• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

The Last of Us Part 2: Release 21/02/20

Recommended Posts

The new trailer dropped yesterday and with it a release date at last! I not only plan to pre order this but I might just take a bit of time of work to play it through I havent been this stoked for a game in as long as I can rememeber.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The arc that Naughty Dog have taken here is superb. I thought they were coming out with it this year but when you think about it February 2020 isn't that far away.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So this and the Yakuza Remastered Collection just before my birthday. Great. :(

As for this, I really don't want to think about those bastard clickers again. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

So this and the Yakuza Remastered Collection just before my birthday. Great. :(

As for this, I really don't want to think about those bastard clickers again.

RIght! even the trailer as soon as you hear the sound its just unsettling... I need to replay the first one again before this comes out. I remember the scene in the old (I think it was a hospital) basement maybe about halfway through where you have to start the generator to open a locked door. The sounds just freaked me out...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game gets better the more I read about it. Apparently Naughty Dog are not releasing any multi-player functionality with it as they are committed to providing the best single-player experience first. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its got a release date now of somewhere in June I think and rumors flying around are that the whole game plot has leaked so its going to be doing the rounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New story teaser trailer they released the other day. I avoided most the leaks you mention but I did read about all the turn over of dev's, probably alot to do with pushing back the release date iI suppose. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"The last of naughty dog and sony 2"  ..most people are boycotting this with good reason, feminist and sjw's have destroyed this game! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/05/2020 at 15:26, Happy Blue said:

"The last of naughty dog and sony 2"  ..most people are boycotting this with good reason, feminist and sjw's have destroyed this game! 

 

The SJW bandwagon has destroyed a lot of games honestly and part of it is because a lot of these story-driven games touch topics that are a bit hard to digest from a gaming perspective. Still, its a ND game and I haven't read anything about it yet so I'll reserve what I have to say abut it once I play it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

The SJW bandwagon has destroyed a lot of games honestly and part of it is because a lot of these story-driven games touch topics that are a bit hard to digest from a gaming perspective. Still, its a ND game and I haven't read anything about it yet so I'll reserve what I have to say abut it once I play it.

Best bet if you plan on buying it still mate, I won't spoil it for you but they already putting thousands of fake 5 star reviews for the game ahead of release to combat the 1 star it will get off most

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I preordered it and I have no intention of seeking out any of the spoilers or the stories going around. Ive waited way too long for this to be ruined, Im going in pure :hh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

I preordered it and I have no intention of seeking out any of the spoilers or the stories going around. Ive waited way too long for this to be ruined, Im going in pure :hh:

I haven't preordered it but am doing the same in avoiding any spoilers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Downloading.

Ill be picking it up Saturday.... going to have to forge out some time this weekend to go at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Ill be picking it up Saturday.... going to have to forge out some time this weekend to go at it.

I’m about 30% through it and have to say I am liking what I am seeing so far 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/06/2020 at 22:02, Mel81x said:

I’m about 30% through it and have to say I am liking what I am seeing so far 

I snuck in 2 hours or so of play so far today. I absolutely love it so far. The scenery is amazing.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

I snuck in 2 hours or so of play so far today. I absolutely love it so far. The scenery is amazing.

The environments are super flushed and I love how they've done extreme climates and very quiet ones too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Type of game you play the lights out and curtains closed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok im pretty sure youre further then me but the game says im 3:30 in roughly. Ill use spoilers for now.

 

Basically I arrived in Seattle after the Joel butchering... holy fuck he went out rough. Wandered around exploring and scavenging some creepy ass shit. I just opened the second gate after finding gas the Servella hotel or something like that is where I stopped. So far I loved it, great story developing and some intense moments and zombos. I already said this but man the scenery is beautiful, like you mentioned the drastic changes from the winter and storms to lush green seattle. Cant wait to get back at it... I knew i should have taken time off work for this lmao

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just finished it off today finally and man, what a game. I love it, it lives up to every bit of the first one for me. Where are you at @Mel81x before i say anymore xD

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I just finished it off today finally and man, what a game. I love it, it lives up to every bit of the first one for me. Where are you at @Mel81x before i say anymore xD

Finished thats where im at :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Finished thats where im at :)

Alright alright dish, what did you think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Alright alright dish, what did you think?

I thought it was very good. Ambitious? Yes. But what we were we to expect from the developer after they put the first masterpiece out. I honestly thought losing some characters might have made me like it less but overall it kind of works. The beginning is such a slow draw and the snow mechanics were actually really nice. I still think everyone should play this once before taking a call on it and I can't really get the internet's issue with it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I thought it was very good. Ambitious? Yes. But what we were we to expect from the developer after they put the first masterpiece out. I honestly thought losing some characters might have made me like it less but overall it kind of works. The beginning is such a slow draw and the snow mechanics were actually really nice. I still think everyone should play this once before taking a call on it and I can't really get the internet's issue with it.

I couldnt have said it any better. I was waiting to watch dunkeys video on it as I saw he posted one a week or so ago and basically he echos exactly what you've said as well. The outrage culture is just insane, the game absolutely works with what they did and I think its really a shame the leaks tarnished peoples thinking before the game was even released. I heard the other day the voice actor for Abby was receiving death threats over social media ffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I couldnt have said it any better. I was waiting to watch dunkeys video on it as I saw he posted one a week or so ago and basically he echos exactly what you've said as well. The outrage culture is just insane, the game absolutely works with what they did and I think its really a shame the leaks tarnished peoples thinking before the game was even released. I heard the other day the voice actor for Abby was receiving death threats over social media ffs. 

I'll never understand people's outrage over this game personally. Call it out for being shoddy, call it out for being a cash-throwaway that doesnt delivery on the mechanics but they went after such petty plot writing that it made me wonder what they were really angry about. The worst part is that there are so many people who haven't played it and are outraged based on someone elses words and that to me is just weird. 

As for death-threats. The day social media loses its immunity and prosecution gets better is the day the whole internet will be a better place.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No spoilers if possible please. :)

Although I did read about death threats being made and feel like banging my head against a wall. :dash3:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

No spoilers if possible please. :)

Although I did read about death threats being made and feel like banging my head against a wall. :dash3:

I thought about you not having played it and didn't reveal much haha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep no worries I wont say anything without spoiler tags thats relevant.

For all the negative publicity and slander the game recieved im glad I just ignored it all and just experienced the game for myself, it was nearly perfect. Ill definitely be going back and playing the first and second again at some point but I have a more games to get to first. Up next for me I think is going to be Witcher 3.. for some reason I only played 5 hours or so and put it aside to play other things years ago.. the show renewed me interest!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement