talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What's The Best XI We Can Make?

football forum

So let's see if we can make a WORLD XI...

but let's add some constraints, because otherwise it'll look like all the other "best ever XIs" that are (probably) all over the place. Let's make a weird XI.

So let's use:

• 3 European Players
  • 3 South American Players

And then we'll do the rest from everywhere else. That should make our lists substantially different. But if we've got too many players from a particular continent... let's add another constraint to stop that.

Shall we start off somewhere easy? Let's start off easy. 

Leo Messi - we should be able to pretty easily fit him into the side. But now we've got 2 South American players left.

• The title was changed to What's The Best XI We Can Make?
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mpache said:

Renato Tapia. There's your DM.

The best 11 they can make and you had to put a Peruvian in it xD

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Maybe because besides maybe Casemiro, he's comfortably been the best South American DM in Europe this season?

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I wouldn't have expected any less. In fact I'd have been disappointed if it didn't happen. 

Just now, Stan said:

I wouldn't have expected any less. In fact I'd have been disappointed if it didn't happen. 

To be fair, besides Casemiro he's been the best South American destroyer midfield in Europe. I'll hold my hands up and admit I put him in cos he's Peruvian instead of Casemiro, but I wouldn't have done it if I didn't believe he was comfortably top 3 from SA this season in his role.

Just now, Rucksackfranzose said:

Can't see a rule that says the CDM has to be from South America.

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

So let's use:

• 3 European Players
  • 3 South American Players

I recommend going to get glasses.

Just now, Stan said:

DM should be Wilfred Ndidi - one of the 5 non-European/SA players. 

Everyone agreed? Good. Well done. 

Well that's just using your power to fuck me over.

@Dr. Gonzo I said it first (and I put forth relevant facts to prove my point) don't listen to him! xD

Ndidi will get his chance next time.

2 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Were is written the 3. player of South America has to be a CDM, her?. Recommend to use a brain.

It doesn't say CDM, but building a team from different continents requires balance.

Again, I wouldn't have said Tapia if I didn't think he was one of the better CDM's in Europe this season, besides just being the 2nd best South American destroyer.

In Spain, media is touting for him to be the best signing of the season for any club, and is the only one in the league competing with Casemiro for the most interceptions and defensive duels. You just think it's ludicrous because I put a Peruvian forth.

Edit: also linked with Juve, PSG and Atletico. 

Just now, Stan said:

Huh? 

Just because I put a Peruvian forth, doesn't mean its the wrong answer.

I have always preferred Aquino over Tapia, but one of them is playing in Mexico and the other in a top 5 league and succeeding. There's a reason I brought him up.

1 minute ago, Mpache said:

Just because I put a Peruvian forth, doesn't mean its the wrong answer.

I have always preferred Aquino over Tapia, but one of them is playing in Mexico and the other in a top 5 league and succeeding. There's a reason I brought him up.

Yes and this reason is he was born in Peru and has Peruvian citizenship.

Just now, Rucksackfranzose said:

Yes and this reason is he was born in Peru and has Peruvian citizenship.

That was my only reason for picking him over Casemiro, I admitted it.

That doesn't take away that he's been one of the most underrated and under the radar CDM's in Europe.

We have one more South American and we aren't using it to pick Renato 'he has more stats so he is better' Tapia. Fucks sake, he plays for Celta and Casemiro plays for Real Madrid, which do you think would have more work to do defensively?

Just now, Spike said:

We have one more South American and we aren't using it to pick Renato 'he has more stats so he is better' Tapia. Fucks sake, he plays for Celta and Casemiro plays for Real Madrid, which do you think would have more work to do defensively?

Says the guy who picked Matthew Leckie over Son ya daft cunt! xD

Just now, Spike said:

And again, literally everyone in Spain will tell you he's probably the best or 2nd best CDM in La Liga.

Archived