talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kostas Tsimikas Signs for Liverpool

Oh come on guys, think about it!

Klopp and Edwards only release information to our 'reliables' when it suits. In other words, we dont have reliables anymore, we just have known reliables to leek stories when it suits us.

Come on, do you honestly believe that we would extensively scout a player like Lewis, find out all his background, speak to the player to find out if he would join, speak to his club to find out if the player was available .... and then offer half of what they wanted?

And then sign another player 2 days later?

Come on ffs. 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

In other words, we dont have reliables anymore, we just have known reliables to leek stories when it suits us.

That's literally the way it's always been with LFC journalists who know stuff from the club. Same with pretty much any reputable journalist with any club...

Even if what you're saying is true, you're just guessing and you'd never know unless Edwards or Klopp came out and said "yeah we just made the bid with Norwich to up the pressure on Olympiakos" - but we'd been hearing whispers we were interested in Lewis weeks ago. And everything we know from the people who pass on reliable information from the club suggests we were interested in him. Just not interested in him at that price.

5 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Come on, do you honestly believe that we would extensively scout a player like Lewis, find out all his background, speak to the player to find out if he would join, speak to his club to find out if the player was available .... and then offer half of what they wanted?

And then sign another player 2 days later?

Yes... that's exactly what I believe competent recruiting teams would do if they don't have an unlimited budget. Most teams don't just identify one player for a particular position unless they're a pretty special player that you're going to build a part of your team around (like a Virgil type) or if they've got an unlimited budget and they can go get their first choice each time they make a signing.

I think Michael Edwards and our recruitment team are pretty fucking competent, based on what we've seen from the past few years. And I don't think it's unreasonable that in our first moves of the summer we make a bid for a player from an English club demanding an inflated fee and we promptly turn around and sign someone else who plays the same position.

I think considering we made an actual bid, it's weird to think we'd waste actual time and effort on doing that for someone we aren't planning on signing rather than just releasing shit to the journalists we leak things to and have them doing that all summer like other clubs (Barca) would.

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That's literally the way it's always been with LFC journalists who know stuff from the club. Same with pretty much any reputable journalist...

Even if what you're saying is true, you're just guessing and you'd never know unless Edwards or Klopp came out and said "yeah we just made the bid with Norwich to up the pressure on Olympiakos" - but we'd been hearing whispers we were interested in Lewis weeks ago. And everything we know from the people who pass on reliable information from the club suggests we were interested in him. Just not interested in him at that price.

Yes... that's exactly what I believe competent recruiting teams would do if they don't have an unlimited budget. Most teams don't just identify one player for a particular position unless they're a pretty special player that you're going to build a part of your team around (like a Virgil type) or if they've got an unlimited budget and they can go get their first choice each time they make a signing.

I think Michael Edwards and our recruitment team are pretty fucking competent, based on what we've seen from the past few years. And I don't think it's unreasonable that in our first moves of the summer we make a bid for a player from an English club demanding an inflated fee and we promptly turn around and sign someone else who plays the same position.

I think considering we made an actual bid, it's weird to think we'd waste actual time and effort on doing that for someone we aren't planning on signing rather than just releasing shit to the journalists we leak things to and have them doing that all summer like other clubs (Barca) would.

Ok mate fair enough. It hardly matters anyway now but I'm sure this will all come out in the wash. We were never going to pay £20m on a back up for Robertson and you would have thought Liverpool would have known that valuation all along.

Anyway, I can see Lewis being Chilwells replacement at Leicester now maybe?

24 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Ok mate fair enough. It hardly matters anyway now but I'm sure this will all come out in the wash. We were never going to pay £20m on a back up for Robertson and you would have thought Liverpool would have known that valuation all along.

Anyway, I can see Lewis being Chilwells replacement at Leicester now maybe?

I figured they lowballed because maybe Norwich would let him go for cheap like Hull did with Robertson. Worth a shot, right? And I think we could have guessed they said no and probably set a cap on how much we’d be willing to pay before turning elsewhere.

9 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

I dont believe that a bid was rejected 2 days ago for Lewis and that today we have agreed a deal for another player if this agreed deal wasn't well down the line of being concluded anyway. It just doesnt work like that. 

You're just guessing and were presenting it as fact in your earlier postsxD

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

You're just guessing and were presenting it as fact in your earlier postsxD

Presenting it as fact?

Fuck me we are all just guessing aren't we? It just seems its cool for everyone to go against what I say on here to be honest. 

Ok you lot win... we tried to sign Lewis and they said no so Liverpool said "OK we will sign someone else" and piff paff poof done deal. 

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Presenting it as fact?

Fuck me we are all just guessing aren't we? It just seems its cool for everyone to go against what I say on here to be honest. 

Ok you lot win... we tried to sign Lewis and they said no so Liverpool said "OK we will sign someone else" and piff paff poof done deal. 

If that’s the case in your head, then surely the common denominator is yourself mate. You do present shit as facts when you post, maybe not outright by saying “this is a fact” , but your language definitely implies it. You say things on here, then when called out on it you try to back track on stuff to save face.

Perfect example is when you tried to contradict a post I made about Liverpool announcing they were going to use the furlough scheme. You quoted me saying “they only said they were looking into it” which was wrong. I called you on it and your reply was “that’s basically what I just said” which just wasn’t the case at all, you said something completely different but were spinning it so you could still come across as right. 

I get fact checked loads on here, everybody does. It’s fine to not know everything about everything, who fucking cares? Just go with the flow and hold your hands up to shit instead of getting defensive, and resorting to calling people fannies or what not. 😂

9 minutes ago, Rick said:

If that’s the case in your head, then surely the common denominator is yourself mate. You do present shit as facts when you post, maybe not outright by saying “this is a fact” , but your language definitely implies it. You say things on here, then when called out on it you try to back track on stuff to save face.

Perfect example is when you tried to contradict a post I made about Liverpool announcing they were going to use the furlough scheme. You quoted me saying “they only said they were looking into it” which was wrong. I called you on it and your reply was “that’s basically what I just said” which just wasn’t the case at all, you said something completely different but were spinning it so you could still come across as right. 

I get fact checked loads on here, everybody does. It’s fine to not know everything about everything, who fucking cares? Just go with the flow and hold your hands up to shit instead of getting defensive, and resorting to calling people fannies or what not. 😂

What?xD

Fuckinell :/

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Presenting it as fact?

Just the way it came across. And given it contradicts everything the reliable journalists are saying of course people are going to question it

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

This happens virtually all the time. 

We wanted to sign Tolisso in 2017, yet when he opted Bayern for us, we signed Bakayoko literally days later. Every club has a plan B

Yep, pretty sure Salah was plan B after we failed to land Brandt 

• Administrator

It staggers me that fans think clubs just go for one player at a time and then won't bid for another player until the first player transfer has been resolved.

Clubs are in negotiations with players/agents/both constantly. There's always a Plan B and way beyond. The way media operates is the problem, constantly sparking stories when there probably isn't, or getting tip-offs from agents to cause such smoke-screens or just fake bluster to spark interest.

Of course we had a plan A B C D E etc

All I was saying was since Edwards took over he is renowned for creating smokescreens whilst he gets deals done.

We dont leek info to journos like we used to. Klopp stopped that as soon as he walked through the door. 

Edwards uses the 'ITK' to his advantage when negotiating deals. He doesn't tell them the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth... and they are probably well paid for tweeting what Klopp and Edwards want them to tweet. 

I've spoke to a few people in and around the club (because most of my family live there) and its common knowledge that Lewis was a target but the Greek lad was always number 1 choice, mainly because his style of play suits us more and also because he was half the price. 

We literally snatched this kid from under Napoli's nose, who had been tracking him for 8 months. 

Why is everyone bitching about a back up LB anyway ffs 🙄 

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I've spoke to a few people in and around the club (because most of my family live there)

you got Jurgen on speed-dial or something xD 

Seems weird to try to have to save face and need to dub this guy the “first choice” - we’ve had our “second choices” signed in this window over our “first choice” and two of those players were Salah and Robertson.

Not being first on the list isn’t something that requires any sort of face-saving. It’s a list of people identified that the club thinks the player fits a certain profile of player that’ll help us and Klopp & Edwards’ team has identified them and what we’re willing to pay for them.

I don’t think it’s coincidental that we basically got a bid accepted by Olympiakos that was the exact same amount we were apparently willing to offer Norwich for Lewis. It seems this Greek lad is more developed but it feels like there’s more potential in Lewis because he’s younger and just had his very first top flight season - so I suspect the club thought if we could get “potential” for the same price we could get the “established” player that’s a better investment for the long term. But at the end of the day the goal was spending around £10-12m on a backup left back that would provide more cover/competition to Robertson.

@DeadLinesman works across the street from Anfield, he will confirm with his ITK knowledge

• The title was changed to Kostas Tsimikas Signs for Liverpool

Just seen some clips of him from this season against Wolves and Arsenal. He looks pretty fucking good tbh.

You’d have to be some left back to displace Andy Robertson, so good luck to him. But I think James Milner is probably the most happy about this, as it means it’s much less likely he’ll play at fullback for us ever again.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Just seen some clips of him from this season against Wolves and Arsenal. He looks pretty fucking good tbh.

You’d have to be some left back to displace Andy Robertson, so good luck to him. But I think James Milner is probably the most happy about this, as it means it’s much less likely he’ll play at fullback for us ever again.

Apparently he kept Traore pretty quiet the other night? Robertson might be looking forward to a rest against Wolves next season if that's the case. Had possibly his worst game for Liverpool up against Traore back in January

5 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Apparently he kept Traore pretty quiet the other night? Robertson might be looking forward to a rest against Wolves next season if that's the case. Had possibly his worst game for Liverpool up against Traore back in January

Kept pace with Traore at full sprint. I think if he settles in here he’ll be pretty fucking good, even if he’s only a backup.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Wolves were pretty poor to be fair but I really did like the look of Tsimikas, especially as we appeared to be interested a couple weeks back. Definitely very good going forward. Very much in the Klopp mould of player to fit in your team.

Archived