talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

7 hours ago, Stan said:

what's happened to Emerson Palmieri? He was a Conte signing, right? 

What happened to any of our signings? Apart from Morata none of them are playing, the first team players are piss poor from week to week but no changes are made. Fabregas was appalling all season long, we have Drinkwater and Bakayoko and both are ignored. It's not that they are an improvement, but you can't play the same team that isn't performing for months now.

7 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

Some people putting two and two together with regards to Rudiger and Conte. Rudiger wasn't even in the squad to face Southampton this weekend which comes after Rudiger's comments post-match against West Ham. Conte said before the game that there were no new fitness concerns going into the match this weekend and Conte said after the game that it was a tactical decision to leave Rudiger out. Maybe more to it? Who knows.

One thing's for sure is that Rudiger has been one of our better players this season.

Watch him being benched like Costa and Luiz for questioning Conte. He is perhaps the only signing that actually did well.

4 hours ago, True Blue said:

Watch him being benched like Costa and Luiz for questioning Conte. He is perhaps the only signing that actually did well.

Yeah, I wouldn't say Rudiger has been spectacular but he's been steady enough especially considering it's his first season here.

16 hours ago, Stan said:

what's happened to Emerson Palmieri? He was a Conte signing, right? 

Nope. Nether was Zappacosta. Baffeling really. 

I personally think Rudiger was one of our better performers this season. Him and Kante really. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Better than Rudiger in any case, or any of our defenders if by that matter. However not better than Kante agreed.

I disagree. 

Rudiger for me was solid throughout. Only the occasional hiccup. 

Felt Dave was beaten far too easily this season, even by some bang average players. This is a guy who is known for being the most versatile defender on the planet and one of the best man to man defenders. Needs to go back at RB. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Would of been legit if it had been Cesc instead of Drinkwater. 

Cesc is virtually undroppable. 

He's been mismanaged this season and has always had 'a handle with care' label on him. He was very good towards the end of last season, managed even to push Matic out the team and become a regular starter. I also remember a lot of interviews with him last season where he came across as very motivated and the added competition with Kante coming in seemed to get the best out of him in the end. As you know very well mate he needs to be managed well and if that's the case he's a great asset to have in the squad.

The story of his Chelsea career is that he was fucking amazing in the first half of the season in which he joined us, then his performances declined massively in the second half of that season. Was poor the following season (so was everyone). Last season, he wasn't a guaranteed starter and was struggling for game time in the first half but fair play to him, he knuckled down and played very well in the second half of last season and won himself a place in the team. Consistency was his problem at Barca as well and the fans there never really fully took to him either for a variety of reasons. This season he's been mostly poor, with some good bits here and there. 

I went to the game last night at Turf Moor and had 2 great days up there enjoying smashing weather & a win, which for a while looked like we would fall into a draw again with a performance much like West Ham at home.

It was my first time there & found the home fans produced a pretty good atmosphere even thou they were behind for much of the game. We played a little better than previous games I have seen live of late and seeing us with two up front was a rare treat.

Now I know I have been banging on about Morata ( Even when Cicero says everyone was happy when he was scoring before injury, check it out, not me) only having the one foot, running to his left so he gets to shoot with his right and his seemingly need to try and perform a Costa role, when we would prefer him to be just him. He was so average last night. I dont think he has grasped our officials will not give him free kicks everytime he falls to the floor and I believe he has to do the simple things right before he gets too technical in his play. I have said for years new signings from abroad get a free season, and Morata's is nearly up. I have to say he is a worry, especially as Giroud looks so much more at home. It's is going to be very interesting the decision making during the summer what we do with our forward players.

I have read Morata threw his toys out the pram when he was taken off? Well I couldnt see that from where I was sitting, but I had a very clear view of him through on goal, on his right foot and Bloody MISSING again. As the bloke sitting next to me who smelt like he had been standing in a Bacon smoker all day, he can only get better. I bloody hope so.

Other than that, Emerson looks great going forward with a good tight cross each time he gets a window to cross into. I guess we will know more defensively when he comes up against a team who will attack us, which Burnley didnt do much off.

Lastly, Bakayoko played much better, but its obvious to a blind man, without Fabregas in there the distribution from out midfield isnt at the standard we would hope for. Still, Baka is another in his first season and we must hope he produces much more next.

Wembley Sunday..... Fingers Crossed eh?

Biggest job in the summer is midfield. 

As you can see,  Kante is the  only midfielder we have of true quality, and is picking up the slack of Drinkwater, Cesc, and Bakayoko. 

Personally think the former two aren't good enough, whereas the only saving grace for Bakayoko is his age and the fact he's in a new league. 

Hypothetically speaking if our new manager reverts back to a 4-3-3, and we get rid of both Cesc and Drinkwater, this will give way to what, 4 available slots?

Loftus-Cheek and Van Ginkel deserve a chance. To which we can invest in two other midfielders of real quality as well. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Biggest job in the summer is midfield. 

As you can see,  Kante is the  only midfielder we have of true quality, and is picking up the slack of Drinkwater, Cesc, and Bakayoko. 

Personally think the former two aren't good enough, whereas the only saving grace for Bakayoko is his age and the fact he's in a new league. 

Hypothetically speaking if our new manager reverts back to a 4-3-3, and we get rid of both Cesc and Drinkwater, this will give way to what, 4 available slots?

Loftus-Cheek and Van Ginkel deserve a chance. To which we can invest in two other midfielders of real quality as well. 

I'd cream my pants if any of those two start for the club. Also i would prefer Loftus from the two as he is a youth academy product, while Van Ginkel is an established first team player at PSV. He will play in the Champions League next season and he is the captain, don't see us trying to hold him if the eight price comes along. Should have kept Chalobah and Loftus, but no we spent 75 mill on Bakayoko and Drinkwater.

7 minutes ago, True Blue said:

I'd cream my pants if any of those two start for the club. Also i would prefer Loftus from the two as he is a youth academy product, while Van Ginkel is an established first team player at PSV. He will play in the Champions League next season and he is the captain, don't see us trying to hold him if the eight price comes along. Should have kept Chalobah and Loftus, but no we spent 75 mill on Bakayoko and Drinkwater.

I can get behind having Kante, Reuben Loftus-Cheek, Van Ginkel, Bakayoko, and two quality centre mids to be honest. 

Need to put these past couple years of poor transfer activity behind us. 

Edited by Cicero