talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brian's Scouting Thread

football forum

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

An upvote for taking the time to do this.

What would really fascinate me is seeing posts like this over the course of the last decade referred back to so you can see when players like Lukaku (just an easy example) were starting to receive attention on a wider scale, and which people are good at identifying players at the earliest stages.

before TFF went down, the talent scout section was brilliant for looking back on to see who called things right or how players progressed. To be fair to Voice of Reason on that site, he paid a lot of attention to many players who went on to be big (the only thing he seemed to be good at on TFF). I remember Kane and Kasper Schmeichel being hyped up correctly so. 

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

An upvote for taking the time to do this.

What would really fascinate me is seeing posts like this over the course of the last decade referred back to so you can see when players like Lukaku (just an easy example) were starting to receive attention on a wider scale, and which people are good at identifying players at the earliest stages.

Cheers, I'm giving it a bit of a trial. For my website which is Peruvian football only, I've had the idea to do this every month but with youngsters from there. Since I contribute like everyone else, why not have a go on here anyways? It adds fun to the forum and its a place I can chat about other youngsters from abroad.

I'll see if its worth committing to on here. Depends on how much activity it gets. That also depends on which youngsters I pick. It won't be booming, but it might get some interest.

• 6 months later...

I started a new section on my Twitter called lookout scout.

I'm basically balancing out the attributes a certain player is best at. I'll do that here as well but with a bit more info. Just 2 for now.

Julian Quiñonez (Lobos BUAP, on loan from Tigres)

20 year old Colombian striker who is really good in the air as you can see from the chart. He's more than just your typical target man. He's also decent at dribbling. His downside comes in the final third, where he can be a bit wasteful sometimes. Hence why I left the attacking percentage a bit low, but not TOO low to call him a "limited forward".

Tactical awareness is decent enough. He's good at getting into positions but not a world beater at it. He's also quite strong and that helps him in the air when he's trying to outstrength his opponent.

aff491a57106f1c8489de75b49980d90.png

Gabriele Zappa

This is the profile I uploaded on my twitter. He's an 18 year old Italian right back who plays for Inter Milan.

He's still only in the youth ranks but I've been impressed with what I saw so far. He has excellent ball control and great crossing. His attacking methods are different from what I decided to list on this pie graph (dribbling, finishing). Defensively he's average to good but not excellent. He doesn't perform too many sliding tackles.

He's also excellent tactically, as he overlaps all the time and does well to track back and defend.

DVW-2igXUAIN9ih.jpg:large

1 hour ago, Spike said:

@SirBalon 

He’s a gem! Everyone’s talking about him and the press are putting as much pressure as possible on Julen Lopetegui to take him to the World Cup, although with the amount of competition and ridiculous depth in the Spain side for selection, I doubt it will happen although I wish it would. 

3 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Max Romero who has recently signed for PSV could be a great Argentine talent. 

We've had him discussed on a podcast. Keen to see how he does. Surely would make a great attacking duo with El Chucky.

Good thread mate, the more scouting reports from South America the better. I've always liked South American football as the traditional value will always be there and the passion out there is incredible, although it's difficult to keep up with everything in football for me these days.

Do you watch much of Ezequiel Barco? He seems a real talent, although is still young and you can never tell just how a player will turn out when they are so young. @Berserker might have more information on him as well.

i see he's just moved to the MLS to sign for Atlanta United from Independiente. Why has he made such an awful move? He's still only 18, so his destination after the USA will likely be Europe, but for me you'd learn a lot more and develop your game much better staying in Argentina, where you would compete with not only the best Argentine teams in the Primera division, but also the best in South America in the Copa libertadores. There are also a lot more big scouts from Europe out  in South America.

1 minute ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Good thread mate, the more scouting reports from South America the better. I've always liked South American football as the traditional value will always be there and the passion out there is incredible, although it's difficult to keep up with everything in football for me these days.

Do you watch much of Ezequiel Barco? He seems a real talent, although is still young and you can never tell just how a player will turn out when they are so young. @Berserker might have more information on him as well.

i see he's just moved to the MLS to sign for Atlanta United from Independiente. Why has he made such an awful move? He's still only 18, so his destination after the USA will likely be Europe, but for me you'd learn a lot more and develop your game much better staying in Argentina, where you would compete with not only the best Argentine teams in the Primera division, but also the best in South America in the Copa libertadores. There are also a lot more big scouts from Europe out  in South America.

I have seen Barco. Brilliant young player who has a bright future. Was key in helping to get Independiente their second Sudamericana title.

When I get back I'll do a report on Artur. I'm not the biggest expert in the world on him but I do say I know enough about him to be able to do a fair scout report.

@SirBalon @The Rebel CRS

Doing this one exclusively for TF365. This one won't be on my Twitter

Arthur

A very Barcelona like player hence why some are saying he's "Barca DNA". He reminds us a lot of Xavi with good passing and overall a very composed player. Decent defensively while he's good with the ball mostly but is also very tactically aware

Overall he's a very balanced player. He's got a lot going for him and not a whole lot of weaknesses. Perhaps in the air he is the weakest but as a midfielder, you could argue he doesn't need that. 

a19076873fafdfe3a51f61513a1b50f9.png

Just now, Stan said:

what are the percentages based on?

Ratings out of 100, but I'm putting some of them as high as 90 as they aren't about how good it can be or how good it is in world football but rather how good the player is at it.

For example, a rating of 98 would mean that its his strength while a rating of 34 would make that his weakness. That's why I don't add the numbers.

I'm trying to perfect the idea at the moment but its a good start I would say.

@Blue a request that's less piss-takey - can you do one for Aviles Hurtado? Last year he was my favourite player with Los Xolos, and I'm a bit sad that he's not on the side anymore.

He's not young though lol - so if you're only doing young players... then nevermind.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

@Blue a request that's less piss-takey - can you do one for Aviles Hurtado? Last year he was my favourite player with Los Xolos, and I'm a bit sad that he's not on the side anymore.

He's not young though lol - so if you're only doing young players... then nevermind.

I'll do so but a bit later today - or tomorrow. I have a few games to cover the rest of the day. 

16 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Are you using stats to back up your percentages? Why isn't Arthur 25% at ball control for example rather than 21%. Is it all just your opinion? 

Great thread btw, interesting to see how it pans out :).

Yeah, all opinion based. Basically what I see in these players. I could include stats but for some players like Zappa for instance who still are in the youth ranks, its hard to find them.

• The title was changed to Brian's Scouting Thread

Archived