talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus & The Premier League

7 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

yeah, as I said, I've absolutely no issue whatsoever with BLM being shown on the back of players shirts. My point was (and not put across very well i admit), is that i just think the NHS should have taken the front seat in the opening games that's all.

I can totally understand why people might see it differently though. 

I think the NHS logo is going to be on the front in the middle of the shirts. It's not going to missed or difficult for people to see as you said earlier

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I think the NHS logo is going to be on the front in the middle of the shirts. It's not going to missed or difficult for people to see as you said earlier

Maybe not totally invisible Mike, but as people have said, BLM is definitely the front runner.

Anyway, let's move on. 

People on Facebook saying they are not going to watch it because of  black lives matter on the shirt. Britain doesn't have a racism issue though :whistling:

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Seems fair 🥱

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not.

That NHS logo stays on for the duration of the season. Black Lives Matter stays on for only 12 games.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not.

That NHS logo stays on for the duration of the season. Black Lives Matter stays on for only 12 games.

Not being sarcastic mate. It does genuinely seem fair. I would have personally preferred NHS on the backs tonight for instance but overall I think both are worthy causes and its ended all good. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Has anyone mentioned that playing at empty grounds gives City an unfair advantage?

But but city have the attendance record out of wembley 

On 17/06/2020 at 22:04, LFCMadLad said:

Not being sarcastic mate. It does genuinely seem fair. I would have personally preferred NHS on the backs tonight for instance but overall I think both are worthy causes and its ended all good. 

I don't wanna start start the conversation up again mate I just wanna say that it COULD (I empathize could) be argued that by making the NHS logo the priority it sends the wrong message that it is not important. As it is I think the logo could be creating more divide. Glad to know you aren't one of those idiots boycotting the games because of it though

3 hours ago, CityTheBest said:

If that's the case then playing with fans gives Liverpool an unfair advantage and most of the season was played with fans so their league title shoudn't count.

You would actually kill yourself if it meant Liverpool didn't win the league wouldnt you? :D

You are worse than Liam and Noel xD

Our first game back today. Almost 3 months after a bid for the club was accepted we are coming back to empty seats covered by free sports direct advertising and fans having not received refunds for season tickets. Seen someone jokingly try and sell their ticket for the game.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I’m worried the Americanisation of the UK will mean these drink breaks will be here to stay as broadcasters can use it to throw more ads in. That’s what Liga MX does with drink breaks.

I love how each culture seems to blame each other....

1 hour ago, ScoRoss said:

I love how each culture seems to blame each other....

They can blame us for ads on the shirts, but we can blame them for TV ads taking over I’m fairly certain. I’m actually pretty certain that’s why football isn’t bigger there, because it’s not easily broken up to sell ad space.

Guess we can’t blame the US though. As their father country, they learned about heartless capitalism from us.

Going to be unpopular here but I’m actually enjoying the return of Football and the amount of games there are on each day.

I know the whole “football without fans is nuffink” brigade would have me strung up but it’s actually football fans that I don’t particularly care for. 

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Glad those water-breaks are stopping. Broke up the game so much even if conditions were fine.

Seemed a bit pointless to me... It's not as though it's baking hot and certainly not in the evening kick off's

Archived