talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal 3-1 Leicester - Monday 22nd October

football forum

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Emery has started of better than klopp did. Not saying he is a better coach but he has started of better than most. Trying to think of the last arsenal manager who started of really well. :whistling::ph34r:

Coming in before pre-season definitely helps.

Arsenal will be favourites going off recent form, you should relish it not cower from it.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Coming in before pre-season definitely helps.

Arsenal will be favourites going off recent form, you should relish it not cower from it.

Definitely it does help. However we have definitily improved. Sunday is a big test for us to see where we are at. Realistically though we are looking to get top 4. Anything above that is a bonus. Bare in mind 4th is the best klopp has done I think

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

For me a top 4 slot was never realistic before the season started. Even now I wouldn’t say it’s realistic but it has become a target due to the run and around Christmas time we should know how it’s shaping up. 

You’re Arsenal, top 4 should be the minimum you shoot for each season.

I know there’s been “bantz” in here, but I’m glad Arsenal seem not shite anymore. 

I'd say top 4 was our target going into the season but we definitely were the least favoured out of the big 6 to make it. Now we're probably just above Man Utd when it comes to who's expected to make top four. Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Tottenham are still expected to finish in those spots.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

You’re Arsenal, top 4 should be the minimum you shoot for each season.

I know there’s been “bantz” in here, but I’m glad Arsenal seem not shite anymore. 

Definitely with our resources but the football side of things has been rotting for quite some time and Unai Emery took over an unbalanced squad with all sorts of issues ranging from incorrect players for certain positions, a lack of equilibrium for basic fornations and overpaid players that you can’t just get rid off so as to replace them with signings.

Top 4 before this season started was a pipe dream and anyone that thinks different has either been living on another planet for a few years now or has just found this sport. 

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Definitely with our resources but the football side of things has been rotting for quite some time and Unai Emery took over an unbalanced squad with all sorts of issues ranging from incorrect players for certain positions, a lack of equilibrium for basic fornations and overpaid players that you can’t just get rid off so as to replace them with signings.

Top 4 before this season started was a pipe dream and anyone that thinks different has either been living on another planet for a few years now or has just found this sport. 

Regardless of how likely it is, I’m sure it was the goal this season and Emery would be given time if he failed to achieve it for all the reasons you listed. I’m assuming it’s the goal because for years Wenger was safe with 4th place and 2 years of falling behind rivals cost him his job.

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber

While Arsenal aren't favourites for a top four finish it's hardly unrealistic or a "pipe dream" in my opinion. Unlikely is about as far as I'd go. Tottenham have been quietly efficient but generally unconvincing at times, I'd only narrowly back them over Arsenal to get 4th.

Archived