talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brian's Scouting Thread

football forum

Been a while since I've seen Shonga and Sakala but they are still relevant. The former has 13 goals in a Zambia shirt at 23. The latter is wanted by Newcastle and West Ham.

And don't even get me started on the 2 Salzburg players.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 03/06/2020 at 09:41, Inti Brian said:

Saw a bit more of Song Min-Kyu. I'm more convinced he's the absolute dog bollocks. He has really quick feet and a very technical passing ability from the wing. I still have to watch more but these first 2 games have been very promising.

Here's a video on him.

Watching another game now. Think soon I can do a scout report on him. Changed the face of Pohang's attack today when he got subbed on.

Jesus Barco

Nationality: Peruvian

Club: Universitario

Defensive minded midfielder with a ton of anticipation and fearless. 

I didn't like him at all when he debuted but he's gotten much, much better.

I made this graph here and I was impressed at the fact he snuck into the top 30 in some of these. Small sample size still, but it's been an excellent start to 2020 for him.

6 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

How much bearing does stats have on your scouting? I ask that because I know you’re more than aware of Football Manager and the many who try and play to the Moneyball “rules” and how much proper Moneyball relies on stats. 

By stats do you mean the ratings I'm giving in a scouting sheet or in the stat circles (like the previous post)?

If it's the former, I've already explained my method so just go back and read it, unless you have some more questions. Don't hesitate to ask!

If it's the latter, I don't go by stats obviously but I do take a look at them after watching said game to try and prove my own point. I want something to back me up and I'm not just looking at certain plays in a 20 minute spell. It's to be sure my judgement is on point.

On 04/06/2020 at 18:52, Inti Brian said:

Been a while since I've seen Shonga and Sakala but they are still relevant. The former has 13 goals in a Zambia shirt at 23. The latter is wanted by Newcastle and West Ham.

And don't even get me started on the 2 Salzburg players.

Another goal for Daka today.

Gotta get my gear and do a graph/scout report on him soon!

8 hours ago, Inti Brian said:

This feels a very KingKuhrnter thing to do, but I'm doing a Scout World Cup on Twitter just for kicks.

This has been a lot of fun so far.

Here are the groups so I'm not constantly putting out my tweets here.

EaMT-3eWoAEWP-D.png

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

@Stan aware of any good U22 LW’s outside of Europe’s top 5 leagues? (Championship is allowed)

Hmm

I don't know the ages of these players so may need to check that but the ones that come to mind:

Jack Harrison (Leeds)
Tyler Roberts (Leeds) I'm sure @Lucas can enlighten you on both)

Josh Onomah moved to Fulham. Maybe @Storts can help you on that one as he moved from Spurs.

Jonathan Leko at West Brom. 

As for rest of Europe, not really sure as I don't watch much...the below though are pretty much based on a few 2.Bundesliga games I've watched when their leagues resumed recently. So it's a very small sample of games...

Amaechi and Jatta at Hamburg - can't remember which one is LW. 

Wamangituka stood out and not only in name for Stuttgart. 

can't think of anyone else at the moment.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Hmm

I don't know the ages of these players so may need to check that but the ones that come to mind:

Jack Harrison (Leeds)
Tyler Roberts (Leeds) I'm sure @Lucas can enlighten you on both)

Josh Onomah moved to Fulham. Maybe @Storts can help you on that one as he moved from Spurs.

Jonathan Leko at West Brom. 

As for rest of Europe, not really sure as I don't watch much...the below though are pretty much based on a few 2.Bundesliga games I've watched when their leagues resumed recently. So it's a very small sample of games...

Wamangituka stood out and not only in name for Stuttgart. 

can't think of anyone else at the moment.

Thanks. It's for my scout world cup. I need more LW's.

So far in Europe I've only got Doku, Solomon and Szobozlai. I just need 4 more then I can make the groups.

Jack Harrison is a good shout, he the same one who played in the MLS right?

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Thanks. It's for my scout world cup. I need more LW's.

So far in Europe I've only got Doku, Solomon and Szobozlai. I just need 4 more then I can make the groups.

Jack Harrison is a good shout, he the same one who played in the MLS right?

Ignore

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Stan said:

That would be Jatta.

If I had to choose one young LW from the 2. Bundesliga, I'd probably go with Nürnberg's Robin Hack.

• Subscriber
Just now, Inti Brian said:

Do you reckon he has Bundesliga potential?

Yes, I think he definitely does. Could probably use one more year in 2. Liga, but he's had a very good debut season and has already become one of the key players, even despite Nürnberg being very poor. I wouldn't be surprised if Hoffenheim buy him back (they have this option at the end of the season, I believe).

Just now, nudge said:

Yes, I think he definitely does. Could probably use one more year in 2. Liga, but he's had a very good debut season and has already become one of the key players, even despite Nürnberg being very poor. I wouldn't be surprised if Hoffenheim buy him back (they have this option at the end of the season, I believe).

Cool. Added. I think it's good to include a German in truth, but it's hard to find them outside of Europe's top 5 - for obvious reasons.

Dani Olmo could have been the Spanish player in one of these but he just moved to Leipzig :( 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Ah I just checked. Harrison is 1996, just barely overage.

Tyler Roberts qualifies though. Same with Onomah and Leko!

Onomah isn't a LW and is pretty crap so definitely doesn't qualify in talent, only age haha

Just now, Storts said:

Onomah isn't a LW and is pretty crap so definitely doesn't qualify in talent, only age haha

Ah fair enough - I remember you rated him in the U20 World Cup that England won, so I guess it's fair to say he's been found out! :D 

• Subscriber
Just now, Inti Brian said:

Ah fair enough - I remember you rated him in the U20 World Cup that England won, so I guess it's fair to say he's been found out! :D 

He never developed - he was as good at 16 as he was at 21. So talented but didn't have the application. Wasn't helped by being played out of position and shunted on bad loans but he really didn't help himself 

Archived