Chelsea - WWWWW

Last 3 Meetings
17/10/2020 - Chelsea 3-3 Southampton
26/12/2019 - Chelsea 0-2 Southampton
06/10/2019 - Southampton 1-4 Chelsea

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Atletico around the corner but we need to focus on getting maximum points against teams we are likely to beat. Our last 4 league games could decide our season should we fuck about in these games. 

Mendy

Zouma---Christensen---Rudiger

James-------------------------------------------Chilwell

Kante---Gilmour

Ziyech----------------Pulisic

Havertz

17 hours ago, Cicero said:

Would you look at that, Pulisic out injured yet again. 9th injury in the space of a year and virtually all of them self-muscular injuries. 

Glad we aren't relying on him in the manner we did last season. 

Yeah, Pulisic's injury woes since joining Chelsea have been worrying. But as you suggested, he is more of a fringe player in the Chelsea team these days anyway.

I can only see another Chelsea win against Southampton today. Since Tuchel joined the club, Chelsea's record has been quite impressive. They have won their last 5 matches in all competitions on the trot. I do not think that Southampton will be able to hold out against this Chelsea team, despite the fact that they will be playing at home. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Where has this Minamino been lmao

To be fair, he's been nowhere up to that point. Kante had the better of him. The one moment he went forward centrally without the ball, Chelsea didn't track him. It was a very impressive finish with composure though! 

Decision making in the final third again just non existent. Tuchel has had a few weeks to sort it out and his team selections aren’t helping. Far as I’m concerned, that goal is on Tuchel for playing Zouma, a player who has no positional awareness, playing in a role that requires positional awareness. Christensen is far better in that role and dropping him makes zero sense. 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

To be fair, he's been nowhere up to that point. Kante had the better of him. The one moment he went forward centrally without the ball, Chelsea didn't track him. It was a very impressive finish with composure though! 

Yeah, fair point. That's been his problem when he's played for us; decent on the ball, but completely anonymous too much of the time.

Still, 2 in 2 for Southampton while Origi sits on zero all season and even Mane's scored 2 in 9 this year... doesn't look great for us

7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Far as I’m concerned, that goal is on Tuchel for playing Zouma, a player who has no positional awareness, playing in a role that requires positional awareness. Christensen is far better in that role and dropping him makes zero sense. 

What is Zouma even doing here? Marking Rudiger? xD

2 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Chelsea looking shaky against a side that plays a narrow 4-4-2, counterattacks quickly, and is strong on set pieces. 

I’m sure Diego Simeone will be watching this game with a lot of interest. 

I think that they should just bring on Giroud now and try and get some decent crosses or punts upfield for him. They could do with his aerial abilities now as well as the fact that he is good at holding the ball up.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived