talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus & The Premier League

I have seen the arguement of it's not fair if one team has fans at their home games and another doesn't etc but to be totally frank, it shouldn't take 2k of fans to really motivate a home side anymore than normal. It's not that pivotal a difference IMO.

If it was 10k then maybe, but 2k is hardly intimidating.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I have seen the arguement of it's not fair if one team has fans at their home games and another doesn't etc but to be totally frank, it shouldn't take 2k of fans to really motivate a home side anymore than normal. It's not that pivotal a difference IMO.

If it was 10k then maybe, but 2k is hardly intimidating.

Yeah but what about last season? For example - We had to play a NLD with no fans. Arsenal had home fans for the reverse fixture. If it was allowed then should be allowed now 

7 minutes ago, Storts said:

Yeah but what about last season? For example - We had to play a NLD with no fans. Arsenal had home fans for the reverse fixture. If it was allowed then should be allowed now 

As I alluded to but should have made clearer in my choice of words, I don't think it's an issue. Just saying I have seen the arguement about it and think it's just clutching at straws for some.

In your case, it's just luck of the draw and IMO hardly worth crying over given the numbers that will be allowed anyway. It shouldn't make that much of a difference to those bothered by it.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

As I alluded to but should have made clearer in my choice of words, I don't think it's an issue. Just saying I have seen the arguement about it and think it's just clutching at straws for some.

In your case, it's just luck of the draw and IMO hardly worth crying over given the numbers that will be allowed anyway. It shouldn't make that much of a difference to those bothered by it.

I’m talking about last season / it’s likely to be the same at some point this season when fans are allowed in for some fixtures when they weren’t for the reverse.

It definitely does make a difference and at some point it’s not a level playing field  

52 minutes ago, Storts said:

I’m talking about last season / it’s likely to be the same at some point this season when fans are allowed in for some fixtures when they weren’t for the reverse.

It definitely does make a difference and at some point it’s not a level playing field  

Oh ok I get you.

But that's just the way it goes unfortunately. You can't odds that situation happening unless you simply say, just don't have the fans attend full stop for the entire season in the interest of fairness. Again, that wouldn't bother me although i think we have to try our best to get back to some normality if we can irrespective of however minor an advantage it may be to some.

I really don't think 2000 home fans is enough of a difference to constitute getting funny about. If you are talking grounds becoming a third full, whilst others are shut down or not even near that, then I'd agree it's different but that is hypothetical, we are talking about the current situation, here and now.

I'm gutted we can't have fans at the ground after all these years but I don't think 2k is really a substantial amount to kick off about. Not for me anyway.

I think with all the medical facts coming out lately, it won't be long before all fans are allowed back into stadiums.

Just reading this morning that one of the leading medical experts in this country has said this whole covid thing has been one of the biggest public fraud pandemics of all time. 

He said the chances of anyone dying below the age of 63 with no underlying health problems is around 1 in over 300k. Thats bigger odds than anyone over 63 with no underlying health problems dying of common flu. You have more chance of winning the Euro lottery twice in your lifetime than dying from Covid 19. I know people personally that have Covid 19 down as their cause of death. It doesn't state on their death certificate though that they smoked over 20 fags a day, drank alcohol daily and ate shit food as much as good food. Ive also had people I know that died from heart attacks when in the prime of their lives, never smoked, hardly drank alcohol, and stuck to a healthy diet. Half my family live in Liverpool (one of the worst hit counties in the country) and have been in lockdown for weeks before this latest national lockdown. Now apparently they are allowed into Anfield whilst other club fans aren't? 

He said the tests being done are not accurate, in that you can test positive for Covid 19 whilst having a common cold. 

Im no expert obviously but it has to be said ... there is a load of bollocks being spread around somewhere. Its funny how we can all be in lockdown... but not for Xmas. We can all go to the pub.. but not after 10pm. We can all go to the pub.. but only if we have a meal. We can all meet in groups, but no more than 6. We can't meet up in groups of 6 in houses.. but we can meet up in groups of 4. ... Not 100% accurate guidelines but you get my drift?

They have a vaccine they say, it will be available before Xmas they say... funny that, every other vaccine in history has took decades to provide safely. This one has been found, developed, approved and distributed within 7 months? 

Its all a load of bollocks basically. More and more people are realising its a load of bollocks daily and guess what.. no more people are dying. If you go to the shop right now without a mask.. you have no more chance of catching or spreading covid than someone going to the same shop with a mask on.. proven fact! Wearing a mask constantly though could halm your long term health. 

Its a load of shite.

41 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I think with all the medical facts coming out lately, it won't be long before all fans are allowed back into stadiums.

Just reading this morning that one of the leading medical experts in this country has said this whole covid thing has been one of the biggest public fraud pandemics of all time. 

He said the chances of anyone dying below the age of 63 with no underlying health problems is around 1 in over 300k. Thats bigger odds than anyone over 63 with no underlying health problems dying of common flu. You have more chance of winning the Euro lottery twice in your lifetime than dying from Covid 19. I know people personally that have Covid 19 down as their cause of death. It doesn't state on their death certificate though that they smoked over 20 fags a day, drank alcohol daily and ate shit food as much as good food. Ive also had people I know that died from heart attacks when in the prime of their lives, never smoked, hardly drank alcohol, and stuck to a healthy diet. Half my family live in Liverpool (one of the worst hit counties in the country) and have been in lockdown for weeks before this latest national lockdown. Now apparently they are allowed into Anfield whilst other club fans aren't? 

He said the tests being done are not accurate, in that you can test positive for Covid 19 whilst having a common cold. 

Im no expert obviously but it has to be said ... there is a load of bollocks being spread around somewhere. Its funny how we can all be in lockdown... but not for Xmas. We can all go to the pub.. but not after 10pm. We can all go to the pub.. but only if we have a meal. We can all meet in groups, but no more than 6. We can't meet up in groups of 6 in houses.. but we can meet up in groups of 4. ... Not 100% accurate guidelines but you get my drift?

They have a vaccine they say, it will be available before Xmas they say... funny that, every other vaccine in history has took decades to provide safely. This one has been found, developed, approved and distributed within 7 months? 

Its all a load of bollocks basically. More and more people are realising its a load of bollocks daily and guess what.. no more people are dying. If you go to the shop right now without a mask.. you have no more chance of catching or spreading covid than someone going to the same shop with a mask on.. proven fact! Wearing a mask constantly though could halm your long term health. 

Its a load of shite.

You're an idiot

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Its a load of shite.

Did they say it'd be here before Xmas? The reason it's rushed through is because nearly everything else has been stopped. So much science and research has been piled in to getting this vaccine out which is why it's been fast-tracked through. The only doubt there is is how much immunity it can give and how long a vaccine can last. 

Also, 'no more people are dying'. Huh? Not sure what is meant by this. 

How is it a fact that you have more chance of catching/spreading it not wearing a mask than wearing one? Is that proven? We're not being asked to wear a mask constantly, are we? You're not asked to wear it at home? No-one is out 24/7, even if you're working mega hours. 

The limits on people you meet, I presume, are to limit the people you come in to contact with and potentially stop spreading the virus to...

Who's the medical expert you're quoting?

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Did they say it'd be here before Xmas? The reason it's rushed through is because nearly everything else has been stopped. So much science and research has been piled in to getting this vaccine out which is why it's been fast-tracked through. The only doubt there is is how much immunity it can give and how long a vaccine can last. 

Also, 'no more people are dying'. Huh? Not sure what is meant by this. 

How is it a fact that you have more chance of catching/spreading it not wearing a mask than wearing one? Is that proven? We're not being asked to wear a mask constantly, are we? You're not asked to wear it at home? No-one is out 24/7, even if you're working mega hours. 

The limits on people you meet, I presume, are to limit the people you come in to contact with and potentially stop spreading the virus to...

Who's the medical expert you're quoting?

Does it matter who the supposed expert is. For every one that says this kind of stuff there are 100s who disagree. Experts have been very honest that it is unlikely to kill someone young in  good health. It's about protecting vulnerable people. A few months ago he was saying how bad it was that black lives matter were protesting now he is saying it is all some scam when it suits liverpool.  There is some debate on the effectiveness of masks but by  no means is it proven they dont do anything. 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Does it matter who the supposed expert is. For every one that says this kind of stuff there are 100s who disagree. Experts have been very honest that it is unlikely to kill someone young in  good health. It's about protecting vulnerable people. A few months ago he was saying how bad it was that black lives matter were protesting now he is saying it is all some scam when it suits liverpool.  There is some debate on the effectiveness of masks but by  no means is it proven they dont do anything. 

I'm just curious as to who has said it. 

Just now, Stan said:

I just googled it then and can't find anything.

A lot of the stuff he said has been debunked anyway. Your death certificate says the underlying cause. So if you are unhealthy and catch covid and die it is still covid that kills you. Someone explained it simply. If you have brittle bone disorder and I punch you in the head and kill you I'm still arrested for murder.

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Excuse me? I never once said it was bad to protest that black lives matter? Don't make things up please.

Ive also not said covid is a scam, and I certainly haven't said it because of anything that might suit Liverpool? 

You say I'm an idiot but the truth is, I just have a different view on this pandemic than you. If that makes me an idiot then fine.

Maybe what does actually make me an idiot is that I still follow all the government guidelines, guidelines that I will openly admit I dont believe in. 

So thanks and fuck off.

58 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Who? The fact you've been so vague is already a pretty strong indicator of the calibre of this individual

He said the chances of anyone dying below the age of 63 with no underlying health problems is around 1 in over 300k.

Do you know how many people are above the age of 63 OR have underlying health problems? Are you willing to write them all off? What's an underlying health problem? At the beginning of all this it was reported that one of the most problematic was diabetes. That's about 5m in the UK. Asthma's another one, for another 5m. Then it starts coming out that you're in trouble if you're overweight. That's 63% of adults in the UK. Fuck em all, right?

Thats bigger odds than anyone over 63 with no underlying health problems dying of common flu. You have more chance of winning the Euro lottery twice in your lifetime than dying from Covid 19.

Bollocks

I know people personally that have Covid 19 down as their cause of death. It doesn't state on their death certificate though that they smoked over 20 fags a day, drank alcohol daily and ate shit food as much as good food.

Death certificates never disclose the lifestyle habits of the deceased. What's your point? Do you consider those vices punishable by death?

Ive also had people I know that died from heart attacks when in the prime of their lives, never smoked, hardly drank alcohol, and stuck to a healthy diet.

Sounds like an underlying health condition to me mate. We don't care about them remember?

Half my family live in Liverpool (one of the worst hit counties in the country) and have been in lockdown for weeks before this latest national lockdown. Now apparently they are allowed into Anfield whilst other club fans aren't? 

Liverpool also had the mass testing trial so they'll have a much better handle of the coronavirus situation than anywhere else, and there's far less likely to be undetected community transmission

There are false positives (as there are with every test), so yes I suppose hypothetically you could

It's about balancing risk and the economy. Opening pubs but closes them early allows the industry to get some money in without people getting hammered long into the night and start ignoring restrictions. Having a meal means sitting down at a table with your group and limited mixing. I can't really be bothered to keep going through restrictions and explaining them because by this point you either get it or you don't, but do you really think the ministers who set them what... don't realise you can spread corona before 10pm? Are in on the hoax but think people won't notice the inconsitencies in the rules? What's the argument here?

The Christmas relaxation I don't really agree with, but you have to recognise people will get together over Christmas, so you can either set draconian rules people will completely ignore, or slightly relax them to a more reasonable level in the hope that people will be satisfied with what they are allowed to do and not go crazy.

Every other vaccine has been held up by red tape, waiting for funding to be granted, scientists switching focus to something else, etc. etc. etc. That's the majority of the time accounted for there. Obviously in a once-a-century pandemic, none of those things are happening

Again, what is even your point here? You're throwing out a lot of "food for thought" but never actually giving your view other than that you don't believe... something. What do you think is going on?

Its all a load of bollocks basically. More and more people are realising its a load of bollocks daily and guess what.. no more people are dying.

2,800 died of covid last week and 2,200 the week before that, so this is a bit of a weird thing to say

If you go to the shop right now without a mask.. you have no more chance of catching or spreading covid than someone going to the same shop with a mask on.. proven fact!

I assume you're referring to the "danmask 19" study? The one which actually did show a lower rate of infection among people that wore masks, but not enough to be considered statistically significant. We've all known since march that publically available masks do little to protect the wearer from coronavirus, but what they do do is stop the wearer passing it on (proven fact, which the aforementioned study didn't even attempt to measure).

Wearing a mask constantly though could halm your long term health. 

Really going to need a citation for this one buddy

Its a load of shite.

My thoughts exactly.

Look mate I don't want to get personal, but this is the longest post I've ever seen from you, so you clearly feel quite strongly, and yet it's filled with absolute nonsense which doesn't stand up to 5 seconds scrutiny. If polls are to be believed (lol), the majority don't share your view, but if you look around you'll easily see enough that do (or don't, but just don't care) and that's a big part of the reason we're still in this mess, both because they're directly spreading it themselves, and because they're giving others (members of the public as well as the lawmakers) a silver-plattered excuse to let their own standards slip. We're coming out of lockdown again now and it's possible that this is the last one if we keep getting good news on the vaccine, but if people don't take this virus seriously, we're in danger of going into lockdown 3, and I promise you absolutely no one wants that.

• Subscriber

It's been almost a year now. This shouldn't still need explaining. 

People in most age groups are not at high risk from dying from Covid but they do all spread it, and the more people catch it, the more chance they spread it to older and more vulnerable people who then are at risk of dying from it.

If you want to be one of those people who says to the Covid stats every day "did they die OF Covid or did they just die WITH Covid" and make out that those people were going to die anyway, then fine. But if that's what you've been convinced of then you have to come up with another explanation of why 60-70,000 more people have died over the past 12 months than the average rate for the last 5 years or 10 years or whichever measure you want to take. It's not a coincidence that this number has spiked alongside the registered number of Covid deaths being in the region of 55,000.

A person might be called a leading scientist but if 100 scientists say one thing and then 5 other scientists get rolled out and say something else which is more what you want to believe, it's usually worth pausing and asking yourself why they're in the minority.

@LFCMadLad well first of all I shouldn't have called you an idiot so sorry for that.

You said when the BLM were protesting during the pandemic that they shouldn't be doing it. 

The stuff you have said goes against what experts have said. I'm basing my opinion on what experts are saying. Which is a sensible thing to do 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Stan said:

6 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Who? The fact you've been so vague is already a pretty strong indicator of the calibre of this individual

@Gunnersauraus this was pretty much what I was getting at when I asked who :) 

@Burning Gold @RandoEFC a lot of people who don't take covid seriously say the same thing. Things which can be debunked easily and there are websites that do it. It is a serious issue though that people simply assume they have all the facts and dont check it. There are some questions that I have but I don't assume i have all the answers.  My friend said a while back about false positives. Did a bit of research and found out all tests have false positives sometimes. This is the problem, some people dont seem aware of their own ignorance on subjects. If people stopped thinking they knew more than experts the pandemic wouldn't be so bad 

15 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Fucking hell mate. Have you actually done ANY research into how they’ve been able to get this that this quickly? Literally any? Like how they’ve been working on a vaccine for ‘disease x’ since the Ebola outbreak of 2014? Have you heard of ChAdOx1? We’ve been extremely lucky that this has been a coronavirus similar to SARS and MERS. A huge stroke of luck has been this ability to genetically modify the antigens we want within the specific coronavirus. 

Genuinely though, I’m just sick and fucking tired of people that have absolutely zero fucking idea about medicine, medical training or just a general interest comment on a subject they’ve done zero research into. It just helps spread misinformation and fear. I’ve even had this conversation with my wife. It’s getting to be a ball ache. 

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@LFCMadLad well first of all I shouldn't have called you an idiot so sorry for that.

You said when the BLM were protesting during the pandemic that they shouldn't be doing it. 

The stuff you have said goes against what experts have said. I'm basing my opinion on what experts are saying. Which is a sensible thing to do 

I said that when people were protesting BLM they shouldn't be smashing shops up, attacking policemen and vandalising anything in site... I stand by that so shoot me.

Look, i don't want a massive debate on this, or ruffle anyones feathers. I've actually said that I've stuck to government guidelines rigidly because I do believe the virus is very dangerous to certain people. I just feel there's something a bit 'off' that's all? Statistics show there are other viruses that kill more people than covid even with a vaccine available such as flu etc yet nothing happens. All of a sudden a virus comes out of nowhere and the world comes to a halt? Nah, something doesn't sit right with me im sorry. 

Why lock everyone down? Why lock down the people who are hardly vulnerable at all? Why not just put really strict restrictions in place for the most vulnerable to protect them? 

That seems harsh on the most vulnerable I know but why restrict everyone? From a personal point of view.. why can't my 1 year old grandson and 2 year old granddaughter play with their next door but 1's children? 

Restricting absolute everyone is doing just as much harm than good. Suicides and mental health statistics prove it for a start. But hey, fuck mental health, fuck young people's education, fuck peoples livelihoods, fuck peoples careers, fuck peoples social lives.. fuck everyone... except those that are at massive risk of death from covid19. 

12 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Fucking hell mate. Have you actually don’t ANY research into how they’ve been able to get this that this quickly? Literally any? Like how they’ve been working on a vaccine for ‘disease x’ since the Ebola outbreak of 2014? Have you heard of ChAdOx1? We’ve been extremely lucky that this has been a coronavirus similar to SARS and MERS. A huge stroke of luck has been this ability to genetically modify the antigens we want within the specific coronavirus. 

Genuinely though, I’m just sick and fucking tired of people that have absolutely zero fucking idea about medicine, medical training or just a general interest comment on a subject they’ve done zero research into. It just helps spread misinformation and fear. I’ve even had this conversation with my wife. It’s getting to be a ball ache. 

Well you must be right then because you've read it on Google. 

Fuck me, its not like I'm ignoring government guidelines ffs. Im just genuinely concerned that restricting people that are at very little risk is counter productive. 

Shoot me for not going with the flow fukkinell. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Fuck me, its not like I'm ignoring government guidelines ffs. Im just genuinely concerned that restricting people that are at very little risk is counter productive. 

Shoot me for not going with the flow fukkinell. 

Well done and that's good you're sticking to the guidelines. But that still doesn't have to pave the way for all the cynicism and rejection of them being implemented in the first place. In my humble opinion anyway. 

5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Well you must be right then because you've read it on Google. 

This doesn't really stack up though when you've claimed an expert has said something and not let us know who this supposed expert is :what:

Archived