• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Scottish League Cup - 2019/20

Recommended Posts

Draw has already been made, fixtures still to be announced.

First round starts on July 13th.

Summer break? Forget about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

How do teams feel about their competitive season starting in July? 

Three years ago, Aberdeen began their season in June because of the Europ League. So the rest can't have any complaints.

With UEFA's qualifying rounds beginning ridiculously early, it balances out the season for everyone else.

Most managers haven't had many complaints about it over the last few years. For the Premiership teams, it's just a bit more competitive for preseason matches as half the teams involved are part time, so they can't complain if they have a bad result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might have a look at one of the Southern ones on the 20th if the mythical Rangers v. Blackburn Rovers friendly is the day after as rumoured. Always fancied a day out in Hamilton...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/06/2019 at 20:54, tlr said:

Might have a look at one of the Southern ones on the 20th if the mythical Rangers v. Blackburn Rovers friendly is the day after as rumoured. Always fancied a day out in Hamilton...

Confirmed this morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Rab said:

Confirmed this morning.

Yeah, was announced on our Twitter last night. Decided to make a weekend of it, hopefully getting the Motherwell game on the Friday night and will head somewhere on the Saturday too. Just need to actually get a ticket for Sunday, though would be amazed if either allocation sold out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will keep track of Group G with Livington in there and Group H and Edinburgh City, if I get a chance of watching either of then 2 then I will be a happy chappie.

 

cccccccccccccccccccccccccc.png.f5231d07420ef8ea2aeeab02b0783521.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/06/2019 at 13:18, tlr said:

Yeah, was announced on our Twitter last night. Decided to make a weekend of it, hopefully getting the Motherwell game on the Friday night and will head somewhere on the Saturday too. Just need to actually get a ticket for Sunday, though would be amazed if either allocation sold out.

Currently taking in the joys of Motherwell on a summer evening - ended up near the Motherwell ultras so there's a decent atmosphere if nothing else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SPFL announced details for the final.

Twitter has a measured response...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote.thumb.png.195b896d6257e5dd8ed42345c096b5ce.png

Celtic have warned the Green Brigade ultras group they will be banned from purchasing tickets for next month's League Cup final if they continue to get the club in trouble with Uefa. (Daily Record)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rangers vs Celtic final on Sunday.

Who we going for? I think Celtic 3-2 win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a Gers man so naturally, I would like them to win it but I have a feeling next year will be Stevie G's year, the Gers can pop the goals in but then get cocky when they are ahead then let it slip like against Aberdeen last night, go 2 up then go in sleep mode and Aberdeen scrape a draw, he can moan as much as he wants about a penalty not given last night when Alfredo Morelos got fouled in the box but at the end of the day we should have won that 3-0 looking at the full match on Youtube.

You never know though we could sneak a win at 2-1 but I won't keep my fingers crossed, Morelos has been a good boy playing for a while now but it might be someone like the Celtic captain winding him up and...say no more.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/12/2019 at 13:51, CaaC (John) said:

I am a Gers man so naturally, I would like them to win it but I have a feeling next year will be Stevie G's year, the Gers can pop the goals in but then get cocky when they are ahead then let it slip like against Aberdeen last night, go 2 up then go in sleep mode and Aberdeen scrape a draw, he can moan as much as he wants about a penalty not given last night when Alfredo Morelos got fouled in the box but at the end of the day we should have won that 3-0 looking at the full match on Youtube.

You never know though we could sneak a win at 2-1 but I won't keep my fingers crossed, Morelos has been a good boy playing for a while now but it might be someone like the Celtic captain winding him up and...say no more.   

Celtic have got that extra edge over Rangers. Rangers' back four cost them that match on Wednesday night, unable to cope with not the most skillful or intelligent of forward lines but willing to press high up the pitch.

They needed Jack or Davis to drop deeper to get the ball as they seemed unable to play out from the back without playing it long or inaccurately.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rangers should be well ahead. Celtic are struggling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As if Celtic have scored xD 

Rangers been battering them all game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Penalty Rangers. Red card for the defender pulling back Morelos. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game is amazing xD.

Morelos misses the penalty, Forster saving.

This game is boiling over and it;s great :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really not sure why our penalty taker didn't take the penalty.

Not the time to be switching it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Rab said:

Really not sure why our penalty taker didn't take the penalty.

Not the time to be switching it up.

Thought this too. Was it Morelos wanting all the glory? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stan said:

Thought this too. Was it Morelos wanting all the glory? 

Morelos is yet to score against Celtic, so it was probably trying to force the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had high hopes there for a moment when we were all over the Hoops at 0-0 and I thought we would score, why the fuck did Jack not take the penalty but you are more than likely right Rab that Morelos is yet to score against the Hoops so Jack gave him the chance, yet if Jack had taken it and scored that might have spurred the wee man on and he might have scored a couple.

Let's concentrate on the league now and stop the Hoops from going for another 9 in a row, hopefully, they will slip up and drop a few points as long as we keep winning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was surprised when that Celtic goal stood then someone told me there was no VAR in Scotland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I was surprised when that Celtic goal stood then someone told me there was no VAR in Scotland

The reason we don't have VAR is because we have referees that are sponsored by specsavers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steven Gerrard and his whole family are far more sympathetic to Celtic than the tory, Queen loving Rangers. Why did he ever take that job. Twitters is awash with anti Catholic hatred and racism from the usual rangers bigots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement