talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

is any of that untrue. that crazy shit did happen. 

Because several people have spent multiple pages of this thread debunking and correcting things you've said that just flat out aren't true, or are based in either fallacy or on unrealistic expectation, and you don't even stop to hold your hands up on the bits that are demonstrably wrong before deflecting onto something else. After a while, there's no point in trying to "disprove" or "argue against" anything you say because there's absolutely zero prospect of a consensus that isn't based entirely on your predetermined opinion in your black and white world.

As long as you pursue this style of debate, it's always going to end in people responding with sarcasm, insults, eye-rolling or people just ignoring you. Why should any of us bother drilling into the finer points of public transport policy at the start of the pandemic and the complex balances between logistics, risk and convenience that we all had to try and strike when you can't even climb down from your claim that everyone gets a post-mortem which has been proven comprehensively untrue? You can tell yourself that everyone else is being 'condescending' or that they're 'brainwashed' for continuing not to agree with you but if you refuse to acknowledge a grey area and refuse to acknowledge that there are parts of your argument that are flimsy or misinformed, then it's you who thinks your opinions are infallible and that you know better than everyone else, and it's you who's being close-minded, and effectively brain-washed by what you've already decided is true and false.

I do have a genuine interest in why people end up believing the sorts of things you've posted in this thread, and why the distrust in 'official' sources of information runs so deep that you simply won't be budged from your chosen position by any mass of conflicting information, which is why I initially try to engage in good faith. I don't want it to become personal, so I'll try not to get too bogged down in the name calling and piss taking, but you'd do yourself a big favour if you just accepted it when someone points out to you that your source is dodgy or the claims made in it were disproved by fact checks (which happens to everyone) or you stopped to tell people you can see where they're coming from now and then and accepted at least a few elements of what they were saying.

Edited by RandoEFC
  • Like 1

• Administrator
59 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

I am beginning to get the impression that we are all falling for some sort of a clever plan - and being drawn into what the 'Pool guy has set up just for that purpose.....

I wouldn't call it clever. A plan where you purposely make yourself look stupid is pretty damn special though. Certified wum. 

IMG-20210511-WA0016_1.jpg

Ruined. Schooled. Whatever you want to call it, you've had a mare. You can stop playing your game now. It's run its cause. 

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Because several people have spent multiple pages of this thread debunking and correcting things you've said that just flat out aren't true, or are based in either fallacy or on unrealistic expectation, and you don't even stop to hold your hands up on the bits that are demonstrably wrong before deflecting onto something else. After a while, there's no point in trying to "disprove" or "argue against" anything you say because there's absolutely zero prospect of a consensus that isn't based entirely on your predetermined opinion in your black and white world.

As long as you pursue this style of debate, it's always going to end in people responding with sarcasm, insults, eye-rolling or people just ignoring you. Why should any of us bother drilling into the finer points of public transport policy at the start of the pandemic and the complex balances between logistics, risk and convenience that we all had to try and strike when you can't even climb down from your claim that everyone gets a post-mortem which has been proven comprehensively untrue? You can tell yourself that everyone else is being 'condescending' or that they're 'brainwashed' for continuing not to agree with you but if you refuse to acknowledge a grey area and refuse to acknowledge that there are parts of your argument that are flimsy or misinformed, then it's you who thinks your opinions are infallible and that you know better than everyone else, and it's you who's being close-minded, and effectively brain-washed by what you've already decided is true and false.

I do have a genuine interest in why people end up believing the sorts of things you've posted in this thread, and why the distrust in 'official' sources of information runs so deep that you simply won't be budged from your chosen position by any mass of conflicting information, which is why I initially try to engage in good faith. I don't want it to become personal, so I'll try not to get too bogged down in the name calling and piss taking, but you'd do yourself a big favour if you just accepted it when someone points out to you that your source is dodgy or the claims made in it were disproved by fact checks (which happens to everyone) or you stopped to tell people you can see where they're coming from now and then and accepted at least a few elements of what they were saying.

but my main points were that the government have cooked the books on the stats they gave us and the MSM are just as bad for promoting it. i never said covid is not real. when the government says things like this month 2 years ago this amount of people died and now this month we have 2000 more deaths so it has to be covid it just wrong. they are using a test that is proven to be not fit for use and has a not so great accuracy rate. we know that because we have seen scientists say as much. you can look that up if you dont know that already. now people can take the piss all they like but the 28 day thing is a farce. this thing is real. people have got sick and people have died but it dont sit right with me when the government say things like this amount of people died with covid mentioned on the COD. or this person died with covid. people that die from cancer dont die with cancer they die of cancer. 

Just now, Stan said:

I wouldn't call it clever. A plan where you purposely make yourself look stupid is pretty damn special though. Certified wum. 

IMG-20210511-WA0016_1.jpg

Ruined. Schooled. Whatever you want to call it, you've had a mare. You can stop playing your game now. It's run its cause. 

:rofl: on that forum we joke mate. its what we do. :D

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

His brain is like still at the start of the pandemic when we all had those unanswered questions. But while we got answers, he was probably busy banging his head against the wall or something. 

yes because at the start of the pandemic the scientists thought closing the pubs at 10 and not 11 would stop the spread of covid. it was not until 18 months later that the scientists sussed on that doing that would not help. :rofl: 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Imagine thinking your theories were more realistic than actual scientists ffs xD

PROVE HE'S WRONG THOUGH. ALL YOU NEED TO DO. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

Imagine thinking your theories were more realistic than actual scientists ffs xD

and imagine being a scientist that says keep people 2m apart when they are in a airport but let them sit 2inch from each other when they are on the plane :rofl:

Just now, UNIQUE said:

and imagine being a scientist that says keep people 2m apart when they are in a airport but let them sit 2inch from each other when they are on the plane :rofl:

Imagine that there are differing scenarios with tests being taken, rules being followed and context put in place. Probably a bit too much for you too handle to be fair. It’s a shame we can’t write in crayon.

2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Imagine that there are differing scenarios with tests being taken, rules being followed and context put in place. Probably a bit too much for you too handle to be fair. It’s a shame we can’t write in crayon.

wtf are you talking about. do they take a test at the door of the plane. like 2m apart when you que up to get on the plane but you take a test at the door. :rofl:

@DeadLinesman heres another rule they came up with im sure you will like. i cant mix with the people next door who are 1 wall and 1 fence away but our kids can go to the same school and mix with each other then come home to both houses. :rofl: i like that one 

Edited by UNIQUE

7 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

@DeadLinesman heres another rule they came up with im sure you will like. i cant mix with the people next door who are 1 wall and 1 fence away but our kids can go to the same school and mix with each other then come home to both houses. :rofl: i like that one 

Social contact with other children is more important for children than social contact to other adults is for adults. That's because the latter are supposed to have developed their social skills. By the way, if you want to compare children interacting at schools to adults don't take your spare time but your working hours, when you mix with others as school is the kid's equivalent to a job. Only difference is they don't get paid for it.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Social contact with other children is more important for children than social contact to other adults is for adults. That's because the latter are supposed to have developed their social skills. By the way, if you want to compare children interacting at schools to adults don't take your spare time but your working hours, when you mix with others as school is the kid's equivalent to a job. Only difference is they don't get paid for it.

but my point is if you are trying to stop the spread of covid than that rule is dumb. unless you are saying some spread of covid is acceptable.

2 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

but my point is if you are trying to stop the spread of covid than that rule is dumb. unless you are saying some spread of covid is acceptable.

Some spread is inevitable to begin with. Did you think the Corona virus takes a break, if and when you buy your food in a supermarket? And yes,  I'm saying we got no right to sacrifice the wellbeing and the future prospect of the youngest generation for much longer in the hope of containing an illness that perhaps will be contained anyway in the near future, if vaccination is working as good as forecasts say.

11 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Some spread is inevitable to begin with. Did you think the Corona virus takes a break, if and when you buy your food in a supermarket? And yes,  I'm saying we got no right to sacrifice the wellbeing and the future prospect of the youngest generation for much longer in the hope of containing an illness that perhaps will be contained anyway in the near future, if vaccination is working as good as forecasts say.

no thats exactly why i posted the thing about the dumb rules. thats why i said they are stupid. 

1 minute ago, UNIQUE said:

no thats exactly why i posted the thing about the dumb rules. thats why i said they are stupid. 

Only that the rules aren't as dumb as you suggest. Just because some spread is inevitable doesn't mean you can minimize it. While buying food and eating it is essential for humans going to a pub and enjoying drinks with mates isn't.

That's why I said you shouldn't compare children going to school to yourself mixing  with your neighbours. Educating our children definitely is essential.

1 minute ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Only that the rules aren't as dumb as you suggest. Just because some spread is inevitable doesn't mean you can minimize it. While buying food and eating it is essential for humans going to a pub and enjoying drinks with mates isn't.

That's why I said you shouldn't compare children going to school to yourself mixing  with your neighbours. Educating our children definitely is essential.

but telling people that the pubs will shut 1 hour early to stop the spread is dumb dont you think. also if me and my next door neighbours kids can mix in school then the chances of spreading the virus is the same as us mixing at home. unless you think the virus will not spread in schools. its just dumb shit. 

but telling people that the pubs will shut 1 hour early to stop the spread is dumb dont you think. also if me and my next door neighbours kids can mix in school then the chances of spreading the virus is the same as us mixing at home. unless you think the virus will not spread in schools. its just dumb shit. 

As I said look at school as what it is, children's equivalent to work. So no, you can't close schools for several reasons not compare to pubs. Didn't hear you moaning about others going to their job, although them sitting in buses and subs also has the potential of spreading the virus. As for the pubs, if there's something dumb about it it's that pubs are opened, not that the government try to reduce the risk  by regulating the hours they might be open.

2 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

As I said look at school as what it is, children's equivalent to work. So no, you can't close schools for several reasons not compare to pubs. Didn't hear you moaning about others going to their job, although them sitting in buses and subs also has the potential of spreading the virus. As for the pubs, if there's something dumb about it it's that pubs are opened, not that the government try to reduce the risk  by regulating the hours they might be open.

but it was the government that opened the pubs with the dumb ass rules. and i never moaned about anything. i just pointed out that the rules they put in place were dumb as fuck. do you think keeping me and the people next door away from each other will stop the spread but our kids mixing has no chance of taking it back to both homes. you aint that silly are you. 

but it was the government that opened the pubs with the dumb ass rules. and i never moaned about anything. i just pointed out that the rules they put in place were dumb as fuck. do you think keeping me and the people next door away from each other will stop the spread but our kids mixing has no chance of taking it back to both homes. you aint that silly are you. 

OK. You just repeat the same post over and over again. Either you're not willing to react to what I wrote or you're incapable to do so. Either way I'm out.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

OK. You just repeat the same post over and over again. Either you're not willing to react to what I wrote or you're incapable to do so. Either way I'm out.

i repeat it because you dont want to talk about my point. you say school is important and i agree with that. but there is no point in keeping me and the family next door away from each other if our kids can mix at school. you cant be that dumb that you dont see them rules will not stop the spread from our 2 families. you are just being a cantankerous cunt. so keeping our families away from each other on the weekend will stop the spread but from monday to friday our kids mix at school and will pass it from our house to theres. so the rule is a oxymoron.