talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

Some of the loaned out players could be first team players, however we have some players on loan since forever like Piazon, Kalas etc. Sell them or play them, i understand the system with many loanee's but no point in loaning them for five plus seasons.

I happen to think what is most important for this team is to find that goal, second goal when we have our long periods of domination in games, which this season, we have been unable to put teams away.

Since Giroud has given us a target man, its highlighted the loss of Costa and what fell off him around their box. It was a huge part of our last two titles. Giroud is nice, but I think we should try for better.

I am not a fan of Reuben Loftus-Cheek and less so of Van Ginkel. I have not seen the latter enough this season to be able to say if he deserves another chance. My memory of him was a boy wayyyyy out of his depth who's poor control got himself badly injured.

One of the main things I would do in the summer is sit down with David Luiz and ask him about turning out in midfield, infront of Christensen. Would take for him to have the discipline he showed when he first returned. I believe that would fill one of the holes you feel need to be filled.

Plenty of other shit, but before ones nails ones bollocks to anything, best to see who is going to be picking the team.

2 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

I happen to think what is most important for this team is to find that goal, second goal when we have our long periods of domination in games, which this season, we have been unable to put teams away.

Since Giroud has given us a target man, its highlighted the loss of Costa and what fell off him around their box. It was a huge part of our last two titles. Giroud is nice, but I think we should try for better.

I am not a fan of Reuben Loftus-Cheek and less so of Van Ginkel. I have not seen the latter enough this season to be able to say if he deserves another chance. My memory of him was a boy wayyyyy out of his depth who's poor control got himself badly injured.

One of the main things I would do in the summer is sit down with David Luiz and ask him about turning out in midfield, infront of Christensen. Would take for him to have the discipline he showed when he first returned. I believe that would fill one of the holes you feel need to be filled.

Plenty of other shit, but before ones nails ones bollocks to anything, best to see who is going to be picking the team.

Problem is we've spent money on depth, instead of spending on quality. I've said it a few times on here but the amount we spent on Drinkwater was baffling. There was no way he was bought in to be a starter and Conte and the club created a gap in terms of squad cover that didn't need to be there.

That money should have been spent on better quality and that price doesn't necessarily need to be over 50M (or excessive) there's plenty of midfielders I can think of in La Liga at the moment, that one would add quality and two would also be at a decent price.

I miss Luiz.

7 hours ago, Cicero said:

Biggest job in the summer is midfield. 

As you can see,  Kante is the  only midfielder we have of true quality, and is picking up the slack of Drinkwater, Cesc, and Bakayoko. 

Personally think the former two aren't good enough, whereas the only saving grace for Bakayoko is his age and the fact he's in a new league. 

Hypothetically speaking if our new manager reverts back to a 4-3-3, and we get rid of both Cesc and Drinkwater, this will give way to what, 4 available slots?

Loftus-Cheek and Van Ginkel deserve a chance. To which we can invest in two other midfielders of real quality as well. 

Barkley? 😂

I like Loftus-Cheek and his brief appearance for England showed he has a lot of quality, but needs time to push on at Chelsea.

13 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

Problem is we've spent money on depth, instead of spending on quality. I've said it a few times on here but the amount we spent on Drinkwater was baffling. There was no way he was bought in to be a starter and Conte and the club created a gap in terms of squad cover that didn't need to be there.

That money should have been spent on better quality and that price doesn't necessarily need to be over 50M (or excessive) there's plenty of midfielders I can think of in La Liga at the moment, that one would add quality and two would also be at a decent price.

I miss Luiz.

Massive truth in your words... The Drinkwater signing needs some explaining, the best I have heard is whoever got the credit for the Kante signing was allowed to bring his partner for the double wammy. Obviously it could still come to fruition, but its not looking likely as the present manager has not shown much love to him or wanting to couple him with his Leicester partner.

Your better quality point is very much how I feel about Giroud, he is nice, but we can do better.

16 hours ago, True Blue said:

Some of the loaned out players could be first team players, however we have some players on loan since forever like Piazon, Kalas etc. Sell them or play them, i understand the system with many loanee's but no point in loaning them for five plus seasons.

I understand your sentiment, just struggle to pin point any who would be nothing more than bench warmers. Other then the two players you mention in the above posting, do you suggest any others to stake a claim as a first teamer and which ones would you now sell?

27 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Haha ~ Still watching games wearing a blindfold?  :dam: ..... Actually, I take that back... You have proved seeing games you can be this wrong.  :ay:

Nope. I see a man who's positional sense, awareness, and discipline that isn't good enough to be in midfield. 

Love how you wont ever consider to lessen your reputation of constantly using ad hominems. God forbid someone disagrees with you. 

Moran 

Edited by Cicero

I dont suffer fools Cicero and you have proven beyond doubt you dont know our club. I have tried to allow you some slack, but when you talk total garbage, such as on David Luiz, you get both barrels.

I have been doing this for many years, contributing & running football boards & it truly isnt worth my time trying to educate people with football sense. It's far simpler to hit between the eyes and hope there is enough floating between your ears to register to think before commenting, especially if its addressed to me!

You are obviously offended by my posting, which was EXACTLY what I was looking to achieve. The hurt you are feeling will do you far more good than having me explain why Luiz plays the holding position well.

You should take a leaf out of Luke's postings who writes well balanced opinion, instead of running with the Pants down gang talking bollocks for ratings.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

I dont suffer fools Cicero and you have proven beyond doubt you dont know our club. I have tried to allow you some slack, but when you talk total garbage, such as on David Luiz, you get both barrels.

I have been doing this for many years, contributing & running football boards & it truly isnt worth my time trying to educate people with football sense. It's far simpler to hit between the eyes and hope there is enough floating between your ears to register to think before commenting, especially if its addressed to me!

You are obviously offended by my posting, which was EXACTLY what I was looking to achieve. The hurt you are feeling will do you far more good than having me explain why Luiz plays the holding position well.

You should take a leaf out of Luke's postings who writes well balanced opinion, instead of running with the Pants down gang talking bollocks for ratings.

You really are a sad case of illogical fallacies. Aren't you in your 50's?

Anyone who refutes your arguments, you attack their character every time and not bring forth anything reasonable to counter with. This shows your process of thinking and failure to provide any reasoning that renders your argument valid. This is something I'd expect from a child. 

Always amusing when people think there is something wrong with the world vs themselves. True signs of a psychopath. 

Edited by Cicero

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

You really are a sad case of illogical fallacies. Aren't you in your 50's?

Anyone who refutes your arguments, you attack their character every time and not bring forth anything reasonable to counter with. This shows your process of thinking and failure to provide any reasoning that renders your argument valid. This is something I'd expect from a child. 

Always amusing when people think there is something wrong with the world vs themselves. True signs of a psychopath. 

Sorry Cicero.... Let me explain myself in plain English for you to understand.

I have worked you out ~ I gave you as much slack as I could over many months as you are a fellow Chelsea fan ~ Alas, you are not worthy.

If the pain of rejection is too much for you, crawl back to those of your level ~ Plenty of them here for you to bullshit with.

Moran & now Psychopath.... good job I am not weak minded like yourself. I get the feeling you was very popular with the bigger boys in the playground.

• Upvote 1

6a00d8341c652b53ef013480307733970c-800wi

I await the day you bring forth a counter argument for once during your time on this forum. I'm sure i'll be waiting long. 

Continue to ignore society and the world's views and opinions. Disregard and ignore the members of this forums' views and opinions. Ignore the person who you are arguing with who has an extensive knowledge in critical thinking and understands the foundations in constructing a valid argument. 

Ignore all that. Your views are  the only ones that are right and the world is wrong. And if they refute it, call them names. Because that's what adults do. 

Edited by Cicero
  • Upvote 1

I have explained.... You are not worthy of any education put your way.... For months I tried to help you see the error of your ways nailing your bollocks to Christensen, only for the boy to help cost us our season with a number of mistakes forecast by myself.

If you cant understand I have seen know nothings like yourself for years and know full well it dont matter what counter opinions I put to you.... YOU WONT FUCKING LEARN.... you will just continue to split hairs trying to get a foothold into something you have made an ass of yourself over. It's\you are not worth my time.

It's that simple.

Your hurting bad, I know that.... maybe not a record breaking in your next post.... more like your heart.

Im done with you :ay:

• Upvote 1

I'd personally be gutted if we sold Alonso. Emerson and Alonso are both great options at LB for several years. Both have their own unique qualities. Emerson obviously should be looked at 1st choice. 

Cesc on the other hand is my preferred midfielder to be sold first. I prefer having midfielders that can actually run. The way players have ghosted past him this season has been nothing short of criminal. We can find better alternatives in La Liga. Couple of which are  Soler and Guedes. 

We need energy and technical players in our midfield moving forward. 

9 hours ago, Cicero said:

I'd personally be gutted if we sold Alonso. Emerson and Alonso are both great options at LB for several years. Both have their own unique qualities. Emerson obviously should be looked at 1st choice. 

Cesc on the other hand is my preferred midfielder to be sold first. I prefer having midfielders that can actually run. The way players have ghosted past him this season has been nothing short of criminal. We can find better alternatives in La Liga. Couple of which are  Soler and Guedes. 

We need energy and technical players in our midfield moving forward. 

Could perhaps tolerate Alonso as a number two, an amazing free kicker but there's nothing else to his game for me. I've always preferred Moses.

Overall a big big overhaul won't be needed as people suggest. I think in a different system the standard 5 in and five out would work with upgrading some academy players to the first team. If we part with Antonio i hope to God for once we get a manager that likes attacking football, plus without Antonio the 343 should be ditched.

16 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

Could perhaps tolerate Alonso as a number two, an amazing free kicker but there's nothing else to his game for me. I've always preferred Moses.

I can't bare Moses any furthur. His limitations in attack have cost us so much this season. 

Alonso contributes to the attack. Not in what we want him to do (beat players and whip in a cross) but he is a goal threat when given the opportunity. 

Still interesting to see how he does at LB vs LWB. Rumors of him leaving might be true 

Conte was frustrated by Chelsea's failure to secure all three points earlier with a second goal against Swansea, and admitted that a lack of ruthlessness has been the undoing of the dethroned Premier League champions.

"Our top scorer has scored only 12 goals," Conte said in his postmatch news conference. "When your top scorer only gets 12 goals then it is hard to fight for something important, to fight for trophies."

Speaking to BT Sport, he added: "We could be more clinical to kill the game, instead we keep the score at 1-0 and anything can happen until the end.

Media outlet ESPN

---------------------------------

As I said the most important thing we have to do during the summer is fix this problem of not being able to kill off games through scoring more..... However

Reading what our manager is free n easy expressing of late for me is just another frustrating nail in his Chelsea career coffin. Lets think back to probably our hardest run of fixtures around 2 months ago and our manager, who is now kind enough to state what I have been saying for most of our season, decided to play our best player alone up front in the so called "false Nine" description. For me, it's his decisions in how to set us up which has been a major contributor to our lack of goals.

That and our 60M CF only having the one foot. Oh and why has it taken so long for Giroud to start a league game?

19 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Conte was frustrated by Chelsea's failure to secure all three points earlier with a second goal against Swansea, and admitted that a lack of ruthlessness has been the undoing of the dethroned Premier League champions.

"Our top scorer has scored only 12 goals," Conte said in his postmatch news conference. "When your top scorer only gets 12 goals then it is hard to fight for something important, to fight for trophies."

Speaking to BT Sport, he added: "We could be more clinical to kill the game, instead we keep the score at 1-0 and anything can happen until the end.

Media outlet ESPN

---------------------------------

As I said the most important thing we have to do during the summer is fix this problem of not being able to kill off games through scoring more..... However

Reading what our manager is free n easy expressing of late for me is just another frustrating nail in his Chelsea career coffin. Lets think back to probably our hardest run of fixtures around 2 months ago and our manager, who is now kind enough to state what I have been saying for most of our season, decided to play our best player alone up front in the so called "false Nine" description. For me, it's his decisions in how to set us up which has been a major contributor to our lack of goals.

That and our 60M CF only having the one foot. Oh and why has it taken so long for Giroud to start a league game?

Those were some strange comments after the game, strange. There have been times when Conte's level of English hasn't helped since he's been here. For example perhaps some things he's said in the past have come across stronger because of his lack of ability to express himself well enough in English or his lack of full understanding of some of the questions that have been asked, sometimes I think he interprets some of the questions wrong as well. Also, there are times when he completely answers a different question to the one he was asked and this is not done purposely (like a politician for example), just simply he misunderstands the English. Not to knock his English level, his English is good and to learn a language isn't easy (and I know that very well), credit to him for learning English quickly and having the confidence to speak it in front of many people. I think sometimes we have to be more aware of this when taking into account what he is saying.

However, this wasn't one of those times and again I don't know what his comments achieve in this case. Directed towards the attacking players and therefore you'd automatically assume a player we bought for big money last summer, Morata who seems like he needs to be wrapped in cotton wall at all times and who has fragile confidence issues. Conte's comments all season haven't helped the team, I don't care what he was promised by the club and what relationship he has with those within it, he is perhaps the biggest reason why we've come up short this season. The media and the outside will try to bring negativity in, even after one game (this is true at all clubs) but more so at ours because of the managerial merry go round we've had over the years but Conte's done more than added fuel to the fire, he's helped keep those clouds of negativity there and elevated the bad weather conditions. Ironically he's been more positive in the media in recent weeks and the results have improved. This isn't even talking about his tactics which were a problem even in the away win at Swansea on the weekend. He's not solely the problem, there's others (the board and players) but he still takes a big proportion of that blame.