talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

What do you lads know about Isaac Christie-Davis?

Central/holding midfielder. When I first saw you lot got him, first thing that came to my mind was a potential Henderson long term replacement. Plays in a similar manner. 

Given the gulf in talent we have at our youth ranks, we seemed pretty contempt with not signing him a new deal. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

We've just took him on a free to go into our 21's haven't we?

Yeah. Other than Joe Cole, I quite like the other lads we've signed who've been dubbed "Chelsea rejects." Apparently we'd taken him on trial prior to signing him, so it seems to be a pretty well informed signing on our part, even though I know fuck all about youth football.

The path to first team football with us is more straightforward than at Chelsea though, and Chelsea have a surprisingly good academy (that they hate using to improve their first team for some reason)... so this could be win win for both the player, us... and even Chelsea because as @Cicero said they've got more kids to push through.

Willian:

Now you know why Willian got players player of the year.

Isaac Christie-Davis :

I have seen him play approx 50 times. He plays in a position in which we have 3-5 his age as good or better & younger players already playing to his standard.

It was announced back in early March he wouldnt be kept on & has had a number of trials with others without being offered terms before this Liverpool news.

We can't keep everyone & as others have proved, we can make a mistake or two, although they stand out far more on all the decisions we make right. I wish him well & hope he makes it with this wonderful opportunity.

Numerous players after the game were given the opportunity to say they wanted the manager to stay or at least talk up his time at the club. I didnt hear or read anyone one them gave him their backing\thanks n hopes for the future.

The buzz about yesterday was both Brazilians have told the club they would like to move on if Conte stays.

The game was terrible, pretty much exactly how we win most of our cups.  :D

Hazard showed again just how much better he is than every other player in this country.

Understand why Jones wasnt sent off, but the hand ball? wow.

Strange manager was back to his antics on the touchline, something thats been missing for most of the season.

My thoughts on United was their performance reminded me of Man City's in the final against Wigan and we should all remember what happened to their manager soon after.

Happy to win the FA Cup again and thankful for the money gained from my bookmaker.

Season over, decision to be made on weather to watch World Cup?

7 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

Numerous players after the game were given the opportunity to say they wanted the manager to stay or at least talk up his time at the club. I didnt hear or read anyone one them gave him their backing\thanks n hopes for the future.

The buzz about yesterday was both Brazilians have told the club they would like to move on if Conte stays.

The game was terrible, pretty much exactly how we win most of our cups.  :D

Hazard showed again just how much better he is than every other player in this country.

Understand why Jones wasnt sent off, but the hand ball? wow.

Strange manager was back to his antics on the touchline, something thats been missing for most of the season.

My thoughts on United was their performance reminded me of Man City's in the final against Wigan and we should all remember what happened to their manager soon after.

Happy to win the FA Cup again and thankful for the money gained from my bookmaker.

Season over, decision to be made on weather to watch World Cup?

Both Brazilians? There are three at the club, ya know? Don't forget that Emerson is actually Brazilian not Italian

Think Willian went over the line with that photo in which Conte is cut off, not a very professional thing to do. Obviously that there can't be a season that at some point the players don't turn against the manager. He lost it with Costa, Luiz and now Willian who to be honest i expected last from as he gave me an impression of a good pro. This could mean that he is off if we keep Conte, which is also highly unlikely in my opinion. He delivered two major trophies in two seasons, if he was just a bit less stubborn we would probably play Champions League football too. No clue what the board is planning but if he is getting sacked, find a new manager as soon as possible and try to get ready for next season as soon as possible.

• Upvote 1

Sky Sports Yellow Strip Breaking News 10am:  Sky Sports News Understands Willian wants to leave Chelsea if Antonio Conte remains manager.

Sky Sources: Manchester United interested in signing Willian from Chelsea this summer.

Thats like er, conformation of the buzz around Wembley Saturday.

Edited by The Liquidator
Add Time of Breaking news

Media outlets are latching onto quotes from a Chelsea Insider 9_9 who has poured ice on the story of Willian leaving for Manchester United.

“Willian loves Chelsea. The club means so much to him.

“It’s not even that he loves life in London. It’s Chelsea.

“He was on his way to Tottenham and did a U-turn to sign for Chelsea after all.”

Probably has about as much weight behind it as a anorexic Model, but it does paint a more common picture of Willian since his move to Chelsea.

As much as I stand up for the bloke, a straight swap for Martial catches ones imagination.

That seems more likely than the story of Lewandowski joining?

---------------------

Quotes taken from WestLondonSport media outlet

Edited by The Liquidator

I know its only Tuesday, but the lack of announcement of whether Conte will be staying or leaving is giving me some anxiety. This team has so much work to do in order to be a title contender next season, and the quicker we get the manager situation sorted, the better. 

With Romans new visa under pressure, are we worried at all?

It was invest 2 million into Britain and you got the Golden Visa for 3 n half years. Surly He has done more than that each year he has been here?

Maybe his mind is concentrating on this Visa over other pressing matters?