talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brian's Scouting Thread

football forum

It's something to debate and to get into where defensive midfielders are concerned because in the last decade or so many clubs have looked for the easy way out in acquiring muscle from Africa to provide some of the requirements a player in that position tends to need.  But many clubs have ignored where football has gone in recent years and many of those African players don't have the technical ability to play right at the top.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Is this it @Blue?

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

No, there was another one simply titled "Brian's Scouting Thread". I tried searching and there is nowt.

Maybe I'm bad at looking but I can't find it :( 

I may have just found the next big Argentine talent. Nahuel Bustos from Talleres.

He has an agent and has been impressing in reserves for a few years, but he's only just debuted 3 weeks ago and he already has 4 goals in his first 4 games. He alternates between a right winger or a right striker in a 4-4-2. 

He scored 2 goals again yesterday and has had a flying start to the Argentina Primera Division. Including this beauty.

15 minutes ago, Blue said:

I may have just found the next big Argentine talent. Nahuel Bustos from Talleres.

He has an agent and has been impressing in reserves for a few years, but he's only just debuted 3 weeks ago and he already has 4 goals in his first 4 games. He alternates between a right winger or a right striker in a 4-4-2. 

He scored 2 goals again yesterday and has had a flying start to the Argentina Primera Division. Including this beauty.

Talleres found him first mate! xD

But yes... Thanks for that one because he does look different.  Now I'm gonna go into all those scouting Twitter accounts from Spain I know are active right now.

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Talleres found him first mate! xD

But yes... Thanks for that one because he does look different.  Now I'm gonna go into all those scouting Twitter accounts from Spain I know are active right now.

Of course I didn't "discover" him, but I found him for my personal reports. This is what I meant.

Have you seen him yet @Berserker? Looks quite a talent. I've seen him in 3 of the 4 games and I like what I saw.

• Subscriber

We've had a lot of Thai youngsters come to us but do very little. Do wonder if we'd try and sign any of these if they're any good as our owners would love if it we got a Thai player actually start for us.

3 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

"Lee Seung-Woo is going to tear Serie A apart. The fact Barcelona have sold him just shows how poorly run the club is at the moment." Greatest scout ever 😂 the fact that you suggested he should start for Barcelona is beyond comical! He is definitely tearing the Serie A apart! Keep up the good work ese.      

Have you ever looked away from your agendas and considered that maybe the reason Verona got relegated last season was because they weren't giving a chance to good players like Lee?

Christ, even in the senior Korea friendlies he dominated, and didn't get the most minutes in the World Cup.

15 minutes ago, Dan said:

Harvey Barnes. Do your worst.

I think I once made a thread on him did I not? :D 

I haven't seen him recently but I'd be keen to follow him if I find time. 

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Blue said:

I think I once made a thread on him did I not? :D 

I haven't seen him recently but I'd be keen to follow him if I find time. 

You may have done actually xD

He's had a very good season so far.

12 hours ago, Blue said:

Of course I didn't "discover" him, but I found him for my personal reports. This is what I meant.

Have you seen him yet @Berserker? Looks quite a talent. I've seen him in 3 of the 4 games and I like what I saw.

Haven't seen him much. But if he keeps this form then he'll have a bright future. A lad i've seen and who i think is class is Pedro "El Zorro" De La Vega, that kid is going to be a star.

14 hours ago, Berserker said:

Haven't seen him much. But if he keeps this form then he'll have a bright future. A lad i've seen and who i think is class is Pedro "El Zorro" De La Vega, that kid is going to be a star.

From Lanus right? I haven't seen him yet but I've heard good things

On 11/10/2018 at 01:56, Teso dos Bichos said:

@Lucas

Have you seen much of K. Temenuzhkov?  Another one that got away.

Absolutely nothing mate. Could not give you an honest assessment other than I know he's been in the youth teams. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, nudge said:

@Blue what can you tell me about Tiago Cantoro?

I've gone to see him a few times in the youth leagues. Tearing it up in the reserves for La U and from what i've seen, he's very composed on the ball and is very technical. He's probably at Bremen at the moment because his dad is a former footballer, so he has a good referencial. 

5 hours ago, Blue said:

I've gone to see him a few times in the youth leagues. Tearing it up in the reserves for La U and from what i've seen, he's very composed on the ball and is very technical. He's probably at Bremen at the moment because his dad is a former footballer, so he has a good referencial. 

Correction: He is not tearing it up in reserves. He has 1 goal in a low amount of games. He is tearing it up in youths. I haven't gone in a while, but thats what I was told. I remember being impressed by him for the attributes I mentioned.

• 4 months later...

In case anyone is wondering where this players are at 18 or so months later;

Valverde (Real) - 8 appearances in total, one starting appearance. 

Orsolini (Bologna) - 23 appearances, eight starts, two goals, three assists.

Farinez (Millionarios) - 8 games in 2019 thus far. 

Siucho (Guangzhou Everglade) - Joined them in January this year. 

No big move for Farinez, though he’s still 21 so that’s not a big issue and there may be work permit reasons why he’s not moved to Europe. Valverde has recently got into the Real team, mostly from the bench, so not a bad shout I suppose. Orsolini seems to be doing okay for Bologna on loan from Juve. Siucho has moved to China, so probably not the move expected. 

26 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

In case anyone is wondering where this players are at 18 or so months later;

Valverde (Real) - 8 appearances in total, one starting appearance. 

Orsolini (Bologna) - 23 appearances, eight starts, two goals, three assists.

Farinez (Millionarios) - 8 games in 2019 thus far. 

Siucho (Guangzhou Everglade) - Joined them in January this year. 

No big move for Farinez, though he’s still 21 so that’s not a big issue and there may be work permit reasons why he’s not moved to Europe. Valverde has recently got into the Real team, mostly from the bench, so not a bad shout I suppose. Orsolini seems to be doing okay for Bologna on loan from Juve. Siucho has moved to China, so probably not the move expected. 

Not sure if this is a pop but I like the idea of going back to some older posts and seeing where they are now. Valverde and Fariñez im fairly confident will improve from here. I've lost faith in the others.

13 minutes ago, Blue said:

Not sure if this is a pop but I like the idea of going back to some older posts and seeing where they are now. Valverde and Fariñez im fairly confident will improve from here. I've lost faith in the others.

It’s genuinely not. It made me look at where they are now, as there’s a couple of names there I hadn’t heard of. Thought some might have been interested too. 

• 1 month later...

Just an update on players I'm following.

Luis Haquin - Puebla (1997)

Luis Haquin is a Bolivian defender. One of the few Bolivian's to play abroad in a half decent league (all due respect to the rest). He's a substitute but comes on often and plays in the Copa MX. Tall defender at 1,88 metres with a bullet header in him. He's scored most of his goals off set pieces and with his head. Very good anticipation and decent at playing it out. Chumacero may have opened the door for him at Puebla, but he's showing that he is indeed good enough. Bolivia's next best upcoming defender to take Ronald Raldes' crown.

Gonzalo Tapia - Universidad Catolica (2002)

The 17 year old Chilean has shined at the Sudamericano U17's with his NT. Very good at dribbling and has his head up, always looking to get in the box. He's been scouted by Manchester City for a good reason. Good technique and intelligent. His decision making can be lackluster at times, but that will improve with age.

Diego Ariel Duarte - Olimpia (2002)

The Paraguayan number 9 is very complete, and has shined at the Sudamericano U17. He's a strong presence up front and is more of a supporting attacker with some goals in him. He's very tactical as he drifts out wide and looks for space off the ball. When he's on it, he holds it up and either crafts out chances for his teammates, or dribbles his way to a chance for himself. Definitely one to watch.

Nahuel Bustos - Pachuca (1998)

Gone a bit under the radar since joining Pachuca, but the Argentine has a lot in him. He scored something like 5 goals in his first 10 professional games, which is very impressive and shows he is fearless and has a great mentality. He still doesn't have a defined position, he can play as a 9 or on the wing. He hasn't nailed down a position yet, but he's definitely an exciting talent.

Riley McGree - Melbourne City (1998)

Alongside Arzani, he's one of Australia's most exciting young talents. He's on loan from Club Brugge, but has done very well in the A-League since returning. Last year with Newcastle Jets, this year with Melbourne City. He's often rotating in and out of the squad, but he is taking his chances off the bench.

Sarpreet Singh - Wellington Phoenix (1999)

New Zealand's brightest young talent by a mile. Tearing it up in the A-League with a new and improved Wellington Phoenix side and has created a good partnership with Fijian Roy Krishna. The number 10 has excellent long shots and has a dynamic presence. 

• The title was changed to Brian's Scouting Thread

Archived