• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What's The Best XI We Can Make?

football forum

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Renato Tapia has been class this season for Celta to be fair. 

Yes, again, I wouldn't have named him if I didn't think he was capable, but to the people on here that translates to bias.

The only bias for me is picking him over Casemiro.

Just now, The Palace Fan said:

Renato Tapia... Best XI.

Renato Tapia... Best XI.

Renato Tapia... Best XI.

I don't even need to expand my point any further. My first post on TFF was in 2005 and I've never seen a football related post so absurd in my entire time on this forum. 

And how many times have you seen Tapia?

I literally posted stats to prove that he's been the best CDM in La Liga, which correct me if I'm wrong, is one of the best leagues in the world. You had a regular La Liga watcher come in the thread and say hes been class for Celta, and Spanish media are claiming he's been the best signing of any club in the season.

Yet you still deny it. Fuck out of here with your shit xenophobia.

6 minutes ago, Mpache said:

And how many times have you seen Tapia?

I literally posted stats to prove that he's been the best CDM in La Liga, which correct me if I'm wrong, is one of the best leagues in the world. You had a regular La Liga watcher come in the thread and say hes been class for Celta, and Spanish media are claiming he's been the best signing of any club in the season.

Yet you still deny it. Fuck out of here with your shit xenophobia.

May be wrong, but I think what Palace might be referring to is why Tapia over Goretzka, Kimmich, Fabinho, Kante, Verratti, etc?

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Juventus, Atletico, PSG interested too.

If he was Argentine or German you'd be all over him. Cunt. @The Palace Fan

Can't wait to see your reaction when Tapia makes the La Liga best XI of the season. Which by the way, is on course.

Any need?

Just now, Cicero said:

May be wrong, but I think what Palace might be referring to is why Tapia over Goretzka, Kimmich, Fabinho, Kante, Verratti, etc?

Kimmich, Goretzka, Verratti and Kante aren't South American.

The thread claims to name 3 South American players. So I named Tapia, a completely reasonable choice given his form with only one possibly better CDM in all of La Liga.

The Palace Fan has been xenophobic to Peruvians before, and I can quote you to it. He just doesn't like us, and doesn't like that Tapia is succeeding.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Any need?

Yes, I'm annoyed at being told I'm absurd time and time again with no repercussion to have a proper debate. Also sick of his xenophobia. Not present here, but it has been in other threads.

@Cicero A more reasonable debate is why Tapia over Casemiro and Fabinho.

I will hold my hands up and say I chose Tapia over those 2 to support my countrymen. However, I wouldn't have picked him if I thought he wasn't doing well. I thought he was utterly shite at Feyenoord but been a complete revelation at Celta.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Yes, I'm annoyed at being told I'm absurd time and time again with no repercussion to have a proper debate. Also sick of his xenophobia. Not present here, but it has been in other threads.

Just use the facts at hand. No need for the expletives. 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Mpache said:

The thread claims to name 3 South American players. So I named Tapia, a completely reasonable choice given his form with only one possibly better CDM in all of La Liga.

The Palace Fan has been xenophobic to Peruvians before, and I can quote you to it. He just doesn't like us, and doesn't like that Tapia is succeeding.

Why does the DM have to be South American?

Just now, Stan said:

Why does the DM have to be South American?

He doesn't.

But I named him as it was a good opportunity to put in the best CDM from La Liga. So I took the chance and people who don't know the facts didn't like it.

9 minutes ago, Mpache said:

@Cicero A more reasonable debate is why Tapia over Casemiro and Fabinho.

I will hold my hands up and say I chose Tapia over those 2 to support my countrymen. However, I wouldn't have picked him if I thought he wasn't doing well. I thought he was utterly shite at Feyenoord but been a complete revelation at Celta.

Fabinho then as he was incredibly influential in Liverpool's CL and Title win, not to mention the best DM in the Premier League. 

I woke up this morning and saw that there was a debate as to whether Tapia deserved to be in a World XI. 

Brilliant how 8 hours later at half 3 there is a debate still going on about whether Tapia deserved to be in a World XI.

Fucking excellent xD!

Just now, Cicero said:

Fabinho then as he was incredibly influential in Liverpool's CL and Title win, not to mention the best DM in the Premier League. 

That's fine, but my point was I'm getting attacked for a totally reasonable opinion. People just hate hearing that cos of reputation.

Without a doubt Fabinho, Casemiro and Tapia are the 3 best CDM's from South America in Europe at the moment. I also really like Rodrigo De Paul but haven't tracked his progress.

Just now, Mpache said:

That's fine, but my point was I'm getting attacked for a totally reasonable opinion. People just hate hearing that cos of reputation.

Without a doubt Fabinho, Casemiro and Tapia are the 3 best CDM's from South America in Europe at the moment. I also really like Rodrigo De Paul but haven't tracked his progress.

I think the issue is you immediately jumping with Tapia when the former two have been performing at an elite level for YEARS. 

Just now, Cicero said:

I think the issue is you immediately jumping with Tapia when the former two have been performing at an elite level for YEARS. 

Tapia helped push an average team to a World Cup over a superior on paper Chile and to a Copa America final. He was shite at Feyenoord, but he's only 25 and still has time to establish himself as elite given how he's started life in Spain.

How old was Kante when he became relevant?

18 minutes ago, Mpache said:

I love Peruvians, I love Paddington Bear! :twothumbsup:

3 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

I woke up this morning and saw that there was a debate as to whether Tapia deserved to be in a World XI. 

Brilliant how 8 hours later at half 3 there is a debate still going on about whether Tapia deserved to be in a World XI.

Fucking excellent xD!

Thing is, this debate should have never happened.

The debate should have ended when I put in my proof as to why he's been one of the best CDM's in Europe, or at worst, ask what Cicero asked and why Tapia over certain players.

It's all reputation nonsense. Spike put in Matt Leckie and NOBODY questioned him. I know exactly why that's the case.

Archived