The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - 30 Nov - 2nd December, 2019

football forum

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Officially the worst start to a league campaign in history for United. He has to go.

Realistically you'll could still make Europe but top 4 is a distant dream if you'll continue the way you'll do.

I’ll take a point but tbh felt we could beat this united team, we sit too deep against the old “top 6” sides and I think we need to cut that out, we’ve been in similar positions against pretty much all the bigger clubs and we’ve gone into our shell and dropped points. 

On United, worst I’ve seen them James is the only positive, have to think Ole has been fucked on recruitment, as was Jose really. You can keep changing the manager but the clubs out of date now needs a rethink behind the scenes. 

On 30/11/2019 at 16:40, LFCMadLad said:

This month? Weve been hanging on in games all season!. We haven't kept a clean sheet in about 10 games now. 

You wanna try supporting arsenal mate

• Subscriber

Don't say I didn't warn you about Maguire. He's not bad, but he isn't an elite defender, and it's only being highlighted even more now. Manchester United and Woodward fell for the hype.

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Harry said:

United on 18 points from 14 games and in ninth... Is it just me or would we not expect that type of points return to have you closer to 15th than 10th?

You have to also take into account that the rest of the pack have been getting draws and most of those teams have run into us at some point as well. 

image.png.03065cf5d2e6368e0619f07cd865f1af.png

As I said in the other thread with the Villa match, United are just a good run away from getting into Europe and I'd be shocked if upper management there isn't deciding how to quietly pack Ole off while they get one of the available managers to come. It also helps their cause that Wolves, Sheffield and Arsenal all had draws this weekend because it keeps them in relevant running. You could also make a case that any one of those teams all the way up to Newcastle could show some ambition and go further up pretty quick.

• The topic was unpinned
18 hours ago, Dan said:

Grealish is seriously good. I'd have both him and Maddison a lot more involved with the England team than they currently are.

Haha 12 months ago you weren’t convinced. I take it as a victory on evaluating a player, I’ve called it for 18 months now, he’s going to the very top with a bit of luck and he’s taking us with him. It  will take a monumental amount to move him. He’s on 100k a week at Villa already and we will build a team around him as we don’t need the money. 

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Haha 12 months ago you weren’t convinced. I take it as a victory on evaluating a player, I’ve called it for 18 months now, he’s going to the very top with a bit of luck and he’s taking us with him. It  will take a monumental amount to move him. He’s on 100k a week at Villa already and we will build a team around him as we don’t need the money. 

I can't remember what I said 12 months ago. Probably something along the lines of him looking good but largely untested in the top flight, which would've been completely fair.

It's a real asset for you having a player like that who supports the club. A genuine big talent who you could well hold onto.

3 hours ago, Dan said:

I can't remember what I said 12 months ago. Probably something along the lines of him looking good but largely untested in the top flight, which would've been completely fair.

It's a real asset for you having a player like that who supports the club. A genuine big talent who you could well hold onto.

In fairness it’s not you haha it was Lucas who although he rated him questioned his ability at times although he did say in the summer he thought Jack would do well. 

To think spurs offered 3m and onumah to start in the summer 

Archived