talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

U21 European Championship - Spain 2-1 Germany

football forum

2 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

France are shocklingly bad. Can't get a simple pass right.

due to Spain's pressing in midfield. It's what I always go on about that if you dominate midfield, then physical prowess becomes null and void to talent.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Marc Roca, Fabian Ruiz and Dani Ceballos is an incredible midfield at this level. 

And a number that should've been there like Marco Asensio would've marked and even higher quality.

42 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

due to Spain's pressing in midfield. It's what I always go on about that if you dominate midfield, then physical prowess becomes null and void to talent.

I wouldn't blame them if the pass was difficult to execute. The error before the 4-1 was an attempt at a simple 5m pass. No pressure on the guy trying to pass, no pressure on the recipient.

23 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

I wouldn't blame them if the pass was difficult to execute. The error before the 4-1 was an attempt at a simple 5m pass. No pressure on the guy trying to pass, no pressure on the recipient.

They were demoralised by then and when that happens you witness silly errors. The fact of the matter is that there was a gulf in class in this particular game. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

Var can be a  helpful tool. But it's rendered useless if the referees don't have the guts to make big calls(bEcAuSe It'S sO eArLy In ThE gAmE).

Yeah Choudhury got sent off for a less dangerous tackle, in my opinion (not saying it wasn't dangerous). 

Also hate that excuse about it being too early in the game. A bad tackle is a bad tackle at any point.

Overall not the best game of this years U19, but still very watchable.  OK, so the tackle deserved a dismissal, but Germany has not learned the one thing that this competition (and the recent World Cup) has shown. From way back watching Seeler and Beckenbauer in 1966 through to 2014 and the team under Lahm they have been almost unbeatable with a strong, respected and forceful leader on the field.  Not there last year and certainly not there last night. No central point of authority to organise the defence and sort out the midfield.  The captains may not have been the best players on the field, but they were the boss and accepting that by all the players has always paid off.  Uwe lost out in 66 despite having Franz with him cos we had Bobby who was a giant!  The looks of little lost sheep at times last night were sad.  Alex at the back has never been a Manuel or Oli and his lack of presence needed a strong defender to shout and yell at the others - very quiet there last night.  Josh K is brilliant but a little shy and timid at times - but he is the possible future leader and he should be put in a dark room with Oli Kahn and others until his backbone is double its present strength.  Without that - or a similar choice - the future is not as bright as the past has been and, like last night, they will be bullied off the park!  Josh is a nice guy but he needs to get nasty (just a bit) and then just maybe......

• The title was changed to U21 European Championship - Spain 2-1 Germany
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived