talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

• Administrator

Pedro signs new deal til 2020

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45056014

Chelsea forward Pedro has signed a one-year contact extension that will keep him at Stamford Bridge until 2020.

Pedro, 31, joined the Blues from Barcelona in August 2015 for £21m and helped the club win the Premier League in 2016-17 and last season's FA Cup.

The Spain winger has scored 28 goals in 131 games and netted in pre-season against Perth Glory and Inter Milan.

"I am comfortable here and want to win new titles and trophies," said Pedro, who spent nine seasons at Barcelona.

On 12/04/2018 at 23:19, carefreeluke said:

Azpi very reliable and a class player, will go down as a legend at this club in my opinion. Adore the man. The slight problem with him though is that I really don't know what his best position is, how he'd perform in a more traditional and open back four in supposedly his best position at RB? He's one of the first on the team sheet for us no doubt but there's perhaps a reason why he hasn't obtained a more regular place in that Spain squad. Yes there's some very stiff competition but I don't know how good he would be playing in a more progressive / open team, probably still very good but there's always that doubt over him for me. 

It's a worry for me this season, Azpilicueta at right back. It wouldn't massively surprise me if he ended up doing very well there given the type of guy he is but it has to be he's most difficult season for Chelsea so far. He was dreadful today in my opinion as well.

Edited by carefreeluke

1 hour ago, Redcanuck said:

David Luiz the safest bet if I want a Chelsea defender in my fantasy team or should I just afford Chelsea defenders ?

Having a Chelsea defender in your fantasy team this season is about as safe as storing dynamite above the mantle of your fireplace.... 

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Having a Chelsea defender in your fantasy team this season is about as safe as storing dynamite above the mantle of your fireplace.... 

Ok great, was wondering that they may play to high a line and not pick up the clean sheets they normally do.

On the face of it, yesterdays fixture shouldn’t have any baring on the season ahead.

Alas the performance was so poor and worryingly lacked any kind of effort from the players or tactical change throughout the game by the manager to help turn the tide of City’s dominance.

Look I know I have flagged up the space between the defence and midfield when teams attack us in my thoughts after each of the pre-season games, but it was illuminated to a new level by City. The new signing is pretty damn useless without the ball. Fabregas is a non entity once the ball passes him towards our goal and poor Barkley, who is the only mobile midfielder out there, is rushing back after his managers suicidal high press, past his fellow two midfielders. The new signing ambles back as thou he knows he is a shoe-in for the starting 11. If you have the chance to watch the game again, take a look at the 4 defenders faces once the ball runs dead. Talk about a picture being painted of the missing midfielders. Also, the 2nd goal I counted 6 Chelsea players taken out by one ball (Including Alonso) into midfield. None of these managed to get back to help the exposed 3 defenders and standing still Jorginho. Too give the manager a little credit, he admitted there needs to be improvement defensively and spoke of lack of fitness in the middle of the park. I’d call it a lack of legs and discipline. Time will tell if he makes the correct decisions to put that right, cause if he does not, its going to be a bloody long season.

I felt the bloke wearing our number 29 shirt looked a carbon copy of the guy who used to wear the number 9 shirt. Both are fucking useless and I understand Richard Dunne pretty much said the same on BT.

I don’t care what anyone says… there is a player in Barkley and I was very pleasantly surprised to read the manager likes him a lot too. He will be helped when the better players return and having Giroud infront of him will also be a big bonus to him and the rest of the team. He will also benefit from the more disciplined Kante. I have said it before, Sarri says he likes to improve players, well he likes Barkley so over to you Mr. Sarri. He is getting what looks to be a very fit player who is motivated. Rare in this squad?

Just a word for Willy in goal who had a good game & kept the total conceded down to a almost respectable 2. Made me think, Someone at City looked at the gaff-prone Caballero while he was there, and thought: "Bravo will sort out all our problems." That really happened!

Anyone with an ounce of football understanding could write so much more on our terrible display yesterday. I will spare anyone who has got this far down my thoughts other than to say, hearing the manager say after the game “we have to work” had me shaking my head thinking “we have heard that before”

Obviously we have to give the “new” old guy time. His statement that we only need one more signing has him firmly in my idiot box cause very few of the players we currently have in our squad are suited to the high press high back line squeezing up the pitch tactic he seems unable to change through a game. Hand on heart, we have to understand this depleted Chelsea would never be ready to take on the runaway defending champions having worked on a completely new system for just three weeks.

Note to self:- Must take “chill pill” before during and after our games for the next 3 months as I suspect its gonna hurt lots before it gets better.

Meanwhile the two Belgium's return today ~ Oh to be a fly on the wall at that meet!

• Upvote 2

Think the only positive we can take out of this is the way we moved the ball. We struggled in the final third, but having Jorginho and 3 weeks into Sarri's football has had us out possess City at times. Don't think this has been the case in years. 

That's the thing. We are only 3 weeks. Some of the personal we have aren't good enough, however I'm still adamant that a couple new additions before the window shuts should give us some reassurance. 

7 minutes ago, True Blue said:

We already have a Bailey in Hudson Odoi, while Ramsey has glass knee's.

Ramsey has end product. Which is what the midfield currently needs. We have an elite ball winner in Kante, and an elite distributor in Jorginho. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Ramsey has end product. Which is what the midfield currently needs. We have an elite ball winner in Kante, and an elite distributor in Jorginho. 

He does, but what use if him if he can't manage to be fir for a month in a row?

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Why we have Barkley and Reuben Loftus-Cheek as backups B|

Think Loftus will leave on loan, hope not tough i love him. Barkley also looked decent in pre season, he needs time to adapt but could be a star performer this season. 

7 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Think Loftus will leave on loan, hope not tough i love him. Barkley also looked decent in pre season, he needs time to adapt but could be a star performer this season. 

At 35 million, we should be all over Ramsey. Granted one of Drinkwater/Bakayoko goes out. 

Just now, True Blue said:

Drinkwater is good as gone i think, we will probably give Bakayoko until January to prove he is a footballer.

Think It's Bakayoko gone. Sarri might want Drinkwater in that holding midfielder role to rotate with Jorginho. 

46 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Drinkwater would be the safer option imo, plus he is experienced in the league and English.

Recent news we are moving in on Fekir. We face Lyon tomorrow or Wednesday too. 

Absolute brilliant signing if we pull it off. 

Edited by Cicero

4 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Those fools at SSN are reporting Jack Butland is our top target to replace Courtois if he leaves.

GOD HELP US!!!

Don't believe it. It's old Sky rubbish that they are recycling. Add this to the Crouch, Carroll, and Agbonlahor rumors.