talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Donny van de Beek - Real Madrid Confirm Midfielder to Sign in Summer

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Panna King said:

He will be brillant for Liverpool as they didn't score many from midfield, Donny would be perfect.

Yeah, it's really something we've missed since we've sold Coutinho... it was less obvious when the Ox hit form for us. But then he got that awful injury and has barely played for us. And Lallana's sort of the same, but it looks like he's just not able to be the player he was a few years ago for us. But if there's one thing we need in our midfield it's that type of player that links the midfield and the attack and makes those late runs in the box to get tasty shots on goal, the way Donny does.

• Subscriber

This is the player I wanted from Ajax when I watched them play in the CL this year. Extremely crafty and as said before, he can play the link. We're already looking to offload players and Jurgen has taken a keen interest in him so I hope we do get him.

9 hours ago, SirBalon said:

What happened to Ross Barkley?

I don't think anything's happened to him. I'm not sure he's ever really kicked on from his breakout season. He's got shitloads of raw attributes needed to be a success, but his reading of the game as a central midfielder can range from good to very poor. I attribute that to football intelligence tbh - I'm not sure how much of it he has. To his credit, I do think he's gotten slightly better... but I think his lack of consistency stems from his reading of the game and how sometimes he just switches off.

He fixes that and he'll be a great player, because like I said... he's got all of the right attributes. You can learn how to read the play of a football match better, you can't learn how to get taller. So he's still got time to kick on... he just never really did that at Everton after breaking out or after his money move to Chelsea.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't think anything's happened to him. I'm not sure he's ever really kicked on from his breakout season. He's got shitloads of raw attributes needed to be a success, but his reading of the game as a central midfielder can range from good to very poor. I attribute that to football intelligence tbh - I'm not sure how much of it he has. To his credit, I do think he's gotten slightly better... but I think his lack of consistency stems from his reading of the game and how sometimes he just switches off.

He fixes that and he'll be a great player, because like I said... he's got all of the right attributes. You can learn how to read the play of a football match better, you can't learn how to get taller. So he's still got time to kick on... he just never really did that at Everton after breaking out or after his money move to Chelsea.

I loved him at Everton and really thought he was going to be a top player but since he went to Chelsea I've lost track of him as he doesn't really make the back pages anymore. As far as I'm concerned, if you haven't really made your mark by now considering how long he's already been playing at the top end, then it probably won't happen for him. A shame really because like you say, the raw talent is there. @Panna King always goes on about football intelligence being a primal part of what accompanies talent and here we have a very good case as proof of this.

Just now, SirBalon said:

I loved him at Everton and really thought he was going to be a top player but since he went to Chelsea I've lost track of him as he doesn't really make the back pages anymore. As far as I'm concerned, if you haven't really made your mark by now considering how long he's already been playing at the top end, then it probably won't happen for him. A shame really because like you say, the raw talent is there. @Panna King always goes on about football intelligence being a primal part of what accompanies talent and here we have a very good case as proof of this.

It happens all the time unfortunately. Ryan Babel is one of those players, raw talent for days (weeks and years even)… but for too much of his career he wasn't focused on improving his football intelligence. And as a result, his career didn't pan out to be anywhere near as good as it probably should have.

Having said that, there's also plenty of examples of late bloomers. Or players that are always pretty good (because Barkley is still a pretty good player, otherwise he'd have been sold by Everton a long time before they did sell him and he wouldn't be at Chelsea) that never really kick on until they go to a different club, or sometimes a different league, and then all of a sudden they shine. That could happen with Barkley as well, who knows.

I honestly don't think he's that far off from being a much better player than he currently is - if he can demonstrate more consistency with his good play, I think he'll start getting recognition again. It's just I think it'll take a lot of work from him to mentally adjust himself to get that consistency - right now I think there's just some sides where he absolutely struggles to read what the fuck is going on on the pitch around him. But there are also the times where he looks great and is clearly not having a hard time reading the match at all. Probably needs to be paying more attention during the boring shite in match preparation - when you're reviewing the tapes of how the other side play and shite like that.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It happens all the time unfortunately. Ryan Babel is one of those players, raw talent for days (weeks and years even)… but for too much of his career he wasn't focused on improving his football intelligence. And as a result, his career didn't pan out to be anywhere near as good as it probably should have.

Having said that, there's also plenty of examples of late bloomers. Or players that are always pretty good (because Barkley is still a pretty good player, otherwise he'd have been sold by Everton a long time before they did sell him and he wouldn't be at Chelsea) that never really kick on until they go to a different club, or sometimes a different league, and then all of a sudden they shine. That could happen with Barkley as well, who knows.

I honestly don't think he's that far off from being a much better player than he currently is - if he can demonstrate more consistency with his good play, I think he'll start getting recognition again. It's just I think it'll take a lot of work from him to mentally adjust himself to get that consistency - right now I think there's just some sides where he absolutely struggles to read what the fuck is going on on the pitch around him. But there are also the times where he looks great and is clearly not having a hard time reading the match at all. Probably needs to be paying more attention during the boring shite in match preparation - when you're reviewing the tapes of how the other side play and shite like that.

I agree with all that and it's possible he blooms late on. But he reminds me of Joe Cole who I loved in his West Ham Utd days and I really thought he was it. It's all about that early sensation you get with players like these that you think they'll progress and have a good chance of being the protagonist on a global scale.

Just now, Cicero said:

Reuben Loftus-Cheek is superior in every way to Barkley. 

Yeah he's very good, plays with a maturity beyond his very young age as well. He's a young player that demonstrates a lot of football intelligence along with his footballing ability.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Great decision overall if true.

Ajax did reject a 55 million bid and are demanding 75 million but for the deal to be done for next season.  Real cant raise the funds anyway as they need to off load several players.

25 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Ajax did reject a 55 million bid and are demanding 75 million but for the deal to be done for next season.  Real cant raise the funds anyway as they need to off load several players.

There are a number of clubs in the same situation where releasing more funds is impossible. Overall I reckon it's best for Van de Beek and obviously for Ajax.

Real Madrid are in total internal crisis three days before the new season starts. There is an out and out war between the training staff headed by Zinedine Zidane and the board headed by obviously the president Florentino Pérez. The president wants to sign Van de Beek but Zidane is obsessed with Pogba who Florentino has never wanted but has been close to signing through pressure on three seperate occasions.

Zidane has told Florentino Pérez that he will go public resigning once again if Van de Beek is signed. The studied journalists that follow Real are saying that Zidane doesn't know how to use the Dutch player and that's why he doesn't want him as it would put him in evidence as to his innocence where tactical knowhow is concerned with complicated versatile midfielders. Zidane is known to use players that idolise him and thus getting performances from them with the epic in mind. But the moment anything complicated has to be designed for any given match he goes wanting.

Van de Beek wants the Real move but won't betray the club that saw him rise to fame.

18 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Zidane really is one weird fucker?!

There are certain football icons that are like churches and I'll explain...

Zinedine Zidane is one of those names that conjure memories of the sublime for a generation and understandably that means it becomes hard to say a bad word about them or just merely question them. Add to the fact that as a coach he's done what very few have done which is to retain European football's biggest prize which is the Euopean Cup (now known as the Champions League).

For those that follow footbal meticulously they will known that incredibly Zidane's coaching feat where European competition is concerned is very questioned for various reasons. His domestic record is very so so and leaves a lot to be desired which is where the bulk of a coach's credibility is concerned.

The proof that Zidane relies on those that idolise him for the epic we can see in Cristiano Ronaldo's quotes this past week and of course other players like Ramos ans Modrić. Players that have dared to question him are either marginalised, sold or loaned. You can't look past this lingering fact. 

25 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Real Madrid are in total internal crisis three days before the new season starts. There is an out and out war between the training staff headed by Zinedine Zidane and the board headed by obviously the president Florentino Pérez. The president wants to sign Van de Beek but Zidane is obsessed with Pogba who Florentino has never wanted but has been close to signing through pressure on three seperate occasions.

Zidane has told Florentino Pérez that he will go public resigning once again if Van de Beek is signed. The studied journalists that follow Real are saying that Zidane doesn't know how to use the Dutch player and that's why he doesn't want him as it would put him in evidence as to his innocence where tactical knowhow is concerned with complicated versatile midfielders. Zidane is known to use players that idolise him and thus getting performances from them with the epic in mind. But the moment anything complicated has to be designed for any given match he goes wanting.

Van de Beek wants the Real move but won't betray the club that saw him rise to fame.

Real Madrid is not a great club at all to go to right now, there is no rush for Van de Beek to leave Ajax.    It is also not hard where to play van de Beek and that is like in floating around in midfield and attack, also has incredible fitness and work rate to track back. 

2 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Real Madrid is not a great club at all to go to right now, there is no rush for Van de Beek to leave Ajax.    It is also not hard where to play van de Beek and that is like in floating around in midfield and attack, also has incredible fitness and work rate to track back. 

Indeed mate... Florentino wants him to replace Toni Kroos which is something completely visible.

• The title was changed to Donny van de Beek - Real Madrid Confirm Midfielder to Sign in Summer

Archived