talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd Sign Amad Diallo from Atalanta

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

He’ll either be the next Ronaldo or the next Dan James. There’s no in between at this club anymore.

Do you mean in the eyes of fans because people are so extreme nowadays?

Because, honestly, you've not had anyone as good as Ronaldo since... I was going to say Ronaldo, but Rooney was still pretty fucking good after he left tbh, at least for a bit. But probably still not as good as Ronaldo?

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Because, honestly, you've not had anyone as good as Ronaldo since... I was going to say Ronaldo, but Rooney was still pretty fucking good after he left tbh, at least for a bit. But probably still not as good as Ronaldo?

TBF to them Ronaldo is a once in a lifetime talent and they dont come around that easily.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah, pretty much. Fernandes is the first world class player we’ve had since Rooney left. That’s Uniteds biggest issue. Liverpool probably have a world class player in Keeper, a defender, a midfielder and a forward. Same with City. United don’t which is why we’re not ready to compete for the long haul yet.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Yeah, pretty much. Fernandes is the first world class player we’ve had since Rooney left. That’s Uniteds biggest issue. Liverpool probably have a world class player in Keeper, a defender, a midfielder and a forward. Same with City. United don’t which is why we’re not ready to compete for the long haul yet.

I'd imagine Rashford (even if he is a bit on and off) could turn out to be that over time? 

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

TBF to them Ronaldo is a once in a lifetime talent and they dont come around that easily.

Oh yeah, for sure.

That's not a slight on Ronaldo. We haven't had a midfielder like Gerrard since Gerrard & imo we haven't had a player like Suarez since Suarez... and before him probably John Barnes was as world class as he was. And I missed his best days and just caught the arse-end of his career.

World class is actually a really fucking high barrier.

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Sort of reminds me of when we had one world class midfielder (Gerrard) and United, Arsenal... and then Chelsea and City also... were full of world class players. I actually think United have lots of good players (and I don't think many of our players in the Gerrard era were bad... just not good enough to maintain a solid title challenge consistently).

So you're already doing pretty well by being a definite contender in this title race, despite "only" one world class player and a load of good players around him. I do think people like Pogba and, to an extent Martial, hold United back because imo Pogba's just a luxury player and the United midfield isn't good enough to have people carry him to where he can be as influential as he was for Juve/France. And Martial's clearly talented as fuck... but he's not really got the consistency United really need.

And I know you've said differently on these forums... but imo Marcus Rashford is going to be a top fucking player when he hits his peak.

I think on paper, Citeh still have the most "quality" in their squad overall in terms of depth. But even they've struggled this season.

3 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

He’ll either be the next Ronaldo or the next Dan James. There’s no in between at this club anymore.

Personally, I hope he's the next Djemba Djemba or the next Kleberson.

Either or.

Archived