talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bayern München Thread

9 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Sorry for being dim but I assumed that Nagelsmenn was doing fine with Germany and enjoying the role, why would he leave?

I mean he only got a contract until after the Euros. And he's a young ambitious coach who maybe wants to do some more club coaching instead of just coaching every few months. 

44 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I mean he only got a contract until after the Euros. And he's a young ambitious coach who maybe wants to do some more club coaching instead of just coaching every few months. 

Can see him turning down Bayern , if an other club of International reputation, naming Barcelona amongst others come asking, though.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Rucksackfranzose said:

Can see him giving Bayern a basket, if an other club of International reputation, naming Barcelona amongst others come aking, though.

Oh I'd prefer to see him at an international top club rather than seeing him back at Bayern. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, Tommy said:

It was wrong to let him go to start with. But in his shoes, I don't know if I'd come back after they treated me like that. Then again, it was Salihamidzic and Kahn who sacked him, right? They could always blame it on these idiots. xD

That would be my feelings exactly, We may need him but he definitely doesnt need us. Thats the only way you can try and sell him on coming back right? Look all those idiots are gone! 

At the end of the day all the reports have said he hasnt made a final decision so we'll see what happens. If things keep going the way their going with the national team anyways Im sure the DFB would want to extend him too. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Things seemed to have heated up in the last 24 hours about Ragnick. Idk how to feel about it really, well see what happens first off all I suppose.

The word from Bayern team circles on Tuesday evening is that Ralf Rangnick has already received a concrete offer from the club. Players and staff have been mentally preparing for the potential arrival of Rangnick. Within the supervisory board, there's no opposition. All what's missing now is Rangnick's 'yes'. The Austrian federation will not stand in his way if he communicates his desire to join Bayern. As of this afternoon, he hadn't done so [
@SZ

• Subscriber

Story from Der Fußballgott about Mourinho on his team at United. Sad stuff the way his european career teetered off.

It was [preseason] 2016 and I was with the German national team, we went far in the competition [Euros] reaching the semifinals, so I stepped in a little later [at United] and the team were in the U.S. for a preseason tour. When I arrived on the first day, I trained with Zlatan Ibrahimović and thought it was great, a player who has the vision and is amazing to play with.

The next day, on my birthday, when I walked into [United’s training ground] Carrington, [football director] John Murtough was there and said that I wasn’t allowed to walk into the dressing room, the coach had said so. No warning, nothing. I don’t know [why he told me]. Someone could have told me there [on my first day of training] or explained it to me in a normal way, but okay, I went to the youth dressing room and trained with the under-16s. Yes, completely [kicked me out of the first team dressing room], so I had to ask him [Murtough] to bring me my cleats and training gear. I asked him who I was training with, and he said there was the U16 team, so I went and trained with the U16.

I asked him whether I could talk to the manager in the afternoon, so when I came back from training with the under 16s, where I trained so bad because I didn’t know what was going on or it was a joke, I then had a meeting with him [José Mourinho] in the afternoon. He explained to me that he didn’t see me happy here at United because when I had my injury, I did my rehab with German doctors, spending time in Germany.

Of course, I came back to United and was in contact with doctors and watched the games — I had a conversation with Louis van Gaal when he was coach, and he said to come on the weekends to United and remain in contact with the doctors, they needed me fit and there was an FA Cup final which I almost played. That was our agreement and I kept to it. For me, I just wanted to get healthy and wanted to be able to play — I stuck to the agreement with Louis van Gaal but obviously the board thought a little differently about that.

It was just me [that got moved to the youth dressing room]. After that, I was training alone for at least three months with a fitness coach. I trained before and after the [first] team. No [José never let me train with the first team], I guess they wanted to get rid of me.

In that moment, I was still super happy at United, I loved to wear the jersey, I loved it. I was thinking that maybe it was just a period, I will train now and keep myself fit and maybe one day they’ll change their mind. My dream was to always step back out into Old Trafford.”

“I didn’t see them, sometimes I’d pass by a few or get a message. They said that they didn’t understand the decision, but I didn’t see them, I had to train in the morning or after their session to not see them.”

30 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

In Search of the Happiness Max — Recast Highlander

Humble reminder, although it's been contextually obvious whom you were talking about- the term "Fußballgott" is used that inflationary throughout all clubs and leagues, sometimes even for more than one player of the same club, that it's completely inapproriate as an identification.😎

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Humble reminder, although it's been contextually obvious whom you were talking about- the term "Fußballgott" is used that inflationary throughout all clubs and leagues, sometimes even for more than one player of the same club, that it's completely inapproriate as an identification.😎

Yeah i got you. If I had posted this outside of this thread I wouldnt make that assumption :) 

• Upvote 1