Aston Villa - DLWLD

Last 3 Meetings
23/01/2021 - Aston Villa 2-0 Newcastle
24/06/2020 - Newcastle 1-1 Aston Villa
25/11/2019 - Aston Villa 2-0 Newcastle

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean, Newcastle are pretty hopeless right now and you'd probably tip another defeat here.

That said, Villa without Grealish are a different kettle of fish all together.

The goals have dried up, especially for Watkins, and 2 goals in their last four without Grealish should give Newcastle some hope.

Usual gems from Bruce in the press conference.

Said Villa have done remarkably well since he left :4_joy:  I wonder why.

Said we were doing well until COVID hit. Aye that's it :4_joy:

Meanwhile Dean Smith reckons Bruce's experience in relegation battles will help. What, taking Birmingham and  dowb

21 hours ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

Usual gems from Bruce in the press conference.

Said Villa have done remarkably well since he left :4_joy:  I wonder why.

Said we were doing well until COVID hit. Aye that's it :4_joy:

Meanwhile Dean Smith reckons Bruce's experience in relegation battles will help. What, taking Birmingham and  dowb

To be fair Newcastle were doing well until they got hit with positive tests, didn't Saint Maximan struggle for months after due to it. 

Bruce knows this is his last job, he's clinging on for dear life and reality is he will keep his job just as long as he doesn't get relegated. 

1 hour ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

Gayle starts! Will he be up top or somewhere daft again?

I was saying to someone at work I'd take him back at us as a squad player on a free. Still our all time top PL goalscorer I believe and was our top goalscorer for three consecutive seasons. Always had good vibes with him.

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Villa without Grealish, is painful to watch.  They have hardly looked like scoring since he went out injured.  Without him permanently they would struggle to stay up.

It really is so noticeable how much he carries them, isn't it?!

• Administrator

Nice of Lascelles to do his best Steven 'I'll pretend to be hurt to disguise handballing it' Taylor impression in this special memorable fixture...

13 minutes ago, Stan said:

It really is so noticeable how much he carries them, isn't it?!

Barkley hasn't played much since Grealish was injured either, I am not sure if he has had some nagging injuries or whether he lost form.  But Villa was threatening to finish in the European spots when they were both firing on all cylinders.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Redcanuck said:

Barkley hasn't played much since Grealish was injured either, I am not sure if he has had some nagging injuries or whether he lost form.  But Villa was threatening to finish in the European spots when they were both firing on all cylinders.

I'm hoping he comes back soon as Villa play a lot of the top half/top 6 teams in their run-in so would be good if they could take points off them...

• The title was changed to Newcastle 0-1 Aston Villa - Friday 12th March, 2021

Feels a bit deja vu this from when Newcastle last went down, they're just sleepwalking into the bottom three. Fulham are actually looking decent now and if Brighton can just finish their chances will pick up points too.

Newcastle are just shit.

• The title was changed to Newcastle 1-1 Aston Villa - Friday 12th March, 2021

Lucky Bruce. The clowns that hired him will probably let him live another week. Had that finished 1-0 that bizarre positioning he had Gayle in would have had him shipped off to an asylum. 

You can't cite injuries when you do shite like that.

Murphy should start at Brighton.

To get to 38 points we need 10 more from 10 games. 3 wins and a draw or 2 wins and 4 draws. It's hard to see either at the moment. If we don't beat Brighton next week then we'll not reach 38, maybe 35. Will it be enough, probably not.

Only way any of this changes if we scalp a big teams. Don't see that.

3 hours ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

To get to 38 points we need 10 more from 10 games. 3 wins and a draw or 2 wins and 4 draws. It's hard to see either at the moment. If we don't beat Brighton next week then we'll not reach 38, maybe 35. Will it be enough, probably not.

Only way any of this changes if we scalp a big teams. Don't see that.

You play us at Anfield, so you only need 7 in 9

Archived