talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brian's Scouting Thread

football forum

7 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Good thread mate, the more scouting reports from South America the better. I've always liked South American football as the traditional value will always be there and the passion out there is incredible, although it's difficult to keep up with everything in football for me these days.

Do you watch much of Ezequiel Barco? He seems a real talent, although is still young and you can never tell just how a player will turn out when they are so young. @Berserker might have more information on him as well.

i see he's just moved to the MLS to sign for Atlanta United from Independiente. Why has he made such an awful move? He's still only 18, so his destination after the USA will likely be Europe, but for me you'd learn a lot more and develop your game much better staying in Argentina, where you would compete with not only the best Argentine teams in the Primera division, but also the best in South America in the Copa libertadores. There are also a lot more big scouts from Europe out  in South America.

He's a jewel, one of our most promising players.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Dr. Gonzo 

Aviles Hurtado

Aviles is a strong and quick player, his fitness is very good as a player in his role should be. His attacking can be lackluster in the finishing/composure area. However his dribbling and tactical awareness raise that stat as well as first touch football in the attacking third.

Of course, his defending isn't going to be great but that's expected. He can be decent in the air but he's better on the ground.

aa6add42771a18bcfa3ba3edc1c884a3.png

79690a88fba7f43370ba231da344186f.png

Wuilker Fariñez

Who I consider to be the second best U20 goalkeeper in the world, Wuilker Fariñez is a class above. His best attributes are his shot stopping and his reflexes, but overall he's really not bad at anything. Shot stopping is a stand out, but the other more "under the radar" attributes a keeper must have, he's good at them too.

Wouldn't surprise me if he's at Benfica at only at the half of the year.

6ef5e777ac483dca83ad4d3c2c357364.png

1 hour ago, Blue said:

@SirBalon @The Rebel CRS @El_Loco

My scouting shortlist. Thoughts?

51e1e94cff94e16cde4fa63290f57b2a.png

It’s a good list although quite a number of names are already well known for those that follow a bit of youth football. It would’ve been better for you to have chosen less well known names and maybe even younger ones (I know it’s difficult to follow that unless you have connections that can offer you footage every week) and see how they develop from the start.

But all the same, it’s a good list and I’ll follow what you analyse along the way.

58 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

It’s a good list although quite a number of names are already well known for those that follow a bit of youth football. It would’ve been better for you to have chosen less well known names and maybe even younger ones (I know it’s difficult to follow that unless you have connections that can offer you footage every week) and see how they develop from the start.

But all the same, it’s a good list and I’ll follow what you analyse along the way.

I have a podcast where I discuss "under the radar" talent where as this list is just young players I'm following. Of course some players that aren't under the radar don't necessarily interest me like Mbappe, but its not always the norm :) 

5 hours ago, FOYM said:

I was coming in here to completely take the piss out of you. But I have to admit, you're commitment and throuroughness is impressive.

I'd really appreciate it if you didn't go in to threads just to derail them.

Other people use this forum and while you might not like it, others do.

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

What are these graphs really showing us? A world class player's graph could look the same as a non-league player's.

Would a non league players fitness and tactical awareness match that of a world class player?

6 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

What are these graphs really showing us? A world class player's graph could look the same as a non-league player's.

The graphs show what they are best at, not how good they are. That is in the description. But you're right, I'm still looking to perfect it.

9 minutes ago, Rab said:

I'd really appreciate it if you didn't go in to threads just to derail them.

Other people use this forum and while you might not like it, others do.

Thanks.

Are you joking me? 😂

Brian is notorious for derailing threads with Peru talk yet I make a tongue in cheek comment and you jump on it? 

Get a grip mate.

23 minutes ago, Rab said:

Would a non league players fitness and tactical awareness match that of a world class player?

No, that's not what they show. It shows how good their tactical awareness is compared to their fitness, not compared to other players' tactical awareness.

23 minutes ago, Blue said:

The graphs show what they are best at, not how good they are. That is in the description. But you're right, I'm still looking to perfect it.

You could rate their attributes out of 100 and then turn that information into a % graph?

9 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

You could rate their attributes out of 100 and then turn that information into a % graph?

I'll fiddle around with it in the next couple days. I haven't had an opportunity to do another fair graph in the past few days. I'll try to get one up again shortly.

• 1 month later...

Scouting a player from El Salvador at the moment. 20 years of age, I'll get a graphic up in due time. Playing for some mid table team in his country called Audaz. Trying to convince a few Costa Rican clubs to go after him.

One player I'm keen on following is Adam Idah, U18 player on Norwich City. He has an Irish passport although his name makes me think he's part Nigerian. He's a right footed lad that measures at 185 cm tall. Powerful shot from what I've seen so far and can also use his left to a good extent. 7 goals scored in the Euro U17 qualifiers. 

3 hours ago, Blue said:

One player I'm keen on following is Adam Idah, U18 player on Norwich City. He has an Irish passport although his name makes me think he's part Nigerian. He's a right footed lad that measures at 185 cm tall. Powerful shot from what I've seen so far and can also use his left to a good extent. 7 goals scored in the Euro U17 qualifiers. 

He was very loosely linked to Man U and a few other clubs by a tabloid and now he’s in ‘Brian’s scouting thread’ genius. 

8 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

He won't go far with that music :ph34r:

All these videos have crap music xD its a common trend. When I make those videos I just leave the crowd noise to I don't have to put up with being muted!

15 minutes ago, Marc said:

He was very loosely linked to Man U and a few other clubs by a tabloid and now he’s in ‘Brian’s scouting thread’ genius. 

Moving now would be a mistake for him. I still am reserving judgement on him but he's got to use the championship as a stepping stone as well as take advantage or Norwich's youth development plan. Not go to Chelsea or United and get loan moves to other sides until 2030.

He's got to do similarly to what Dele Alli did at MK Dons.

• The title was changed to Brian's Scouting Thread

Archived