• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

2. Bundesliga 2020/21

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, nudge said:

 

Thioune new HSV head coach.

Thought, @Chadwell?

Well he's a young manager who's done well at Osnabruck, by getting them promoted into the 2. Bundesliga and then cementing their position in the 2. Bundesliga this season just finished. He immensely improved Osnabruck as a team, in the 3 years that he managed them.

Hamburg is obviously a huge step up for him though and whether he can also improve them as a team remains to be seen. But all in all, I think that he is a decent signing, despite the fact that he doesn't have the experience that most other Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga managers have.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah yes, my topic for next season. 

200.gif

 

I'm a bit worried. We had 14 players leaving us, and a few will follow, and there are NO news of new signings. We have no left back at the moment. Shit could be fucked. 

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/07/2020 at 20:18, londonerlilie said:

We've just loaned Lars Lukas Mai off Bayern.

I assume there's no option to buy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately not, they ended up extending his contract at Bayern by another year to 2023 as well. Let's see how this year goes and how he develops, I'm sure they'll renegotiate then! 

Haven't signed anyone else yet though which is slightly worrying!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tommy said:

Not bad, definitely someone who always gives his everything on the pitch and experienced in the 2 Liga. Given your lack of left backs in the squad, that's surely a very solid signing?

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, nudge said:

Not bad, definitely someone who always gives his everything on the pitch and experienced in the 2 Liga. Given your lack of left backs in the squad, that's surely a very solid signing?

 

Yea, I'd say so. Bit weird that he's joining a 2. Bundesliga team when he just got promoted with Bielefeld. Seems like he was their regular left back as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yea, I'd say so. Bit weird that he's joining a 2. Bundesliga team when he just got promoted with Bielefeld. Seems like he was their regular left back as well. 

I think a big reason for that is that Hartherz is not a top division material... 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to Bochum last weekend and they inform me they have so far signed Tarsis Bonga, who's record in the third tier looks a bit rubbish, he's become a bit of a cult hero amongst us without even kicking a ball xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tommy said:

So we're about so sign Piotr Piotrowski from KRC Genk. Polish U21 international. Does anyone here know anything about him? :ph34r:

https://rp-online.de/sport/fussball/fortuna/fortuna-duesseldorf-holt-polens-u21-nationalspieler-jakub-piotrowski_aid-52448979

To be honest mate, I've not seen too much of him. I did see him play a few games for Genk, but I didn't see him play for Beveren, the club he was on loan to this year. The few times I saw him for Genk, he didn't really stand out or anything, but he's a young player(still only 22) and he was a member of the 2018/19 Genk team that won the Belgian league.

Sorry I am not too much help on this one, but I think that the fact a young player like him played for a top Belgian club, should mean that he is at the very least half-decent. 

His first name is Jakub by the way.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Michael said:

To be honest mate, I've not seen too much of him. I did see him play a few games for Genk, but I didn't see him play for Beveren, the club he was on loan to this year. The few times I saw him for Genk, he didn't really stand out or anything, but he's a young player(still only 22) and he was a member of the 2018/19 Genk team that won the Belgian league.

Sorry I am not too much help on this one, but I think that the fact a young player like him played for a top Belgian club, should mean that he is at the very least half-decent. 

No worries. Now that our signings get more obscure that we are in 2. Bundesliga again, it will be difficult to get some proper information. :D But yea, he went from Poland to a Belgian top club for 2 Mio. Euros. So he can't be completely bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tommy said:

No worries. Now that our signings get more obscure that we are in 2. Bundesliga again, it will be difficult to get some proper information. :D But yea, he went from Poland to a Belgian top club for 2 Mio. Euros. So he can't be completely bad. 

At least Kownacki can hopefully help him settle in at the club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Michael said:

At least Kownacki can hopefully help him settle in at the club. 

If he stays, yes. I hope so. Bodzek can speak Polish too though. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/07/2020 at 14:39, Tommy said:

If he stays, yes. I hope so. Bodzek can speak Polish too though. :) 

Yeah, Dusseldorf have a good player in Kownacki, he's now a regular in the Poland international squad for good reason.

The deal for Jakub Piotrowski has been officially concluded and Dusseldorf have apparently paid Genk 500,000 euros in order to buy Piotrowski. Genk had bought Piotrowski from Polish club Pogon Szczecin for 2 million euros in the summer of 2018.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Florian Hartherz arrived in Düsseldorf for his medical. :banana:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Stan said:

Some absolutely riveting conversation here. Plenty of chat.

 

Ah cheers, must have missed that on my commute from the F1 to the Bundesliga section. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be nice to see HSV and Dusseldorf come back up this season. As for team #3, I guess I'll pick Hannover. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to see Bochum back in the Bundesliga at some point. Would give me a proper 90's vibe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I'd love to see Bochum back in the Bundesliga at some point. Would give me a proper 90's vibe. 

The 90's vibe? That's when they had Dariusz Wosz superbly running their midfield. I think that Wosz was one of the most underrated German playmakers, the little man was a class act. :twothumbsup:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is Dariusz Wosz scoring a goal on his international debut for Germany in 1997 in a match against Israel. This came eight years after he had made his international debut for East Germany in 1989.

 

 

The following video is just a tribute to Wosz's skills and goals for VFL Bochum and Hertha Berlin. Enjoy! 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement