The better place to talk football.

What's The Best XI We Can Make?

football forum

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Mpache said:

And how many times have you seen Tapia?

I literally posted stats to prove that he's been the best CDM in La Liga, which correct me if I'm wrong, is one of the best leagues in the world. You had a regular La Liga watcher come in the thread and say hes been class for Celta, and Spanish media are claiming he's been the best signing of any club in the season.

Yet you still deny it. Fuck out of here with your shit xenophobia.

Being baffled as to how you have decided Renato Tapia should even be in the conversation of a World's XI, let alone a South American XI, does not make me a xenophobe. As does me being tired of you repeatedly including Peruvian footballers in conversations they quite bluntly have no part of being involved in doesn't make me a xenophobe. 

You have since admitted in this thread that Tapia doesn't belong in this conversation and that you named him to defend your fellow countryman. Something I still find absurd. I suggest you refrain from childish insults and making allegations against one's character before you embarrass yourself even further.

Just now, Mpache said:

And if he wasn't?

I'm sure people wouldn't have questioned it because of reputation.

Mate, Leckie cant make the starting 11 for a struggling Hertha team, no one would have taken that selection seriously. With all due respect to Leckie as well, as he is a good player, just not elite.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Mpache said:

And if he wasn't?

I'm sure people wouldn't have questioned it because of reputation.

It's quite blatant he was taking the piss. The concept that he wasn't doesn't even come in to consideration. 

Just now, The Palace Fan said:

Being baffled as to how you have decided Renato Tapia should even be in the conversation of a World's XI, let alone a South American XI, does not make me a xenophobe. As does me being tired of you repeatedly including Peruvian footballers in conversations they quite bluntly have no part of being involved in doesn't make me a xenophobe. 

You have called our people special before. I know exactly what thread it's in and will quote it.

Don't sugarcoat it. If you want to deny the facts, up to you as I've presented them to you and you refuse to accept it because you don't hang around in that circle with Spanish people. It makes you the absurd one here.

10 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Tapia helped push an average team to a World Cup over a superior on paper Chile and to a Copa America final. He was shite at Feyenoord, but he's only 25 and still has time to establish himself as elite given how he's started life in Spain.

How old was Kante when he became relevant?

But the argument was Casimero and Fabinho. The former is a 3 time European champion that was the anchor for a Madrid side that won multiple titles. The latter was the key clog in a Monaco side that beat PSG to the league title and City in the Champions league, then going on to be the anchor for Liverpool winning the Champions League and their first league title in 30 years.

Again, the fact you immediately jumped onto Tapia who has had one good season with Celta, in a Spanish league that's standard is incredibly poor right now, and helping Peru qualify for a World Cup and Copa America final (Coincidentally avoiding both Argentina and Brasil) is the reason people are on you. 

26 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Kimmich, Goretzka, Verratti and Kante aren't South American.

The thread claims to name 3 South American players. So I named Tapia, a completely reasonable choice given his form with only one possibly better CDM in all of La Liga.

The Palace Fan has been xenophobic to Peruvians before, and I can quote you to it. He just doesn't like us, and doesn't like that Tapia is succeeding.

As I said nobody said the CDM has to be South American.

I don't have a huge issue with you selecting Tapia, given the rules of needing to select a number of South Americans in the team. The only issue I might have is the fact that he hasn't proven himself at an elite club or at elite level(eg. Champions League, World Cup). Where as several other South American players in his position, like Casemeiro and Fabinho, have proven themselves at the very top level. But yeah, I've seen Tapia play and he has been quality this season.

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

But the argument was Casimero and Fabinho. The former is a 3 time European champion that was the anchor for a Madrid side that won multiple titles. The latter was the key clog in a Monaco side that beat PSG to the league title and City in the Champions league, then going on to be the anchor for Liverpool winning the Champions League and their first league title in 30 years.

Again, the fact you immediately jumped onto Tapia who has had one good season with Celta, in a Spanish league that's standard is incredibly poor right now, and helping Peru qualify for a World Cup and Copa America final (Coincidentally avoiding both Argentina and Brasil) is the reason people are on you. 

I literally admitted I picked him over Fabinho and Casemiro to support my countrymen, because it was no longer a ludicrous choice given how good he's become in recent times. If he keeps this up, this thread is all gonna look silly except for me as well.

So people don't like honesty, and they don't like it when a Peruvian does well. Says a lot to me.

3 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

As I said nobody said the CDM has to be South American.

The thread also doesn't say he has to be European.

I raised a South American who in my opinion has earned it. End of story.

Just now, Stan said:

Ah the old 'fish caused corona spike overnight' thing, even though corona wouldn't show up until a good few days after... 

Calling the whole population of Peru retarted is xenophobic last time I checked. Which proves to me there definitely is an agenda there based off my reputation.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Mpache said:

I literally admitted I picked him over Fabinho and Casemiro to support my countrymen, because it was no longer a ludicrous choice given how good he's become in recent times. If he keeps this up, this thread is all gonna look silly except for me as well.

So people don't like honesty, and they don't like it when a Peruvian does well. Says a lot to me.

Brian, you're fine to pick Tapia. It's a free country. No-one is going to ban you or target you for doing so just because you choose this.

It's also allowed for people to dispute that choice as is their right and freedom, too. It doesn't need to be as sensitive or personalised as much as you're making out. 

Just now, Stan said:

Brian, you're fine to pick Tapia. It's a free country. No-one is going to ban you or target you for doing so just because you choose this.

It's also allowed for people to dispute that choice as is their right and freedom, too. It doesn't need to be as sensitive or personalised as much as you're making out. 

There's a difference between disputing it and having a go at me as being absurd for picking a totally reasonable choice.

It's like being on a forum with plenty of Ronaldo fanboys and claiming Messi is better.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He had a light hearted jab at you for pushing anything pro-Peru because of the impossibility of cases being confirmed that fast xD

Was I not allowed to update my own country?

The "people are special" comment was xenophobic, and totally unnecessary.

Just now, Stan said:

This. My whole point of this thread was to spur debate for us to come up with a possible XI that has a twist.

@Mpache you’re free to suggest whoever you want. But if we’ve only got 3 spots for South Americans we should probably be selective and those 3 spots should probably go to some of the top players in the world. I’m not sure some lad who’s having one good season in Spain has him contending with some of the world class players at DM.

Messi and Neymar I’m fine with. Sort of tough to debate those.

Personally, and I’m admittedly biased - I’d go with Fabinho at DM if we’re going with a South American DM.

But are we sure we want to use our last South American right away like this?

We might want to pick out what positions/players we’d want to fill out the squad with easily agreeable world class talents?

15 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

You have since admitted in this thread that Tapia doesn't belong in this conversation and that you named him to defend your fellow countryman. Something I still find absurd. I suggest you refrain from childish insults and making allegations against one's character before you embarrass yourself even further.

I didn't say that, I said he's perhaps not better than some of the best CDM's that Cicero named. In a few years if he keeps this up, he will become that. He's still only 25 and this is his first season in a top 5 league, so he's still got a lot to go, but this season he's been the best or 2nd best CDM in La Liga and it's only his first year.

Archived