talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus & The Premier League

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah circuit breaker will have zero impact, if the two weeks is just to hope they all get better then they’re dreaming. They’re testing positive cos every fucker is at the moment, unless it’s two weeks to stick them into some sort of Premier League training and sleeping bubble which is completely impractical then it won’t help no one

18 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

They won’t do a circuit breaker. It makes no sense. If they put in a two week circuit breaker, players will train for something like 10 days out of the 14, so will still be mixing and being at risk, it’s just not worth it. 

Pause it indefinitely then. Like they did in Summer.

Every other business tackled the pandemic with either a reduced capacity workforce or working from home or a mix of both. The Premier League insisted on neither. Why oh why did we not either go down to 5-a-side or playing all games on FIFA? It can only be because that threatens the hegemony of the you know who's. :ph34r:

• Administrator

If true, this should be ban-worthy.

https://global247news.com/2020/12/31/kyle-walkers-christmas-party-in-london-causes-premier-league-covid-infections/amp/

Football fans across the world are furious at reports that Manchester City’s star defender has brought about the spreading of Coronavirus throughout the Premier League.

It’s being reported that Walker held a Christmas party in London despite the region being in Tier 4.

Attended by several star premiership players the party has caused many New Year matches to be canceled as well as causing at least 11 infections through the Manchester City squad.

Premier League fans have been left very disappointed at the cancellations as the majority in the UK are now advised to say at home due to lockdown regulations.

To say they are least pleased with Kyle Walker is an understatement with many calling for a full FA and Premier league investigation into the reports.

The news was broken from Spain by football correspondent Adam Brown who presents warts and all football show known as ‘ football with brownie’

Brown himself calling for the star to be dropped from international football if an investigation rules the behavior of Walker proves to be founded.

It’s understood that England’s football authorities are set to investigate in the New Year, whilst Manchester City themselves are attempting to keep a lid on matters, although Everton’s board of directors have also lodged a complaint.

• Subscriber

It's almost impossible to stop outbreaks happening at all given that every staff member and player has family at home, could have children going to school or spouses who work in shops, schools, hospitals, public transport who could bring the virus into the football club's bubble. If this is what has happened to Man City or Fulham then they should be treated sympathetically but if the outbreak can be traced back to irresponsible behaviour by employees of Manchester City or Fulham then they have no business asking for a rearranged fixture. Either turn up with the players available or forfeit the fixture.

City having this rearranged gives them a better chance in their upcoming fixtures as they are more well rested than their opponents and also gives them a better chance against us later in the season if they get to face us with a fully fit team at their disposal.

We'll wait and see what comes out. But if the allegation in the article is true then it's not a million miles away from me getting smashed the night before an interview, having it rearranged to a week later because I'm too hungover and then being given the job ahead of the people who actually turned up on the day.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

City having this rearranged gives them a better chance in their upcoming fixtures as they are more well rested than their opponents and also gives them a better chance against us later in the season if they get to face us with a fully fit team at their disposal.

It may also lead to clogging of the fixture list as well though. Endless weeks of 2-3 games in each does and can take its toll on the squad, even one as big as Man City's.

7 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Pause it indefinitely then. Like they did in Summer.

It’s going to be cancelled again below the Championship, that’s inevitable with the cases at those levels. Non-League will go first, there’s no way that’s finishing. It’s essentially going to be a rule-run of last season with another extended season and most likely the Euros being moved/cancelled. 

23 hours ago, Danny said:

Yeah circuit breaker will have zero impact, if the two weeks is just to hope they all get better then they’re dreaming. They’re testing positive cos every fucker is at the moment, unless it’s two weeks to stick them into some sort of Premier League training and sleeping bubble which is completely impractical then it won’t help no one

Are they all testing positive because everyone is at the moment, or are they passing it to each other because cases aren't being picked up fast enough and they're constantly in close contact? A two week circuit breaker should answer that question if nothing else and put a quick stop to the chain of transmission if it is the latter

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Walker in the spring, Foden in summer, and now Walker again. No one should be surprised that Manchester City players don't consider the consequences of their actions and don't value lives beyond their own

I bet Guardiola is fuming with him though - didn't Guardiola's mum suffer with COVID and he couldn't go see her in the first lockdown?

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

So fuming that he’s covered for him? If Manchester City knew about this then it’s beyond the pale and tantamount to cheating.

I've not seen Guardiola make any comment so I don't know if he's covered for him or not. 

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

I bet Guardiola is fuming with him though - didn't Guardiola's mum suffer with COVID and he couldn't go see her in the first lockdown?

I do remember something like that, but he doesn't have a leg to stand on. If you're managing a club like Manchester City, don't be surprised when your players act like exactly the kind of person who'd willingly play for you

47 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

So fuming that he’s covered for him? If Manchester City knew about this then it’s beyond the pale and tantamount to cheating.

It's worse. Asking for the Everton game to be called off is cheating. The party, to say nothing of the fact it was illegal, risks the continuity of the football calendar, which supports countless jobs and business, as well as the health and careers of every one of his team mates and probably opponents.

That might all sound extreme, and I seem to be more concerned about this than most, but Newcastle still have two players suffering the after effects of covid, Paul Pogba has recently said he wasn't right for months after his infection, and I have no doubt there will be more players still struggling and not publically but known within the game. If you want to say that these young, ultra-fit men are less susceptible to serious cases, fine, but it won't take a case anywhere near as serious to affect their daily lives as it would for you and I.

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

It's worse. Asking for the Everton game to be called off is cheating. The party, to say nothing of the fact it was illegal, risks the continuity of the football calendar, which supports countless jobs and business, as well as the health and careers of every one of his team mates and probably opponents.

That might all sound extreme, and I seem to be more concerned about this than most, but Newcastle still have two players suffering the after effects of covid, Paul Pogba has recently said he wasn't right for months after his infection, and I have no doubt there will be more players still struggling and not publically but known within the game. If you want to say that these young, ultra-fit men are less susceptible to serious cases, fine, but it won't take a case anywhere near as serious to affect their daily lives as it would for you and I.

Maybe this is why they didn't tell Everton before making the decision with Premier League! 

On 31/12/2020 at 12:19, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

Every other business tackled the pandemic with either a reduced capacity workforce or working from home or a mix of both. The Premier League insisted on neither. Why oh why did we not either go down to 5-a-side or playing all games on FIFA? It can only be because that threatens the hegemony of the you know who's. :ph34r:

FIFA 98 Road to Covid

Any player who attended that party should be given a £1m fine and banned for 6 months. That is a piss take of the highest order and it’s no surprise that cunt of a human Kyle Walker is behind it. 

Archived