talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Your Mental Image of Other Members

football forum

2 hours ago, Spike said:

If you think I speak slow, you should hear my uncle. His has a deep voice like mine but he talks in a slick Matthew McConaughey style, the ladies love it.

Do you find American chicks like the Aussie accent? I've always been under that impression, as a generalisation of course. 

6 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Do you find American chicks like the Aussie accent? I've always been under that impression, as a generalisation of course. 

Yeah but they think I am English/Scottish/South African/Kiwi. Do I have stories about that

37 minutes ago, Spike said:

Yeah but they think I am English/Scottish/South African/Kiwi. Do I have stories about that

I honestly think we sound different to all of those (except kiwi I understand), the others I do not understand. Oh little Americans.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

1 hour ago, Spike said:

I listened to my voice after yours to compare it and I sound fake. I hate hearing my voice recording 

Listened to both of you and you sound like fair dinkum Aussies xD

I tried recording myself but it's not working on this small laptop so I will try it on my other laptop which is bigger when I have time.

My accent is a funny one as when I first came back from Australia in 1972 I had a fair dinkum Aussie accent but living back in the UK since then and working in England off and on over the years and then settling in Scotland my accent now is a funny one and people often ask where I am from as they cant work my accent out.

I tend to speak Scottish when speaking to Scots people then English if speaking to the latter, yet when I speak to an Aussie the little bit of the fair dinkum bit comes out in me. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Listened to both of you and you sound like fair dinkum Aussies xD

I tried recording myself but it's not working on this small laptop so I will try it on my other laptop which is bigger when I have time.

My accent is a funny one as when I first came back from Australia in 1972 I had a fair dinkum Aussie accent but living back in the UK since then and working in England off and on over the years and then settling in Scotland my accent now is a funny one and people often ask where I am from as they cant work my accent out.

I tend to speak Scottish when speaking to Scots people then English if speaking to the latter, yet when I speak to an Aussie the little bit of the fair dinkum bit comes out in me. 

I knew you were a true blue bloody ripper

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

As were mine. I'm first gen, but you can't take Berkeley out of the boy as they say. 

I also have a sleeve tattoo and ride a cruiser so...

Lmao driving a cruiser not in the bush. Concrete cowboy over here

6 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I hate mullets. Sometimes have a moustache 

A Hungarian woman gave me a haircut on the Sunny Coast and my hair was long shoulder length, but I had enough of it. So she cuts it and it looks short and I'm like whatever DILIGAF get back to the flat and have a shower, wash the hair, get out and dry it. It's a fucking Bono mulletBono Vox - U2 shared by Guitar on We Heart It

• Haha 1