talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

Pre season starts in 17 days time, we are yet to find a new manager (if Conte doesn't stay). We are yet to be linked with any player bar Golovin, also no clue who is staying or going.

Tempted to write an email to the club, to remind them we can only sign players until 9th August i am certain they forgot about it.

In other news the loan army is getting bigger, Danilo Pantić is the 9th players loaned out with several in que.

On 6/19/2018 at 15:08, Cicero said:

Best days are behind him and is nothing more than a liability now. 

Sarri prefers athletic and technical midfielders. Cesc has no place in the team and I for one will enjoy not seeing him get ghosted past players anymore. So many players of his ability in La Liga, and the best part, they can actually run. 

That's been the case most of his career mate. If he doesn't suit the new manager's style fair enough but under the right conditions and management Cesc is still an asset. I'm not saying he should be a starter but when managed well, he's a fantastic player. 

Edited by carefreeluke

Update:

Ruben Sammut to Falkirk - Season long loan.

Baba Rahman to Schalke 04- Season long loan (18 months deal with a year left)

Trevoh Chalobah to Ipswich Town - Season long loan.

Reece James to Wigan Athletic - Season long loan.

Dujon Sterling to Coventry Town - Season long loan.

Nathan Baxter to Yeovil Town - Season long loan.

Lewis Baker to Leeds United - Season long loan.

Jake Clarke-Salter to Vitesse - Season long loan.

Danilo Pantić to Partizan Belgrade - Season long loan.

Eduardo to Vitesse - Season long loan.

Bye Hazard. 

It was a pleasure having you. 

Can't see him staying on if Conte is still here. Now there are reports that Sarri will be announced at the end of the week xD

Like Denzel Washington said, "Media doesn't care about the truth. Only thing they care about, is who's first" 

Edited by Cicero

Everybody at Chelsea's training ground must have felt so awkward today. From Antonio, to the players, to the day to day staff. Some form of announcement from somebody behind the scenes, whether it's Roman or somebody like Buck, who either publicly backs Antonio or states that Sarri is the man they want is surely the logical way to go about things.

4 hours ago, Cicero said:

Bye Hazard. 

It was a pleasure having you. 

Can't see him staying on if Conte is still here. Now there are reports that Sarri will be announced at the end of the week xD

Like Denzel Washington said, "Media doesn't care about the truth. Only thing they care about, is who's first" 

They have been saying that every fucking week... It's all such a cluster fuck.. Stay or go, stick with or replace just make an announcement of some sort for gods sake and put the fans, the players and any potential recruits out of their misery will ya!!! 

What a bunch of Muppets... 

• Upvote 1

It looks as thou the club and Conte's people have been playing the ultimate game of football chicken and we should be thankful, as Chelsea fans, we have had the World Cup and the luckiest draw for our country in living memory to take the media's eye off what is really going on at Stamford Bridge.

The media have no idea, with a new guess being banded about each passing week and Sarri being announced as new manager most Mondays, only for the day to pass and nothing new at the club.

I have to be honest I dont want Sarri anywhere near my club, although the news that Zola might become his number two softened my stance with the hope Sarri finds his way out of the club as quickly as AVB with Zola taking over as Robbie once did. That would be everything for me.

So if I dont want Sarri, would I be ok with Conte seeing out his contract? Well it dont really matter what I think, its some of our players, key players for that matter who might decide to follow through with the rumblings of not wanting to be around if Conte is.

Obviously Willian is the obvious transfer to happen and to be frank, 70+M would be find for me. It wouldnt damage us that much and if he went abroad instead of staying in the country, then the damage would be non existent.

Hazard is a completely different matter. While I would not blame him whatsoever if he left as he has been a model pro while with us and for my mind one of the main reasons we have won the league twice in the last 4 years. For sure Jose's last title with us was 80% down to Hazard, it would hit us as much as losing Costa did last season. Talking of Costa, how did you feel watching his performance for Spain against Portugal? We all saw in that game why we finished outside the top four last season.

So can we get passed the loss of these players? I dont know..... Can the club attract the level of player we once did with ease, what with a dead duck manager in place and no CL football? I think if we knew the answer to this question it would help us be far more confident in answering the former question.

I think the best thing for us Chelsea fans is to be as open minded with whats going on at the club in the hope there is somebody there who knows what they are doing.

Of course there might be something else why no decision making yet. No players in or out for Money and no decision over the manager...... Possible the owner is working on selling the club?

Edited by The Liquidator
Posted before I had finished

The only players in my opinion that would be happy with Conte staying on are Moses, Alonso, and Cahill. And it's no surprise they are our biggest liabilities in the starting XI. They know if a manager, like Sarri, steps in, they have no chance given their technical weaknesses. 

Rudiger stated he hates the way we play. The fact we always invite pressure

Christensen isn't a defender that is tailor made for a defensive system. 

And I doubt the likes of Hazard, Pedro, Azpilicueta, Kante, and Willian enjoy playing in a system with 5 defenders at home against the likes of Brighton, Bournemouth, and Huddersfield. 

No disrespect to Conte and his accomplishments, but I already wrote a fucking novel on the reasoning behind why both the club and Conte are better off separated. 

The fact that the club has stalled on any kind of comment at all does not bode well... They have not rushed out to back Conte which is hardly a ringing endorsement is it and they have allowed rumour and speculation to rear it's ugly head in every dark corner across the the whole of the summer so where does that leave us?? 

They said they would be making an announcement about Conte's future at the end of the season? have we rushed in too early as fans and stupidly assumed it would be this season?? Maybe they were talking about next season.. of course I jest 

It's possible that Conte has played a blinder saying if you want me out then you have to pay the whole whack and nothing less which is estimated to be around 9Mill if you believe what they are reporting and the club may have tried to bluff him out on a lower package and failed which means he will stay to see out his contract. It's also possible that this so called deal with Sarri which has been hanging around like a bad smell may have also been kicked into touch due to the compensation factor. The club could have been looking at around 14Mill just to change Managers ( if indeed that was always the plan ) and probably something they were hacking away at to bring down to as little as possible before pushing anything concrete through.. 

I am also curious where this would leave Sarri if Conte is indeed going to stay? Ancelotti's appointment seemed to trigger that Sarri was well on his way out and might have led us to believe that some deal had been struck already and that only the finer points needed ironing out but if Conte stays then what happens to Sarri?? Not that I should be overly concerned about him in particular but the whole will he/won't he saga has just left everyone shaking their heads... 

I understand that there was a little disharmony over training as well, with players reporting back on Saturday and Conte telling staff not to come back until Monday and of course all the players ( of which some have already voiced their opinions ) will not be keen on returning if Conte is still there which just throws another stink bomb in an already overcrowded lift... So you feel some moves are just destined to happen, mostly going out with very little in the way of inward transfers.. 

So unprofessional the way the club have handled things so far this season and does not invoke much confidence for the coming season.. 

“Tomorrow Jorginho will be in London to sign for Chelsea. Total agreement with Napoli for €65-70m. Five-year contract worth €4.5 million for Jorginho, who will take #8 from Barkley.

Chelsea will announce Maurizio Sarri on Wednesday in ‘spectacular fashion’, announcement being prepared behind the scenes.”

Yeah I'm logging off for the week xD

BS after BS after BS after BS 

7 hours ago, True Blue said:

I apologize for the shit rumours we post here, but they just don't stop. Now apparently we will get Sarri and Jorginho in a double deal.

Looks to be true. Napoli president just confirmed it. 

From Cesc, Bakayoko, and Kante....to potentially Golovin, Jorginho, and Kante. 

Drinkwater probably the most likely on his way out (wishful thinking)

Bakayoko is still raw, and has proven to be useful in the big games. Given we sign those mentioned, going into next season with Kante, Jorginho, Golovin, Bakayoko, Cesc, and Barkley, would be pretty nice. 

Not much enthusiasm on my Chelsea football board for Sarri's intro today. While he says a couple of things that fills one with hope, the underlining thing is he hasnt won anything.

Isnt it strange there wasnt a word about Zola?

It's quite simple, if playing open attacking football means we win nothing, its best he fucks off now. Give him till November and then a decision must be made.

Edited by The Liquidator
poorly written... as ever ~rollseyes~