talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

Gents, while it looked like he could string a few passes together against a nothing side, let wait till Jorginho faces up to Huddersfield & finds out, when their players put his ass in the dirt and the referee waves play on, returning to tell to get up, that its no picnic playing in the middle of the park here. Then and only then will we know what we have on our hands. Of course one is hopeful.

Golovin would be very nice, but another light weight ~ For over a decade Arsenal were accused of being too light weight in both midfield and defence ~ My worry is we loose too much steel\strength for the benefit of pretty.

56 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

What I enjoyed about his play yesterday was that he kept things simple and effective.. has a good eye for a pass and moves the ball around quickly, does not dwell on it too much reducing the chances of being crowded out or being caught in possession.. Looking at the way we went about the game yesterday the passing was geared up to one or two touches and quick passing movements.. 

It would be nice to be fighting for the Title and all that but I would put good attractive attacking football above silverware in Sarri's first season.. It would make a nice change if the team had some attacking intent going into matches rather than being defensively minded as we have done in the past... Defending when needed is part of the game but shouldn't be a fucking 90 minute mission...  

And there we have it..... Arsenal Tottenham n Liverpool all rolled into one.  :dam:

Fairly certain Liquidator Term-X's greatest fantasy is to have Sarri sacked in November,  with Mourinho returning and bringing in his dire and cowardly football that is so outdated, we'd in fact be going backwards whilst the likes of Liverpool, City, Arsenal, and Spurs continue to progress. 

Thank god he isn't in charge. 

And you would have us made into a cabaret act brought on after the seasons trophies have been handed out on a highlight reel for punters to say arhhhhhh aint they pretty.

That's what Liverpool Arsenal and Tottenham are. By the sound of things you and Bluewolf are happy for us to stop being WINNERS and become a nearly club.

Sarri? He Better Fucking Win!

1 hour ago, The Liquidator said:

Gents, while it looked like he could string a few passes together against a nothing side, let wait till Jorginho faces up to Huddersfield & finds out, when their players put his ass in the dirt and the referee waves play on, returning to tell to get up, that its no picnic playing in the middle of the park here. Then and only then will we know what we have on our hands. Of course one is hopeful.

Golovin would be very nice, but another light weight ~ For over a decade Arsenal were accused of being too light weight in both midfield and defence ~ My worry is we loose too much steel\strength for the benefit of pretty.

I don't think anyones getting carried away after just one friendly game, His tests will be a lot tougher as the season goes on and he may need a little time to adapt but it's not as if he is a raw recruit is he.. He has a decent amount of experience behind him which I am fairly sure will be put to good use.. 

1 hour ago, The Liquidator said:

And there we have it..... Arsenal Tottenham n Liverpool all rolled into one.  :dam:

You forgot City... Won the title while playing some of the most attractive football in the league, We won the league and cup with Ancelotti playing attractive attacking football, It's not like it can't be done... 

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

You forgot City... Won the title while playing some of the most attractive football in the league, We won the league and cup with Ancelotti playing attractive attacking football, It's not like it can't be done... 

You mean to tell me that good teams can play good football as well? Rubbish.

7 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

So we are going to win the league now?

3 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

So we are going to win the league now?

We at least won't get left behind? I'll sacrifice a season of not winning anything for a top 4 finish and Sarri given enough time to implement his ideas. 

You seem to forget our most successful season ever came by playing the best football we've ever played. 

City have built a foundation for success that will carry them forward for years under Guardiola 

Liverpool and Klopp seem to follow the same path. 

Spurs will only continue to get stronger under Poch. 

Arsenal finally had the balls to get rid of Wenger and appoint a manager who is known for implementing good attacking sides. 

It may have worked in the past, but there is no way we can continue to win silverware with the way we are treating managers. Not with how the other top 6 clubs are run

Just now, Bluewolf said:

I know... I am such an unrealistic dreamer.... but to be fair I have known it happen.. honest! 

Now I can accept that!

I just hope people can see what I am poorly trying to get across. I spent my younger life following my club around the country watching them lose while I along with others would win on the terraces. Yeah, like you I was a dreamer. All I wanted was Chelsea to be successful. With a mixture of Roman and Jose, our club became a winning machine and I for one, never want us to change.

I am uncomfortable with this appointment. All our successful managers during this golden period were already winners. This bloke isnt and while I am open to us playing a more attractive style of football, if that is the detriment to our Trophy cabinet becoming like Arsenal Liverpool n Spurs, then count me out.

16 minutes ago, Cicero said:

We at least won't get left behind? I'll sacrifice a season of not winning anything for a top 4 finish and Sarri given enough time to implement his ideas. 

You seem to forget our most successful season ever came by playing the best football we've ever played. 

City have built a foundation for success that will carry them forward for years under Guardiola 

Liverpool and Klopp seem to follow the same path. 

Spurs will only continue to get stronger under Poch. 

Arsenal finally had the balls to get rid of Wenger and appoint a manager who is known for implementing good attacking sides. 

It may have worked in the past, but there is no way we can continue to win silverware with the way we are treating managers. Not with how the other top 6 clubs are run

I am sorry feller ~ This posting is exactly why we dont get on ~ I agree with nothing of this spiel ~ It's as thou you have swallowed the Guardiola load and now spitting from his song sheet.

By the way, our most successful season? We got knocked out the CL early which allowed us to win the league on the last day of the season. Remember who knocked our brilliant style of playing team out of the CL ~ & who went on to lift the Trophy?   Yeah, enough said

4 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

I am sorry feller ~ This posting is exactly why we dont get on ~ I agree with nothing of this spiel ~ It's as thou you have swallowed the Guardiola load and now spitting from his song sheet.

By the way, our most successful season? We got knocked out the CL early which allowed us to win the league on the last day of the season. Remember who knocked our brilliant style of playing team out of the CL ~ & who went on to lift the Trophy?   Yeah, enough said

Bit rich coming from a bloke who'd gladly have Mourinho shag his missus. You're not fooling anyone Term-X 

Enough said xD You do realise your point would be completely invalid if both Ballack and Drogba got their clear penalties awarded during the 2nd leg don't you?

But even that is aside the point, we played our best ever football which contributing to us having our best ever season. 

Since you like throwing out piss poor parallels, here's one for you. How come Ancelotti was able to win the double when we got knocked out the first round of the CL, and beat everyone in the top 4 home and away,  yet Mourinho only won the league and league cup in 2015 when we got knocked out in the first round of the CL? Also, how come Ancelotti finished 2nd the season after, and Mourinho 10th?

30 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Bit rich coming from a bloke who'd gladly have Mourinho shag his missus. You're not fooling anyone Term-X 

Enough said xD You do realise your point would be completely invalid if both Ballack and Drogba got their clear penalties awarded during the 2nd leg don't you?

But even that is aside the point, we played our best ever football which contributing to us having our best ever season. 

Since you like throwing out piss poor parallels, here's one for you. How come Ancelotti was able to win the double when we got knocked out the first round of the CL, and beat everyone in the top 4 home and away,  yet Mourinho only won the league and league cup in 2015 when we got knocked out in the first round of the CL? Also, how come Ancelotti finished 2nd the season after, and Mourinho 10th?

Your not very old are you ~ 20's ?

25 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I've noticed @The Liquidator isn't very  good when legitimate questions and valid points are thrown back at him. He always seems to revert to throwing insults!

Something you would expect from a teen to be honest.

Not very old are you @The Liquidator - teens?

Ahhh I really got you over the months mate ~ See this as your chance to catch a few back?  ~ Id shhhh if I was you. your far too easy ~ Remember?

As things stand, don't think we have enough to make top 4. Especially given how other clubs in the top 6th have strengthened. 

Morata shows no signs of improvement and Giroud isn't good enough to be a regular starter. Great option off the bench. 

Pedro is a good squad option but not as a starter. Willian's slowing down of play and lack of end product provides no benefit in Sarri's system. 

Barkley is a risk, Reuben Loftus-Cheek doesn't have the work rate nor end product to start for us, and Fabregas has a good 20 minutes a game before his legs are gone. 

Really hope the Jorginho signing wasn't a smokescreen for the board to continue behaving the way they've had the past few seasons.

2 weeks left of the window, for things to change.