Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

2019 African Cup of Nations

Group A:
Egypt
DR Congo
Uganda
Zimbabwe

Group B
Nigeria
Guinea
Madagascar
Burundi

Group C
Senegal
Algeria
Kenya
Tanzania

Group D
Morocco
Ivory Coast
South Africa
Namibia

Group E
Tunisia
Mali
Mauritania
Angola

Group F
Cameroon
Ghana
Guinea-Bissau
Benin

Tournament hosted in Egypt from 21st June to 19th July

Hoping for an Egypt Algeria match up in the knock out rounds.

football forum

I don't entirely get the point to expanding this. Always been a shite tournament. It's a shame too because it has so much potential to be great, some real talent in here, but it just ends up being a tactical farce. Africa is a big continent so I do kind of see a need for expanding, but I also think it will dilute the little quality there already was.

Anyhow, I'd like Egypt to win this. 10 years ago they had a golden generation that won every tournament, but couldn't quite qualify for the World Cup. Now it's the opposite. A team that qualifies for the World Cup but can't quite win the AFCON. Even though they did get to the last final!

1 Egypt 2 Uganda 

1 Nigeria 2 Guinea

1 Senegal 2 Algeria 

1 Morocco 2 Ivory Coast 

1 Tunisia 2 Mali

1 Ghana 2 Cameroon 

South Africa, Angola, Benin, Zimbabwe 

Starts today 

Egypt 1-0 Zimbabwe 

Some real crazing names on the Zimbabwean squad

football forum

Watching DR Congo vs Uganda. The latter leading right now with big Patrick Kadou getting on the scoresheet. He doesn't even have a wikipedia page!

Youcef Atal with one of his trademark bursts into the box gets brought down and Bounedjah puts away the penalty. Algeria 1-0 Kenya

10 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Youcef Atal with one of his trademark bursts into the box gets brought down and Bounedjah puts away the penalty. Algeria 1-0 Kenya

Some great work by Bennacer to put it on a plate for Mahrez and it's 2-0 at half time.

58 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

And has continued to do that in 2nd half really well. 

Been good defensively too. 

Algeria have beaten the favourites, won 2 out of 2, and are looking very good.

I didn't expected a win from Algeria. Congrats!

I'm having a feeling this afcon will be great in the knock outs, African football can be really crazy at times 

Morocco vs Benin

Uganda vs Senegal

Madagascar vs DR Congo

Ghana vs Tunisia 

Nigeria vs Cameroon 

Egypt vs South Africa 

Algeria vs Guinea

Mali vs Ivory Coast 

I'm seeing a potential Egypt Algeria semi final Love it

Morocco missed an injury time penalty against Benin, 1-1 going into extra time 

Benin player red carded in extra time refusing to leave the field, African football is so fun because of these crazy things 

Benin won 4-2 on penalties, first upset of the tournament

Ziyach just went out of gas in the final stages, missed a penalty in injury time and then skyed a shot near the six yard box in extra time

Yup. Ironically Morocco's best player cost them the game. 

Mane puts Senegal in the lead against Uganda 

In the last two games Mané has missed two penalties, scored a penalty and two other goals.

5 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

In the last two games Mané has missed two penalties, scored a penalty and two other goals.

I don't think he's got a great penalty record, so I'm surprise he still takes their penalties

Quote.thumb.png.37a627b3d687ac841791b0adebd8425d.png

Egypt forward Mohamed Salah could miss the hosts' Africa Cup of Nations last-16 tie with South Africa after sitting out of training on Thursday.

Salah, who has had a cold, was told by Egypt coach Javier Aguirre not to "worsen his condition" by training.

The Liverpool forward has scored two goals in his side's three group games.

His absence in Cairo would be a blow for the seven-time champions, who have been criticised at home despite winning all three games without conceding.

Many Egyptians feel that the current team is a shadow of the side which won three successive tournaments between 2006 and 2010.

Meanwhile, South Africa boss Stuart Baxter believes it would be a "national disaster" for Egypt if the hosts were beaten by his side.

Bafana Bafana, who qualified in the final spot reserved for the four best third-placed sides, scored just once in an unimpressive group stage campaign.

"The fact that we're playing against the home nation is inspiring," said Baxter.

"Knowing the Egyptian people, knowing their passion for football, knowing their expectations are very high, knowing that they have some great players, I believe that the pressure would be more on them.

South Africa's only victory in the tournament came against neighbours Namibia in a narrow 1-0 win, but Baxter says his side will "quietly believe we can cause an upset".

"We know that we will have to play very, very well because this is a good Egyptian team and they will have massive support," he added.

"It's our job to bring maybe some frustration. If we can do that and the crowd become a little bit impatient, the players will feel that on the field."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48809160

Nigeria leading 1-0 against Cameroon, 18 shots over all in first 25 minutes 

Two Cameroon goals in 3 minutes turned it around just before half time, then two Nigeria goals in 3 minutes has just put then back in front xD

• Upvote 1