talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

Doubt the board will give him till November given everything they've done to get secure him xD

He's a yes man, and a coach first. He told Marina he doesn't care about the transfer market given his main ambition in football is to train players. That literally is music to our board's ears. 

Edited by Cicero

40 minutes ago, Cicero said:

DiaDDPBVsAAFGOk.jpg:large

He's here 

Yeah, I have seen the chelsea TV stuff, I, along with others found it very strange there was no word of Zola during Sarri's intro today with the media.

We are already starting to think Zola is an appointment to appease those of us think this is a wrong manager.

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Doubt the board will give him till November given everything they've done to get secure him xD

He's a yes man, and a coach first. He told Marina he doesn't care about the transfer market given his main ambition in football is to train players. That literally is music to our board's ears. 

Maybe Nov is asking too much, but Big Phil and AVB say hello

8 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Maybe Nov is asking too much, but Big Phil and AVB say hello

Scolari was inexperienced at club level and was signed on name alone. AVB was and still is tactically naive. Playing a high line with Terry, Alex, and Ivanovic and having Cech as a sweeper keeper :rofl:

Edited by Cicero

Very excited about Sarri to be honest, even if there's some things about his personality that I may take a disliking to as the season unfolds. Very excited because of the style of football as that's what I'm an advocate of and I'm willing to give him a lot of time to embed his ideas. I praise the club for the new direction. At the same time because of his style, this has even more potential to go tits up and it's a bigger risk than having someone like Conte or Mourinho for example. Zola is a good appointment as I think he will work well to steady the ship and help get the players on Sarri's side however AVB also brought in Di Matteo as a number two when he became manager so this is not always a guarantee. 

On a random note, I could write a small book on AVB's problems. 

Can't wait for Zola to take over in December :D

Loan list update

Ruben Sammut to Falkirk - Season long loan.

Baba Rahman to Schalke 04- Season long loan (18 months deal with a year left)

Trevoh Chalobah to Ipswich Town - Season long loan.

Reece James to Wigan Athletic - Season long loan.

Dujon Sterling to Coventry Town - Season long loan.

Nathan Baxter to Yeovil Town - Season long loan.

Lewis Baker to Leeds United - Season long loan.

Jake Clarke-Salter to Vitesse - Season long loan.

Danilo Pantić to Partizan Belgrade - Season long loan.

Eduardo to Vitesse - Season long loan.

Kenedy to Newcastle - Season long loan.

Joao Rodríguez to Tenerife  - Season long loan.  

Kyle Scott to Telstar  - Season long loan.  

Jamal Blackman to Leeds United  - Season long loan.    

Todd Kane to Hull City  - Season long loan.    

Mason Mount to Derby County  - Season long loan.

16 in total.

If Thibaut Courtois leaves for Madrid to be with his family: then his abilities will be missed. Just as when Big Pete left for the Gooners to play first team football: and his abilities, character, personality, leadership, & intelligence were all greatly missed.

Coming home?

Should never have been allowed to leave. ~ Another poor Jose decision.

1 hour ago, The Liquidator said:

If Thibaut Courtois leaves for Madrid to be with his family: then his abilities will be missed. Just as when Big Pete left for the Gooners to play first team football: and his abilities, character, personality, leadership, & intelligence were all greatly missed.

Coming home?

Should never have been allowed to leave. ~ Another poor Jose decision.

I thought Cech was allowed to leave because of his great service to the club.  It not being right to let him sit on your bench when he could get first team football elsewhere.   Kind of like United allowing Phil Neville and Nicky Butt to leave to get first team football when they could have been decent squad players.  Sometimes you have to realise what a player has done for you and give them a break if they want to move on.

16 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

I thought Cech was allowed to leave because of his great service to the club.  It not being right to let him sit on your bench when he could get first team football elsewhere.   Kind of like United allowing Phil Neville and Nicky Butt to leave to get first team football when they could have been decent squad players.  Sometimes you have to realise what a player has done for you and give them a break if they want to move on.

You're spot on. Cech owed us nothing. Roman in fact was the one who decided to let Cech go to Arsenal given his home is in London. 

• Subscriber
34 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Wouldn't Pickford cost as much as Alisson?  If not more?

Think it was a joke but yes after his World Cup performances and the fact that he's young, English and on a long contract this summer Pickford would cost 2-3 times his actual value.

6 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Think it was a joke but yes after his World Cup performances and the fact that he's young, English and on a long contract this summer Pickford would cost 2-3 times his actual value.

Probably a joke that he was at Cobham, but there are stories of Chelsea's interest.

1 hour ago, Redcanuck said:

Jose had a choice at the time, TC or Big Pete. He chose TC for the season mainly because his contract was running out. That decision helped get TC to sign another contract, and Pete asked Roman if he could leave for another London club.

We should have got tosspot to sign his contract and then sold him, when his stock was at its highest. For me the wrong keeper was allowed to go and that's down to Jose. He choose TC and didnt have the decency to explain to Pete why. Years on, there is a chance we will go back to Pete. Just illuminates how bad a choice it was.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Wow RandoEFC.... Who's gonna tell him guys?

I don't get it? Can never tell if you're being serious or trying to wind up given that I saw you mention in a thread a day or two back that you "correctly predicted" that Salah wouldn't improve Liverpool.

This is what I'm referring too though admittedly it could be from any number of days or even years ago so I could be wrong:

21 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I don't get it? Can never tell if you're being serious or trying to wind up given that I saw you mention in a thread a day or two back that you "correctly predicted" that Salah wouldn't improve Liverpool.

This is what I'm referring too though admittedly it could be from any number of days or even years ago so I could be wrong:

Where is the Open being played?