talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What's The Furthest North, East, South & West You've Been?

football forum

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 27/07/2020 at 12:00, CaaC (John) said:

See if I get it right...

World

Gibraltar, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium Middle-East (Suez Canal, Aden, Port Said), Singapore, Australia and all over the UK.

North would be Germany (Bavaria)
South would be Australia and Singapore but I have been all over the UK and really can't define the difference, I have been to the Northern tip of Scotland, Wick to the bottom of the UK, Southampton yet lived in Southend-on-Sea off and on over the years and I think that would be South East? then I have been to Wales which would be North or further still, Belfast in NI.

7 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

I thought this was @MUFC digging up an old thread at first xD

I think this will be about right, my map brain location points are a bit foggy nowadays. 🤓

North - Wick, Caithness, Scotland
South - Australia*
East - Australia*
West - Belfast, Northern Island

Edit: *Corrections order by her highness @nudge

Never change John x 

On 28/07/2020 at 17:24, Toinho said:

Interesting topic. I’ll have to think and have a look... 

Some odd competition in this thread, and it’s worth pointing out we aren’t all from wealthy families... 

Subject A reporting for duty sir. 

North. The gold coast. 
South. Melbourne
East. Also the gold coast. 
West. Bourke. 

17 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Every inland town in Australia is.

Some shitty road trip holiday my step father wanted to go on to see the shittiest possible sights like Wagga and Bourke. 

That’s complete nonsense 

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Every inland town more than 2 hours from the sea (and many closer) are fucking naff mate. Horrid little meth havens. 

Nah mate, that isn’t true at all. It’s the case for a lot of places but also applies to towns on the coast. Doesn’t matter where it is, some places are great some aren’t.

Just now, Spike said:

Nah mate, that isn’t true at all. It’s the case for a lot of places but also applies to towns on the coast. Doesn’t matter where it is, some places are great some aren’t.

Name some then. Like your racist meth fulled neck of the woods maybe? 

And yes, some costal towns are dogshit, but they're slowly being bought out 1 by 1 by yuppies and sydney consortiums.

1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Name some then. Like your racist meth fulled neck of the woods maybe? 

And yes, some costal towns are dogshit, but they're slowly being bought out 1 by 1 by yuppies and sydney consortiums.

Beaudesert, Malenie, Toowoomba not a bad town, not my cup of tea but I’m not some dickhead waving his cock around thinking he is above certain places, because I know for a fact no matter where you are in this world there are scum, racist and meth fuelled like you say, and I bet Wollongong has more of them then the population of many towns. It doesn’t matter if it’s a tropical paradise, or a frozen wasteland.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Beaudesert, Malenie, Toowoomba not a bad town, not my cup of tea but I’m not some dickhead waving his cock around thinking he is above certain places, because I know for a fact no matter where you are in this world there are scum, racist and meth fuelled like you say, and I bet Wollongong has more of them then the population of many towns. It doesn’t matter if it’s a tropical paradise, or a frozen wasteland.

Toowoomba is a famous retirement village, but is now being gentrified, however I believe it's within 2 hours of the coast, and an hour or so from Brisbane at least which is cheating a bit. As is Beaudesert and Maleny are less than an hour from the coast. 

So we have one town an hour and a half from the coast (and an hour from brissy) and 2 that are less than an hour from the coast. Solid. 

You can't swing a fucking cat in Wollongong city center without hitting a methadone clinic. But that's tempered with actual things to do and infrastructure. It's not a no hope shithole like Bourke, Broken Hill, Wilcania, Alice Springs, Coober Pedy, Kalgoorlie and the like. Face it, there's a reason Canberra is the only city in the whole fucking country not perched on the coast. And it's perched by multiple lakes instead.  

Toowoomba is a famous retirement village, but is now being gentrified, however I believe it's within 2 hours of the coast, and an hour or so from Brisbane at least which is cheating a bit. As is Beaudesert and Maleny are less than an hour from the coast. 

So we have one town an hour and a half from the coast (and an hour from brissy) and 2 that are less than an hour from the coast. Solid. 

You can't swing a fucking cat in Wollongong city center without hitting a methadone clinic. But that's tempered with actual things to do and infrastructure. It's not a no hope shithole like Bourke, Broken Hill, Wilcania, Alice Springs, Coober Pedy, Kalgoorlie and the like. Face it, there's a reason Canberra is the only city in the whole fucking country not perched on the coast. And it's perched by multiple lakes instead.  

You said inland, and they are inland you can’t put arbitrary limitations on what is and isn’t inland. Their just aren’t many places outside of two hours from a coastal area, Charleville, St George are fine towns, even my hometown has money to be made and opportunity to do so, it’s not ideal but far from the worst places. It doesn’t suite your lifestyle and what you want, that’s fine, they don’t suite me either but I’ve lived in these places and I understand them in a way you don’t and never will, I’m not just a tourist passing through, like yourself, I don’t think you’ve lived anywhere but the Gong, right? I’d rather live in some inland towns than some coastal towns but there are many more coastal areas I’d choose beforehand, the coast is better but I reject the idea that inland is a no go zone. 

It’s such a typical opinion and I feel like I’ve the same conversation a million times with different people. Congrats mate, you work in a bottlo and live with other people but at least you can see the ocean everyday, right?

Bourke looks a pretty standard country town, hard to tell really just by a few google images. However, there are many in our south west that are lovely. And I lived in a country town (although only just under 2hrs inland from Perth) and it was great. It just 'looked' like a country town, like Bourke does, if that makes any sense...

Good to see Kalgoorlie mentioned - I still haven't been there. Don't really fancy it either lol.

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

You said inland, and they are inland you can’t put arbitrary limitations on what is and isn’t inland. Their just aren’t many places outside of two hours from a coastal area, Charleville, St George are fine towns, even my hometown has money to be made and opportunity to do so, it’s not ideal but far from the worst places. It doesn’t suite your lifestyle and what you want, that’s fine, they don’t suite me either but I’ve lived in these places and I understand them in a way you don’t and never will, I’m not just a tourist passing through, like yourself, I don’t think you’ve lived anywhere but the Gong, right? I’d rather live in some inland towns than some coastal towns but there are many more coastal areas I’d choose beforehand, the coast is better but I reject the idea that inland is a no go zone. 

It’s such a typical opinion and I feel like I’ve the same conversation a million times with different people. Congrats mate, you work in a bottlo and live with other people but at least you can see the ocean everyday, right?

I very very specifically said more than 2 hours from the coast. 

Yes, I can see the ocean every day. I live a 2 minute walk from the Wollongong rock pool, where I regularly swim, and meet other people, before walking along the beachside footpath to dry off. There's a great mix of tradies, students and professionals. And yes, the odd meth head sure. I live with a good friend of mine and 1 quiet psuedo hippy random guy that we like. I work in a bottleshop to pay my rent while I finish my degree. I enjoy my life as it is, and that's fortunate for you, as you've slung a stone here from a very fucking glass house, but fortunately missed the mark and thus my shitty pride doesn't demand I sling one back. 

I very very specifically said more than 2 hours from the coast. 

Yes, I can see the ocean every day. I live a 2 minute walk from the Wollongong rock pool, where I regularly swim, and meet other people, before walking along the beachside footpath to dry off. There's a great mix of tradies, students and professionals. And yes, the odd meth head sure. I live with a good friend of mine and 1 quiet psuedo hippy random guy that we like. I work in a bottleshop to pay my rent while I finish my degree. I enjoy my life as it is, and that's fortunate for you, as you've slung a stone here from a very fucking glass house, but fortunately missed the mark and thus my shitty pride doesn't demand I sling one back. 

What fucking glass house? YOU started this by calling out thousands of people, meth heads, racists, no hopers, if you took what I said as an insult you are the one throwing rocks at your own house. I’m not your fucking enemy, so I don’t know why you treat me and the people  I love like lessers than you because you can swim in a fucking rock pool. Pull your head out of your arse.

Just now, Spike said:

What fucking glass house? YOU started this by calling out thousands of people, meth heads, racists, no hopers, if you took what I said as an insult you are the one throwing rocks at your own house. I’m not your fucking enemy, so I don’t know why you treat me and the people  I love like lessers than you because you can swim in a fucking rock pool. Pull your head out of your arse.

I don't think I'm better than you. Why does where someone is born make them better? It's just a fact Australias inland towns are shitholes. Full of addicts and people who can't wait to leave. All our capitals are on the coast. The 1st city on the list of largest cities in the nation, bar Canberra, is Toowoomba. At 16.
I don't think i'm better than anyone because of where I was born. I'm from Berkeley. It's a shithole, one of the most famously shit suburbs of outer Wollongong. But that doesn't change fuck all does it? Bourke is a shithole. Mt Isa is a shithole, Davenport is a shithole ect ect ect. Joblessness and addiction to grog or hard drugs are rife. They have no fucking reason to be visited. Get the fuck over it cunt. 

11 minutes ago, Toinho said:

You two have such a weird relationship.

I have been talked down to a lesser person my entire life because of where I grew up, I’m sick of it. It’s unfair and ridiculous. The one thing I will give Americans a pat on the back for is not assuming they know everything about where I’m from and look down on because of it. It’s exhausting, I was never robbed in a country town, I was never threatened on the train, I never saw some cunt get glassed for no reason in the country, but I’ve seen all this shit in the cities. And quite frankly I can’t take anyone seriously to have an opinion on the bush if they haven’t spent significant time there.

The bullshit that rural Australia gets isn’t even fucking exclusive to it.

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I don't think I'm better than you. Why does where someone is born make them better? It's just a fact Australias inland towns are shitholes. Full of addicts and people who can't wait to leave. All our capitals are on the coast. The 1st city on the list of largest cities in the nation, bar Canberra, is Toowoomba. At 16.
I don't think i'm better than anyone because of where I was born. I'm from Berkeley. It's a shithole, one of the most famously shit suburbs of outer Wollongong. But that doesn't change fuck all does it? Bourke is a shithole. Mt Isa is a shithole, Davenport is a shithole ect ect ect. Joblessness and addiction to grog or hard drugs are rife. They have no fucking reason to be visited. Get the fuck over it cunt. 

Everything you’ve said applies to the coast. Fuck off.

Archived