talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

4 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Is it? Mox losing the strap was more predictable than the sun rising. 

You've obviously never woke up hungerover in the middle of winter when the change of daylight saving kicks in.

'why is the sun setting at 3pm?'

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

Its the manner in how Mox lost the title is why its must watch. It made Sting an afterthought. Best episode of Dynamite yet.

It was typical AEW minor league shit. 

Mox hits Omega with his finisher into a hard, supposedly hot surface, and concrete. Kenny needs 100 referees and a doctor. Mox throws them away, rolls Kenny into the ring and kenny bonks him once with a mic, can suddenly run and prance about and wins. Miraculously recovered from his near death experience in the span of 10 seconds. 

Everyone acting like its a big deal he hit Mox with a mic after mox DDTed him into a heater like it somehow maked Kenny a heel? Turnabout not fair play anymore? 

And speaking of minor league. Partnering with Impact xD. Ah yes, can't wait to see AJ Swoggle vs Marco stunt. 

16 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

It was typical AEW minor league shit. 

Mox hits Omega with his finisher into a hard, supposedly hot surface, and concrete. Kenny needs 100 referees and a doctor. Mox throws them away, rolls Kenny into the ring and kenny bonks him once with a mic, can suddenly run and prance about and wins. Miraculously recovered from his near death experience in the span of 10 seconds. 

Everyone acting like its a big deal he hit Mox with a mic after mox DDTed him into a heater like it somehow maked Kenny a heel? Turnabout not fair play anymore? 

And speaking of minor league. Partnering with Impact xD. Ah yes, can't wait to see AJ Swoggle vs Marco stunt. 

Jesus you must be fun to watch Wrestling with xD

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Jesus you must be fun to watch Wrestling with xD

I watch NJPW. Which is genuinely perfect as a wrestling product most times. 
And WWE, but WWE is always a piss up day, so we just get drunk and laugh along, with generally 1-2 matches per PPV being memorable or good. 

Not sure what they're they're gonna be able to get out of Sting but people will be at least interested in seeing what AEW do with him. Of course there are those that think it's a game changer where AEW are gonna benefit where WWE failed but the last time they thought that was with Rusev. That isn't going so well...

AEW partnering with Impact is a bigger screwjob than Montreal because Kenny hit Mox on the noggin with a microphone (after being DDTed into a heater). Yawn

If you wanted to run this angle, it's imperative for mox to attempt to wrestle a clean match. For mox to keep getting outwrestled, then come back into the match WITHOUT CHAIRS OR DDTS ON THE FLOOR only then to have kenny introduce a weapon and win dirty. As usual AEW gets its wires crossed, Psychology confused and asks me to cry for Mox, after they never agreed on no weapons in the first place and that mox had introduced them long since before. 

Baring that catastrophe the whole angle is fucking balls anyway. Impact reeks of death and failure, the AEW world championship is not bigger than Montreal and its a cringe attempt to try to wear the big boy pants. 

Welcome to DDWs top 10 wrestling matches of the year. 

My 2019 picks were 
10. Dustin vs Cody. AEW.

9. Iishi vs Takagi G1 climax NJPW. 

8. Tanahashi vs Omega NJPW

7. Okada vs Sanada New japan cup NJPW

6. Ospreay vs Okada G1 climax NJPW

5. Walter Vs Tyler Bate NXT UK

4. Adam Cole Vs Johnny Gargano for the vacant NXT title NXT

3. Naito vs Ibushi, the one where Naito kills Ibushi dead at Dominion NJPW

2. Sanada vs Okada G1 climax NJPW

1. Ospreay vs Takagi best of super jnrs final. 

Now in 2020. Did anyone top that monstrous Ospreay Takagi match? And can anyone top Okadas triple effort?

10. Young Bucks vs FTR (AEW tag team championship match) 

9. Drew Gulak vs Daniel Bryan (I would like to congratulate the WWE main roster for getting a match on this list)

8. Keith Lee vs Dominick Dijakovic (Takeover Portland) 

7. Kota Ibushi vs Minoru Suzuki G1 climax

6. Walter vs iIja Dragunov (NXT UK championship match) 

5. Will Ospreay vs Shingo Takagi G1 climax

4. Kota Ibushi vs Okada. Wrestle kingdom (IWGP championship match) 

3. El Desperado vs Hiromu Takahashi. Best of the super juniors final. 

2. Tetsuya Naito vs Okada. Wrestle kingdom night 2 (IWGP championship match) 

1. Will Ospreay vs Hiromu Takahashi. Wrestle kingdom (IWGP jrn heavyweight championship match) 

No one hits a triple this year, but Ospreay, Hiromu, Ibushi and Okada all get on there twice. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Edge Orton for match of the year hands down.

COME ONNNNNNNNN

A heavily edited match, with RE TAKES of spots they didn't get perfect, with rest brakes after spots. Wasn't even a real wrestling match for starters. And secondly, while yes, the final product was decent, Even ignoring all I said before, it lacks the fluidity struggle, and or brutality of all the above matches. It was a dramatic and satisfying match, but even then half the matches I've listed were more so.

You've picked the years rock vs hogan. Except without a crowd. 

13 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

COME ONNNNNNNNN

A heavily edited match, with RE TAKES of spots they didn't get perfect, with rest brakes after spots. Wasn't even a real wrestling match for starters. And secondly, while yes, the final product was decent, Even ignoring all I said before, it lacks the fluidity struggle, and or brutality of all the above matches. It was a dramatic and satisfying match, but even then half the matches I've listed were more so.

You've picked the years rock vs hogan. Except without a crowd. 

Greatest Wrestling Match Ever.

Even Meltzer couldn't give it a rating.

7 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Nah man, he gave a parking lot brawl 5 stars. This was another level.

They traded finishers in the ring and everything.

He said in Kenny Omega vs Laredo kid, Omega was "Ric Flair eque" "because he did that thing where a wrestler is about to submit but doesn't "xD

So I watch the match, knowing full well that Omega is very capable of having a great match, but surprised because Mexican matches are usually rushed spot fests. (which can be fun too)

Annnnnd the match is a rushed spot fest, and if flair was dead he'd be rolling in his grave. Flips, finishers and unintentional no selling. The only psychology was after about 15 minutes Laredo Kid (bless his tiny taco loving soul) decided he should probably work a body part if they were gonna wrestle for 25 minutes. They'd hit each other with a massive signature, get a 2 count, then spring up and smash another one. 

One of WWEs biggest problem is that their stories don't matter, so why should I care.
In AEW their dangerous spots and high spots don't matter, so why should I care. 

"PENTA EL ZERO HAS JUST PILEDIVEN CHUCKY T OFF THE APRON THROUGH A TABLE BAH GAWD" Cuts to commercial. Match goes for 20 more minutes 

Then classic Matt Jackson spends the first 10 minutes of a match writhing in agony as his bad back gets worked over, to later hit triple locomotion northern lights suplexes no worries. 

Just noticed Twitter is having a meltdown over raitings as Raw have hit their lowest in some time.

Personally, I dont think live raitings are the 'be all end all'. Its definitely not fair to compare raitings now to 10+ years ago. We live in age where people can watch highlights off YouTube and Twitter or just prefer to listen to a podcast recap. There's even Wrestling related podcasts where they admit to not watching the weekly show ffs 😂. There's also other factors like no live audience and Raw being the B show now which would have affected the raitings.

That said, to go from 4 million in 2016 (which we will probably look back as a real golden year) to 2 million in 2018 (which is possibly the worst year I can think of) to 1.5 million now is alarming.

Personally think they're paying the price for showing too much respect to previous generations. The decline started when they ditched the Kevin Owens / Chris Jericho main event stuff to make Goldberg Champion. They then have a creation in Bray Wyatt whose momentum got completely shafted by Goldberg becoming Champion. They have Drew and Roman at the minute who could get people talking with an epic man event feud, but they choose to retire Undertaker for the 50th time to close off Survivor Series. 

I know AEW are not everyone's cuppa but they have a better balance with legends. They'll introduce them for the interest Spike but they're used to elevate the talent who are in or approaching their prime. In WWE any legend that comes back is looking at a title run.

I can't see the raitings picking up any time soon. You look at other industries that WWE will see as entertainment competitors and the top is surrounded by younger creative minds. Vince surrounds himself with people like Bruce Pritchard.

• Upvote 1

Predictions for TLC?

- Sasha Banks beating Carmella because nothing else makes sense.

- Shayna and Nia defeating Asuka and her mystery partner. Fancy it being Dana Brooke or Billie Kay. I can't see it being Charlotte because you wouldn't want any of them four taking the pin.

- The Hurt Business beating The New Day. This feud doesn't really make sense unless The Hurt Business get the titles.

- Randy Orton setting The Fiend on fire but The Fiend no sells it and goes after Randy Orton.

- Drew McIntyre leaving as Champion. Albeit it wouldn't surprise me if they do something unsuspected because Raw raitings are so shitty.

- Roman Reigns beating Kevin Owens. No way is he dropping the title now.

Positives:

Roman Reigns / Kevin Owens was great story telling.

The Fiend / Orton match was pretty cool.

The Hurt Business have more gold.

Negatives:

Seems weird that the ending of the storyline of fans caring about Lana is Charlotte becoming Champion.

Miz and Morrison becoming a comedy act is pretty disheartening. They're not even chickenshit heels.

4 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Positives:

Roman Reigns / Kevin Owens was great story telling.

The Fiend / Orton match was pretty cool.

The Hurt Business have more gold.

Negatives:

Seems weird that the ending of the storyline of fans caring about Lana is Charlotte becoming Champion.

Miz and Morrison becoming a comedy act is pretty disheartening. They're not even chickenshit heels.

Positives. The hurt business. The roman vs Owens match wasn't awful. 

Negatives. Everything else.