The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 0-2 Leicester City - Sunday 20th December, 2020

football forums

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
14 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Looking forward to this, should be a good game. 

1 minute ago, Storts said:

Can’t see anything but a home win here 

It's gonna get messy, for us.

Don't think it'll be that great a game and think it'll be a procession for Spurs with Kane, Bale, Son against a leaky defence...

No clean sheet since we beat the other North London side.

Kane loves a goal against us. Think other than Hull, we're the side he's scored the most goals against. Reckon he bags a hat-trick cos 1) we can't defend set-pieces and he'll score from one, 2) he's quality and 3) it'll be a worldie of a shot to complete the perfect hat-trick.

Oh and 4) if he could do it for Fantasy League purposes it'll soften the blow heavily.

• Subscriber

Don't get your hopes up neutrals. This will be a routine Spurs victory. 2-0, the usual combination, I'd imagine that'll be the score at half time, they will then sit back and allow us to float unthreatening crosses in for the second half and that'll be that. A classic Mourinho game.

Rodgers has never beaten Mourinho. Don't see it changing here. Tottenham are a very good version of what we're no good against.

Our next two games are, along with Liverpool, the worst sides we can face, I expect we lose both and we drop to probably 6th/7th. I'd like a European place this season. Top 4 I think will prove to be beyond us. We lose too many games.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Why does he (Jose) hate Spurs having possession?! Especially because when Spurs do hang onto the ball for more than 5 seconds they look pretty fucking good on the ball.

No idea. It’s infuriating 

Just now, Storts said:

It’s miserable. Not enjoyable or a sustainable. Giving up so much of the ball at home against a lesser side is just depressing 

I feel like this quite a lot of the time. Get torn between wanting to be entertained and wanting to be efficient.

I believe it is sustainable as certain footballers can flourish with it (Vardy and Hojberg in this game for example) however it just means there's a bigger stick for fans to beat the Manager with when results aren't flowing as its an entertainment sport after all.

Just now, Storts said:

No idea. It’s infuriating 

If he keeps you competing and eventually winning something, at the end of the day that’s all that matters.

But I do understand you. Watching good football is entertaining. Maybe not as entertaining as winning stuff, but... idk how to describe it other than this ultra-conservative approach is not easy on the eyes.

It also seems a bit mental to me when you’ve got opposition like us and Leicester and give them so much of the ball. I feel like you can be ultra-conservative and keep the ball... and it’ll look better for the fans (and maybe be safer against good sides).

• Administrator

Albrighton xD

More of our players need to tactically foul. Every other club in the league manages it and takes the booking. Sometimes we're too nice but Albrighton did the right thing there. 

To Mourinho’s credit, this season pretty much every time I’ve seen Spurs I basically have this thought: ”Spurs seem well up for it, feels a bit like a cup final.” And I say that because in a cup final form doesn’t really matter, playing well doesn’t even really matter, it’s about being organised and working hard and riding the momentum to make chances and frustrate the other side.

Spurs do that each match it seems like. And that mentality will take these players far I think.

Archived