• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

AFC World Cup Qualifiers

football forum

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Khan of TF365 said:

Vietnam leading against the Saudis. This is a good match day the gap between top and mid teams in Asia need to decrease and it is. 

I've just come back from being out and I'm watching the Australia v China game, but that is a surprising score-line at the moment in Saudi Arabia.

3 minutes ago, Michael said:

I've just come back from being out and I'm watching the Australia v China game, but that is a surprising score-line at the moment in Saudi Arabia.

I've only seen Vietnam play one match... but I thought they were pretty good. At least a very entertaining side to watch - lots of pacey players who look comfortable on the ball & there was a lot of nice passing going on.

I dunno how good they actually are, but I think the little evidence I've seen shows can certainly be a dangerous side I think for any Asian country to face. But yeah, surprising to see them in the lead against the Saudis.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I've only seen Vietnam play one match... but I thought they were pretty good. At least a very entertaining side to watch - lots of pacey players who look comfortable on the ball & there was a lot of nice passing going on.

I dunno how good they actually are, but I think the little evidence I've seen shows can certainly be a dangerous side I think for any Asian country to face. But yeah, surprising to see them in the lead against the Saudis.

I think Vietnam are the most improved of the South East Asian sides. They seem to have found the right tactics and formula to succeed as they have gotten some impressive results over the last two years.

Australia cruising 2-0 in the first half here against China and playing very well. Mabil and Boyle were the scorers. Mabil, Hrustic and Rogic have particularly played very well so far.

1 hour ago, Khan of TF365 said:

Vietnam leading against the Saudis. This is a good match day the gap between top and mid teams in Asia need to decrease and it is. 

I notice the Saudis have turned it around and are now leading 2-1 against Vietnam. Australia have added a 3rd goal through Duke against China.

This group looks like it will be very tough, with Australia, Saudi Arabia, Oman and Japan surely the favourites to finish in the top 2 positions. 

Australia 3-0 China

Saudi Arabia 3-1 Vietnam

Big wins for both Australia and Saudi Arabia, as they both seek to qualify for the World Cup. Goal difference could play a part at the end of the group standings, so both sides will be pleased with their healthy wins and their goals scored this evening.

2 hours ago, Khan of TF365 said:

If Oman win against Saudi Arabia tonight they'll be in a real place to finish top 3

Yeah but Oman are currently losing 1 nil with 10 minutes to go against the Saudis. It's been a fairly balanced match from what I have seen. I was surprised that the Saudis were odds on favourites for this game in Oman, as Oman were excellent against the Japanese in Osaka the other day. Even the Japanese manager admitted that Oman dominated Japan in that game.

It would be nice to see Oman at least get an equaliser in this match. 

How did the Omani striker miss that chance? The Saudi keeper blocked a long range shot and the rebound fell right in front of the Omani striker in front of goal, but he put his shot over the bar. That should have been the equaliser.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived