talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Mandalorian [SPOILERS!]

football forum

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, nudge said:

Wtf why are they shaving his legs at the end of the trailer? xD 

Weird humor that you'll only find in anime. From what I remember of it they are thanking them so that's why its happening. It's actually a good watch but there are much nicer animes to watch too. 

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The purest live action space western thing I've watched since Oblivion 2: Backlash.

I think I could stay to live in the credit scenes listening to Ludwig Göransson's score and watching the artistic renditions of the episodes non-stop.

I have spoken.

Another great episode. It felt like a bit of a filler at first, but it got better throughout. What an enjoyable series. 

At this point, I don't even want a kid of my own, I just want a Baby Yoda. :x

Also, Bryce Dallas Howard directed this episode! :o Nice job. 

On 29/11/2019 at 15:07, Mel81x said:

Mmmm mmm mmm Gina Carano. 

She aged like a fine wine, didn't she? I almost didn't recognize her because I hadn't seen her in like 10 years, but nice. 

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Tommy said:

At this point, I don't even want a kid of my own, I just want a Baby Yoda. :x

Yes it has even replaced dogs on the top of my favourite beings list xD 

giphy.gif?cid=790b761142e1e008cc80f58add

And we have Werner Herzog to thank for having it in the show in this specific shape :o  https://uproxx.com/tv/werner-herzog-baby-yoda-cowards/

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Yes it has even replaced dogs on the top of my favourite beings list xD 

giphy.gif?cid=790b761142e1e008cc80f58add

And we have Werner Herzog to thank for having it in the show in this specific shape :o  https://uproxx.com/tv/werner-herzog-baby-yoda-cowards/

German engineering! But yea, kind of heart warming that Herzog fell in love with that puppet. It is so endearing though. And that little voice :x

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

German engineering! But yea, kind of heart warming that Herzog fell in love with that puppet. It is so endearing though. And that little voice :x

xD 

I have enjoyed the pace of it so far and seems as though they are building up the action elements a bit now in the last couple of episodes... did make me laugh when Baby Yoda was touching stuff on the ship after being told not to touch stuff... just like a child xD

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Tommy said:

She aged like a fine wine, didn't she? I almost didn't recognize her because I hadn't seen her in like 10 years, but nice. 

Used to watch her in the UFC (EliteXC?) back in the day and its nice that she's gotten something a bit more meaningful in terms of an important character of a series. She's also one of those totally awkward people as well because I was in Vegas where we ran into her at an MMA convention and shes not much of talker but a nice person who makes time for fans. And you're right shes very unrecognizable these days as she had to buff up for the role. 

• Subscriber
  • Subscriber

Just finished Chapter 5... A solid heavily nostalgia-packed one but it doesn't bring us forward story-wise and it's something that starts to worry me a bit given that there are only 8 episodes in Season 1? So that's only 3 left; if they're also 30-ish minute long then I can't see the story progressing much to be honest. 

That said - we're on Tatooine!

:o Just hearing the name Mos Eisley on the comms made me excited. The twin suns, the Cantina, the pit droids, Tusken raiders with Banthas, the dewback, a scoundrel in the Cantina, speeder bikes, a space shootout... but the biggest one came right at the end of the episode. Could it be... Boba Fett??? :o Or is it more likely Moff Gideon (Esposito's character from the trailers)? 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Probably a big twist/cliff hanger in the finale building up to the next season 

Yeah definitely; I just want to see more of the story progressing in the remaining episodes... 

• Subscriber
On 06/12/2019 at 19:40, nudge said:

Just finished Chapter 5... A solid heavily nostalgia-packed one but it doesn't bring us forward story-wise and it's something that starts to worry me a bit given that there are only 8 episodes in Season 1? So that's only 3 left; if they're also 30-ish minute long then I can't see the story progressing much to be honest. 

Someone burned that theory on Reddit. They said that it was Mando who goes back to check on Fennec but I don't buy that for a minute. Why would they have not shown his face to let the audience know that she's alive and is going to play a bigger role going forward. Also, why would another Mandalorian go after him after the showdown in the previous epsiodes too. Unless, this is some rogue Mandalorian who is working with the guild or the Republic to bring him in.

Just watched Episode 5. Great episode. Many awesome throwbacks to former Star Wars films. The cantina, the droids. 

But yea, as Cicero said, it's probably the Giancarlo Esposito? Or whatever he's called. The guy who played Gus Fringe in Breaking Bad. 

Also, that hangar lady was so nice. ^_^

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

But yea, as Cicero said, it's probably the Giancarlo Esposito? Or whatever he's called. The guy who played Gus Fringe in Breaking Bad. 

Moff Gideon ¬¬

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, nudge said:

Moff Gideon ¬¬

That's what a lot of people are also saying. No one has any clue what his role is yet and while there is a bit of a backstory no one has any clue beyond what's written. I also find it odd that so far we've had no cut scenes showing any other dialogue in any of these episodes with who is after BY but we've only had more people after Mando to get the baby. I fully expect them to not even reveal the big baddie at the end of the season and instead show us some plot twist with Mando and the figure in the desert to close out Season 1. 

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Mel81x said:

That's what a lot of people are also saying. No one has any clue what his role is yet and while there is a bit of a backstory no one has any clue beyond what's written. I also find it odd that so far we've had no cut scenes showing any other dialogue in any of these episodes with who is after BY but we've only had more people after Mando to get the baby. I fully expect them to not even reveal the big baddie at the end of the season and instead show us some plot twist with Mando and the figure in the desert to close out Season 1. 

Very likely. 

I think the cape the "mystery character" is wearing is the best indication that it's Moff Gideon. He has to be introduced somehow and I think that's what they're doing. 

The real badie/the client has to be someone else for sure!

Archived