talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus & The Premier League

• Administrator
1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Oh that makes it OK then Stan! Let's all just fuck it off altogether. In fact let's all go destroy local small businesses, attack shopkeepers, assault police officers, rip down statues, graffiti statues, and attack white people ... because other people are doing it hey?

No, that's not the point I was making. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The black lives matter issue is very important and needs as much awareness as possible. As much as it is important to thank the NHS we don't need awareness of it people are already aware of it. The the black lives matter logo does need to be larger so the message can get across. I doubt many NHS workers would be offended by this.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

No, that's not the point I was making. 

Look, if you think that some of the disgusting behaviour that's occurred during these protests, not to mention the total disrespect being shown to other races and the NHS by ignoring social distancing rules, deserves to be advertised around the world on the back of players shirts then....

17 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

As much as it is important to thank the NHS we don't need awareness of it people are already aware of it. 

Dont we? Are they?

Funny that because BLM protesters seem to think its absolutely fine to gather in their hundreds of thousands with no regard to social distancing, therefor risking increased infection of Covid, therefore risking putting insurmountable pressure back on the NHS who risk their own lives Saving all the worlds races on a daily basis already.

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Look, if you think that some of the disgusting behaviour that's occurred during these protests, not to mention the total disrespect being shown to other races and the NHS by ignoring social distancing rules, deserves to be advertised around the world on the back of players shirts then....

7 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Dontbwe? Are they?

Funny that because BLM protesters seem to think its absolutely fine to gather in their hundreds of thousands with no regard to social distancing, therefor risking increased infection of Covid, therefore risking putting insurmountable pressure back on the NHS who risk their own lives Saving all the worlds races on a daily basis already.

Your obsession with only BLM protests and not the far-right Tommy Robinson wannabe cokeheads protesting at the weekend, where they also attacked police officers, pissed on statues, gathered with no regard to social distancing, got in to fights speaks volumes.

Fine if you're not keen on BLM being supported by footballers but don't act like it was only BLM protesters that were in the wrong here. 

30 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

So you agree the NHS has taken a backseat to BLM in this case?

Well I hope all the disregard for social distancing during these protests don't end up putting even more insurmountable pressure on the hospitals around the world or the NHS workers will once again have to risk their own lives saving all races.

Black lives do matter of course, but totally disregarding social distancing is just pure stupidity at a time like this don't you think?

No not necessarily. As far as I'm aware the players initiative is still going for the NHS? 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

No not necessarily. As far as I'm aware the players initiative is still going for the NHS? 

It is. They also pay a higher rate of tax due to their earnings, of course some of which goes towards helping fund the NHS (yet they were asked to take pay-cuts, therefore pay less tax(?!)) but in MadLad's mind there's no support shown for NHS just because BLM gets some airtime on football shirts. Not to mention the countless contributions that several clubs make, no doubt Liverpool included, to local hospitals and charities to help where NHS funds haven't been able to. 

NHS has never taken a backseat. And never will. Not least from football clubs where local communities hold great importance for them and thrive of the clubs in a positive way.

18 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Dont we? Are they?

You've missed my point mate. You really are very bad at seeing other people's points of view

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Your obsession with only BLM protests and not the far-right Tommy Robinson wannabe cokeheads protesting at the weekend, where they also attacked police officers, pissed on statues, gathered with no regard to social distancing, got in to fights speaks volumes.

Fine if you're not keen on BLM being supported by footballers but don't act like it was only BLM protesters that were in the wrong here. 

Huh? As far as I'm aware its only BLM that is being advertised on footballers shirts? That is the conversation in hand isnt it Stan? 

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

You've missed my point mate. You really are very bad at seeing other people's points if view

I didnt miss your point at all. I just think it was a very poor point you made. There's a difference. 

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I didnt miss your point at all. I just think it was a very poor point you made. There's a difference. 

You did miss it trust me. I don't see the point in having a discussion on it. You never get the point people are trying to make if you don't wanna hear it

12 minutes ago, Stan said:

It is. They also pay a higher rate of tax due to their earnings, of course some of which goes towards helping fund the NHS (yet they were asked to take pay-cuts, therefore pay less tax(?!)) but in MadLad's mind there's no support shown for NHS just because BLM gets some airtime on football shirts. Not to mention the countless contributions that several clubs make, no doubt Liverpool included, to local hospitals and charities to help where NHS funds haven't been able to. 

NHS has never taken a backseat. And never will. Not least from football clubs where local communities hold great importance for them and thrive of the clubs in a positive way.

Well done for trying to widen my point onto a bigger scale. I meant 'In This Case' specifically.. as in the first round of Premiere League games since lockdown started, that will be shown around the world.

I just think it would have been a great time to advertise the appreciation we all have for the NHS thats all! 

Not a big fan of violence and total disregard for the NHS by way of lack of social distancing being given the same amount of exposure.

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

You did miss it trust me. I don't see the point in having a discussion on it. You never get the point people are trying to make if you don't wanna hear it

I didnt miss your point, I just didn't agree with it ffs lol

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I didnt miss your point, I just didn't agree with it ffs lol

You did miss it. Most people are already very grateful to the NHS. Black lives matter is very important right now. Racism has been going on for thousands of years it needs to be stopped.

13 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

You did miss it. Most people are already very grateful to the NHS. Black lives matter is very important right now. Racism has been going on for thousands of years it needs to be stopped.

I've never not once disagreed with that!?

Look, I don't know how else I can say this to try and make you understand?....but here goes...

I totally agree with the BLM protests and what it stands for!

I don't agree with how many aspects of these protests have been conducted!

I certainly don't agree with the total stupidy involved regarding lack of social distancing, putting the lives of EVERYONE in danger. 

I certainly don't agree with the NHS potentially being put back under insurmountable amounts of pressure whilst risking their own lives.

I absolutely do agree that BLM is important and should be protested in a safe and peaceful manner. 

I do agree that BLM should be given sufficient airtime to raise awareness.

I don't agree that BLM should be given priority over the NHS at this specific time (in front of the whole world on the reopening of the Premiere League). I think the NHS should absolutely be the priority as a massive thank you for all the work they have done whilst risking their own lives!!!

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Well done for trying to widen my point onto a bigger scale. I meant 'In This Case' specifically.. as in the first round of Premiere League games since lockdown started, that will be shown around the world.

I just think it would have been a great time to advertise the appreciation we all have for the NHS thats all! 

Not a big fan of violence and total disregard for the NHS by way of lack of social distancing being given the same amount of exposure.

They already are showing their appreciation, in a financial and material sense, through the Players Together initiative, which your own captain was fronting:

"Over the course of the last week we, as a group of Premier League players, have held numerous talks together with the vision of creating a contribution fund that can be used to distribute money to where it's needed most in this COVID-19 crisis; helping those fighting for us on the NHS frontline as well as other key areas of need.

"This is a critical time for our country and for our NHS, and we are determined to help in any way that we can.

"We can confirm that after extensive conversations between a huge number of players from all Premier League clubs we have created our own collective player initiative, #PlayersTogether, and have partnered with NHS Charities Together (NHSCT) in order to assist them in generating and distributing funds quickly and efficiently to where they are needed most."

This is an ongoing thing. Just because one round of fixtures shows some support for BLM you think that NHS is taking a backseat? I disagree. NHS took a front seat right at the start of the pandemic and has continued to do so even more with this initiative at the start of April. 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

I've never not once disagreed with that!?

Look, I don't know how else I can say this to try and make you understand?....but here goes...

I totally agree with the BLM protests and what it stands for!

I don't agree with how many aspects of these protests have been conducted!

I certainly don't agree with the total stupidy involved regarding lack of social distancing, putting the lives of EVERYONE in danger. 

I certainly don't agree with the NHS potentially being put back under insurmountable amounts of pressure whilst risking their own lives.

I absolutely do agree that BLM is important and should be protested in a safe and peaceful manner. 

I do agree that BLM should be given sufficient airtime to raise awareness.

I don't agree that BLM should be given priority over the NHS at this specific time (in front of the whole world on the reopening of the Premiere League). I think the NHS should absolutely be the priority as a massive thank you for all the work they have done whilst risking their own lives!!!

Fair enough. But in my opinion most people are already grateful to the NHS. We don't need to raise awareness of that we clapped for 11 weeks people are clearly grateful. BLM is something that we need to get awareness out there right now.

12 minutes ago, Stan said:

They already are showing their appreciation, in a financial and material sense, through the Players Together initiative, which your own captain was fronting:

Stan hahaha For fuck sake listen man...

I'm not talking about the players specifically... i know they have contributed massively to the NHS and have shown their support individually and collectively!!!!!! I understand that!!!!

My whole point is that IMO the reopening of the Premiere League is a fantastic opportunity for EVERYONE to thank the NHS by advertising it on the back of Premiere League players shirts due it being shown all over the world, instead of BLM in this case, especially with how the BLM protests have been conducted.

Nothing at all to with the players showing their appreciation to the NHS specifically mate, more of advertising our thank you globally on a massive scale.

14 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Fair enough. But in my opinion most people are already grateful to the NHS. We don't need to raise awareness of that we clapped for 11 weeks people are clearly grateful. BLM is something that we need to get awareness out there right now.

There will be plenty of opportunities for BLM to be put on players shirts over the next coming days/weeks and I agree it needs doing!

I just think the ACTUAL reopening of the Premier League, where the world will be watching, was a great opportunity to really thank the NHS... thats all.

6 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

There will be plenty of opportunities for BLM to be put on players shirts over the next coming days/weeks and I agree it needs doing!

I just think the ACTUAL reopening of the Premier League, where the world will be watching, was a great opportunity to really thank the NHS... thats all.

I can understand why BLM is taking the front seat for the re-opening of the league, tbh. Black people make up a much higher part of the football player population than they do of the UK's population, meanwhile there's systemic issues the general BAME UK population has to deal with. Considering that a large group players who provide us with entertainment on the regular basis are black people living in the UK, I can appreciate the football community coming together to show solidarity with this movement that is trying to highlight and bring change to.

And it's only for one week that the player names will just read "Black Lives Matter" - after that, I think both BLM & the NHS are going to have badges on the kits (which I wonder how it'll look... tbh feels like they're using the coronavirus as an excuse to test out adding more sponsors to shirts in the league - a bit like how Barca tested out Unicef to see how fans would react to a sponsor on the shirts).

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I can understand why BLM is taking the front seat for the re-opening of the league, tbh. Black people make up a much higher part of the football player population than they do of the UK's population, meanwhile there's systemic issues the general BAME UK population has to deal with. Considering that a large group players who provide us with entertainment on the regular basis are black people living in the UK, I can appreciate the football community coming together to show solidarity with this movement that is trying to highlight and bring change to.

And it's only for one week that the player names will just read "Black Lives Matter" - after that, I think both BLM & the NHS are going to have badges on the kits (which I wonder how it'll look... tbh feels like they're using the coronavirus as an excuse to test out adding more sponsors to shirts in the league - a bit like how Barca tested out Unicef to see how fans would react to a sponsor on the shirts).

yeah, as I said, I've absolutely no issue whatsoever with BLM being shown on the back of players shirts. My point was (and not put across very well i admit), is that i just think the NHS should have taken the front seat in the opening games that's all.

I can totally understand why people might see it differently though. 

Archived