Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

    The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2019/2020 - Matchday 3 - Aug 30th-Sep 1st


football forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Frankfurt's gonna give it all against Strasbourg trying to turn around a 0:1 from the first leg. They'll be verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyy tired on Sunday, I hope. 

Yeah a good chance for you there.

We desperately need a win against Augsburg.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Frankfurt's gonna give it all against Strasbourg trying to turn around a 0:1 from the first leg. They'll be verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyy tired on Sunday, I hope. 

I think that's a little bit of wishful thinking on your behalf. I believe that 67 hours and 30 minutes is more than enough recovery time for the Frankfurt players to be ready for the Fortuna Dusseldorf match. It's not even like the Frankfurt team need to travel anywhere, as both the Strasbourg and the Dusseldorf matches will be played at the Commerzbank Arena in Frankfurt. In my opinion, the main advantage that Dusseldorf could potentially gain from Frankfurt's midweek match, is if Frankfurt pick up some injuries to key players. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
1 minute ago, Michael said:

I think that's a little bit of wishful thinking on your behalf. I believe that 67 hours and 30 minutes is more than enough recovery time for the Frankfurt players to be ready for the Fortuna Dusseldorf match. It's not even like the Frankfurt team need to travel anywhere, as both the Strasbourg and the Dusseldorf matches will be played at the Commerzbank Arena in Frankfurt. In my opinion, the main advantage that Dusseldorf could potentially gain from Frankfurt's midweek match, is if Frankfurt pick up some injuries to key players. 

I'm not someone to wish injuries on someone, but maybe the Frankfurt players could pull a muscle or two that keeps them out for 5-6 days. 

 

Anyway, Kownacki is match ready, Ampomah returned to training. We're ready :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Tommy said:

I'm not someone to wish injuries on someone, but maybe the Frankfurt players could pull a muscle or two that keeps them out for 5-6 days. 

 

Anyway, Kownacki is match ready, Ampomah returned to training. We're ready :)

Well you're obviously a good sport, but I am sure you wouldn't be too distressed if for example Kostic or Hinteregger joined Rebic and Gacinovic on the injury table for the Dusseldorf match, lol.

Yes, we will have to keep an eye on Kownacki and I will have a closer look at Ampomah and see what he is made of. By the way, the latest rumours suggest that Frankfurt are after Luan(he was South American Footballer of the Year in 2017!), the attacking midfielder from Gremio. He looks good and I would welcome such a player at Frankfurt. But I hope that it doesn't mean that we will sell Rebic. Frankfurt really need to show more ambition as a club, to join the top level clubs in the Bundesliga.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
2 minutes ago, Michael said:

But I hope that it doesn't mean that we will sell Rebic.

Huh? He's a goner, mate. It is known in the German press. Why do you think they signed Bas Dost? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Huh? He's a goner, mate. It is known in the German press. Why do you think they signed Bas Dost? 

I know Hutter was furious with what he felt was Rebic's lack of effort in the Strasbourg game and that he had showdown talks with Rebic on Friday. But I haven't heard of anything since then.

I don't think the signing of Dost was to replace Rebic. Frankfurt needed Dost to add experience to the young Frankfurt attack. Joveljic has only just turned 20 this month, so he is not guarantee to have a consistent first season. So Dost was brought in to provide competition and back up for Joveljic and Paciencia. Secondly, Rebic and Dost are very different players.

Luan is a similar player for Rebic, but as I am ever the optimist, I am hoping that we buy Luan and keep Rebic. Maybe that is being naive, but I wish that to be the case. Perhaps you can update me on the recent news regarding Rebic? There's only a few days before the transfer window slams shut as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

Great Burgstaller goal - stood offside and scores - sorry Kampl not Burgstaller but the same sort of garbage I watch every week - someone should teach these people the rules!

What's happening with your supposed interest in Andre Silva? lol, I don't think he would frustrate you so much in attack if you got him haha.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Italians are still hanging on to him - maybe until the deadline, but with Burgstaller retiring ( he says from International football when we all know International Football retired hik some time ago) and hopefully retiring from us too after the pathetic start to the season as was always to be expected - if anything he is now slower than he was last season - if that could be possible) thehn we do need a good striker and Silva seems to be more than capable of filling that position.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

The Italians are still hanging on to him - maybe until the deadline, but with Burgstaller retiring ( he says from International football when we all know International Football retired hik some time ago) and hopefully retiring from us too after the pathetic start to the season as was always to be expected - if anything he is now slower than he was last season - if that could be possible) thehn we do need a good striker and Silva seems to be more than capable of filling that position.

Andre Silva is more the kind of calibre of player that a big club like Schalke should be targetting. Burgstaller has always been an average centre forward. He'd be more suited to a club like Paderborn, as they would be his level. He even struggled at Cardiff City when he was there. Silva is the type of young and well rated forward that Schalke should be after. They are a huge club and they should be showing more ambition than holding on to players like Burgstaller.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

David W needs to have a replacement ready before sending him on his way - otherwise some of Burgstaller's fans ( and there are a few) will start to get at him out of spite!  as for nudge's comment - Tedesco ruined and trashed any confidence he had when he came to 04 - it takes time for a young guy to get that back but hopefully his new coach will sort it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

David W needs to have a replacement ready before sending him on his way - otherwise some of Burgstaller's fans ( and there are a few) will start to get at him out of spite!  as for nudge's comment - Tedesco ruined and trashed any confidence he had when he came to 04 - it takes time for a young guy to get that back but hopefully his new coach will sort it!

Those Schalke fans who like him are showing their working class colours. A lot of working class fans love players like Burgstaller. the type of player who works his socks off and who tries to close down every ball. A player who leaves all he has got on the field of play, but who at the end of the day is a limited player. He obviously has other strengths, like how he is decent at holding up the ball and the physical part of his game. But essentailly, at Bundesliga level, Burgstaller is an average forward.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, nudge said:

Embolo scores. A little too late it seems though...

Yeah, nice freekick from Benes and a good run and header by Embolo. At least if it stays like this, I will have my score prediction correct.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

Sign up or subscribe to remove this ad.


×
×
  • Create New...