talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

There is no rush. The new manager, if there is one, wont have much say on new players so he just needs to be in place when the main players return from the world cup.

Courtois was genuinely shocked by the clubs announcement of ending contract talks. Simon Johnson has stated the player still thinks he will be at Chelsea as he has one year left. Me thinks if he is, Roman is in the mood to make an example of him. I like almost all other Chelsea fans I know are still of the opinion its bye bye time for him. As ever he continues to love a microphone in front of him giving an in depth interview on the concussion news from Loris Karius.

I was disappointed to hear Jody Morris has chosen to leave the club and join up with Frank. While I can fully under stand he probably gone as far as he could in our system, I am and always will be a bit of a Chelsea family dreamer & would love one of our own filtering through to either support the hot seat or take the chair themselves. Jody had built a wonderful reputation through his time with our youth team and its no surprize Frank has snapped him up. I am hoping John replaces Jody.

Amazing how many players we continue to be linked too considering how its been proved over the last month how much the media, both written and TV, know about the decision making at our club. 6 months since it started, they have given up guessing the day Conti will be moved on. Nobody got the Courtois bonbshell & most at one time or another have said Hazard was on his way to join up with his hero at Real.

• Upvote 1

The lack of activity is strikingly similar to the abomination that was last summer's transfer window. 

Surely the board and the club are not contempt with a squad that convincingly finished 5th? 

Edited by Cicero

51 minutes ago, Cicero said:

The lack of activity is strikingly similar to the abomination that was last summer's transfer window. 

Surely the board and the club are not contempt with a squad that convincingly finished 5th? 

Is it true that Roman has filled the board with people who are more like personal friends/business associates of his, rather than people with experience in running a football club? I've heard that said by a few Chelsea fans online on reddit, no idea if it's true. Seems a million miles away from when he first took Chelsea over though.

13 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Is it true that Roman has filled the board with people who are more like personal friends/business associates of his, rather than people with experience in running a football club? I've heard that said by a few Chelsea fans online on reddit, no idea if it's true. Seems a million miles away from when he first took Chelsea over though.

It really does show with the lack of identity, philosphy, and long term vision of the club. 

Like I said earlier, I'd give my left bollock just to spend a day and see what goes on in that board room. 

At this point, I reckon Conte will see out the remaining year. Envious at the club that will snatch up Sarri in the meantime. 

Looking forward to playing with 5 defenders at home against the likes of Fulham, Brighton, and Bournemouth and continuing on with the same passive, conservative, and tedious football. 

Can already feel the frusturation of next season. 

• Upvote 1

It's just all a mess at the moment... With the World Cup on top of that and some players being allowed to return back to training later depending on how some do and still no clear decision on the Management front just screams another messy season ahead.. 

How we can hope to pin down players on extending contracts when we can't even make a decision on what Manager is going to be in charge or for that matter get any new players to come and play for the club is beyond me.. We are becoming the new Arsenal... Below par in ambition and below par in performances... We are like a headless chicken... 

Laughable.. except I am not laughing

• Upvote 1

So effortless to sack managers yet the way we have been behaving these past 3 years, the gun needs to be firmly pointed at the board room. 

Ridiculous. Do we have a fucking manager or not?? Fucking amazing how we struggle to sign players, now we are struggling to appoint/sack a manager. Can't wait till this is over and the amount of deadlineday shitehouses we will pay over the odds for. 

Chelsea Football Club. 

Seriously wish I could perform this level of incompetence at my job and still fucking keep it. 

Edited by Cicero
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 6/8/2018 at 16:26, Cicero said:

So effortless to sack managers yet the way we have been behaving these past 3 years, the gun needs to be firmly pointed at the board room. 

Ridiculous. Do we have a fucking manager or not?? Fucking amazing how we struggle to sign players, now we are struggling to appoint/sack a manager. Can't wait till this is over and the amount of deadlineday shitehouses we will pay over the odds for. 

Chelsea Football Club. 

Seriously wish I could perform this level of incompetence at my job and still fucking keep it. 

I saw someone describe us as Chelsea-lite a few months ago because there are some quite strange similarities in the way both clubs operate. It seems like, similar to Chelsea, we've got this policy where if something goes wrong it has to be because of the manager and everyone else survives. I still think we've only backed Puel because Benitez shunned us.

You seem to have a similar kind of issue. I'm regularly updated by a Chelsea fan I talk to on what's going on there and it seems almost baffling from the outside. It's frustrating as hell when you see so many people calling for managers heads but letting everyone else off.

Clubs need to act quicker this summer. We've not got the time. Especially with the World Cup as well.

I wonder if you're going to have a year like 2015/16. You've probably got too much talent to bail you out of it but you seem almost stagnant to me with very obvious problems.

• Upvote 2

New pre season friendlies schedule:

Perth Glory - Chelsea, 23rd July - Perth, Australia 1f1e6_1f1fa.png?_nc_eui2=AeFfu-vFhFzXOmV🇦🇺

Inter Milan - Chelsea, 28th July - Nice, France 1f1f2_1f1eb.png?_nc_eui2=AeEd0PLbjmwX1Yi🇲🇫

Arsenal - Chelsea, 1st August - Dublin, Ireland 1f1e8_1f1ee.png?_nc_eui2=AeHR4bkdcNy3tW9🇨🇮

Manchester City - Chelsea, 5th August (Community Shield) - Wembley, England. 1f3f4_e0067_e0062_e0065_e006e_e0067_e007🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Chelsea - Lyon, 7th August - Stamford Bridge, England 1f3f4_e0067_e0062_e0065_e006e_e0067_e007🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Best days are behind him and is nothing more than a liability now. 

Sarri prefers athletic and technical midfielders. Cesc has no place in the team and I for one will enjoy not seeing him get ghosted past players anymore. So many players of his ability in La Liga, and the best part, they can actually run. 

• 2 weeks later...

Loan list so far

Ruben Sammut to Falkirk - Season long loan.

Baba Rahman to Schalke 04- Season long loan (18 months deal with a year left)

Trevoh Chalobah to Ipswich Town - Season long loan.

Reece James to Wigan Athletic - Season long loan.

Dujon Sterling to Coventry Town - Season long loan.

Nathan Baxter to Yeovil Town - Season long loan.

Lewis Baker to Leeds United - Season long loan.

We face City in the Community shield in 4 weeks, and the transfer window closes in 3. 

We have no idea who our manager will be, we have no idea which linked players will actually be signed, we have no idea if Hazard will stay, we have no idea if we will get rid of our dead weight players, and we have no idea what direction this club wants to take. 

Honestly, calling this a joke is actually being too nice.