• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Other Matches - Saturday 7th March, 2020

Recommended Posts

all kick-offs 15.00 unless stated

Saturday 7th March, 2020
Arsenal vs West Ham
Crystal Palace vs Watford
Sheff Utd vs Norwich
Southampton vs Newcastle
Wolves vs Brighton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel more confident we can get the points we need after Tuesday night.

Saint-Maximim and Lazaro on the wings with Almiron as number 10 looks potentially promising as an attack. Almiron was also very good against Burnley as number 10 last week but we had Joelinton and Ritchie on the wings then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done all today. Red card gave us the opportunity to win and with a bit of patience we got there in the end. Could have been 2 or 3 up at half time. Refreshing to actually control a game and have possession, even if the opponent needs 10 men for that to happen :4_joy:

I'd like to thank @Stan and @Dan because I think Southampton have red card PTSD from the 9-0. They parked the bus straight after the red.

Survival almost done. Role on another year of constipated football :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Well done all today. Red card gave us the opportunity to win and with a bit of patience we got there in the end. Could have been 2 or 3 up at half time. Refreshing to actually control a game and have possession, even if the opponent needs 10 men for that to happen :4_joy:

I'd like to thank @Stan and @Dan because I think Southampton have red card PTSD from the 9-0. They parked the bus straight after the red.

Survival almost done. Role on another year of constipated football :ph34r:

I watched the highlights of the West Brom game the other night and thought you looked lively and spirited, slight hint of handball/arm for the third goal but who cares right?? :ph34r: St Maximins put in a decent shift I thought but then it was only the highlights, he could have been wank for 70 minutes for all I know... xD

Certainly don't look like a side that's down and out so think you will survive... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I watched the highlights of the West Brom game the other night and thought you looked lively and spirited, slight hint of handball/arm for the third goal but who cares right?? :ph34r: St Maximins put in a decent shift I thought but then it was only the highlights, he could have been wank for 70 minutes for all I know... xD

Certainly don't look like a side that's down and out so think you will survive... 

West Brom B team and Southampton with 10 men. It's what we needed to build confidence. Changed to 442 and at least mount a few more attacks now. Hopefully we can grow with it.

However at 11v11 today we couldn't get up the pitch and stay up the pitch. That's the story of the season really. Joelinton was a terrible buy for the price and a suspicious possibly corrupt deal involving agents. We need to bring someone in similar to Rondon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Harvsky said:

West Brom B team and Southampton with 10 men. It's what we needed to build confidence. Changed to 442 and at least mount a few more attacks now. Hopefully we can grow with it.

However at 11v11 today we couldn't get up the pitch and stay up the pitch. That's the story of the season really. Joelinton was a terrible buy for the price and a suspicious possibly corrupt deal involving agents. We need to bring someone in similar to Rondon.

Possible Corruption you say??? That's a ban from Europe straight away.... going on current form your ban will commence sometime around 2029

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Won 3 of the 4 crucial games. That's us beyond safe now. 

The most satisfying thing was seeing Etienne Capoue storm down the tunnel at full time. Every fixture against Crystal Palace hes put in intentional late tackles on Wilfried Zaha. Usually aiming for his ankles. I dont know how hes allowed to keep getting away with it as referees must be briefed on it. If this is the last time Wilfried Zaha plays against Watford in a Palace shirt, that was a bitter sweet way to end this chapter that started when he tore them a new one at Wembley to get us promoted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Harvsky said:

Well done all today. Red card gave us the opportunity to win and with a bit of patience we got there in the end. Could have been 2 or 3 up at half time. Refreshing to actually control a game and have possession, even if the opponent needs 10 men for that to happen :4_joy:

I'd like to thank @Stan and @Dan because I think Southampton have red card PTSD from the 9-0. They parked the bus straight after the red.

Survival almost done. Role on another year of constipated football :ph34r:

Pleasure. 9-0 or 1-0 it's 3 points! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really quite underwhelmed by Perez and yet I find myself really quite warming to the idea of buying Saint-Maximin xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're still astonishingly bad, how West Ham didn't score that game is a mystery. Barely created anything and our goal was a pure fluke. Worried about midweek versus City, if we play similarly we're getting tonked. 

Not sure what to make of Arteta so far, I do believe he has something in him and we have had a decent run since the new year, but I feel he is siding too much with the same bums that have let us down for years. We're in dire need of a clear out still, this squad is just so horrifically built and it needs major surgery. I just hope he won't stand in the way of letting certain players go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Claims we compromised his safety by posting a video of him drinking a Red Bull can but in his Twitter bio states hes the Watford mascot 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see the monitor being used in that Saints Newcastle game. Need more of that. Still begs the question how a stamp like that is given red but the Lo Celso one and perhaps other incidents earlier in the season aren't red cards even after being checked by VAR. 

26 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

We're still astonishingly bad, how West Ham didn't score that game is a mystery. Barely created anything and our goal was a pure fluke. Worried about midweek versus City, if we play similarly we're getting tonked. 

Not sure what to make of Arteta so far, I do believe he has something in him and we have had a decent run since the new year, but I feel he is siding too much with the same bums that have let us down for years. We're in dire need of a clear out still, this squad is just so horrifically built and it needs major surgery. I just hope he won't stand in the way of letting certain players go. 

How did Antonio not score xD

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

Claims we compromised his safety by posting a video of him drinking a Red Bull can but in his Twitter bio states hes the Watford mascot 🙄

How does that compromise his safety? And what's wrong with drinking Red Bull? And why was a video posted of it?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement