The better place to talk football.

We Need To Talk...

football forum

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Brian, 

Not a dig or anything, but are you being as objective as you can be? Have you given this 'friend' any reason to block you in the past? Why would someone do that for no reason?

Nope.

I texted them like once or twice every month, and sent them supportive messages cos I know they weren't always in the best state.

4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

200.gif

Your lack of empathy is showing.

Instead of mocking mental health, which by all accounts is as bad as racism, why not actually take it seriously instead of seeing everything as a laugh?

9 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Instead of mocking mental health, which by all accounts is as bad as racism, why not actually take it seriously instead of seeing everything as a laugh?

Lack of empathy? You don't even know what you're talking about, kiddo.

And I do take it seriously. I've been struggling with on and off depression since I'm 15 years old. I'm just not a drama queen looking for attention like some other people.

Just now, Tommy said:

And I do take it seriously. I've been struggling with on and off depression since I'm 15 years old. I'm just not a drama queen looking for attention like some other people.

17 minutes ago, Tommy said:

200.gif

Yeah, I'm sure you do. This post proves it.

• Administrator
36 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Not everyone's mental health problems are the same. @Tommymay not only have different MH issues, but also cope differently to you. Just because he can make light of it doesn't mean he doesn't understand what you might be going through.

Sorry Brian but you are in no position to be the moral arbiter of who suffers from MH or worse still, how they should act or behave if they do, especially when they state they have suffered for a long period of time. You can't brush someone's MH off saying 'yeah I'm sure you do' just because you don't like the way they respond to you. 

• Administrator

It's funny and very ironic you say 'more needs to be put in to mental health awareness' when you're so dismissive of someone who admits they've suffered for 15+ years with depression. Maybe the first step for you, looking within, is not to be so dismissive of someone in that position. 

As with anything, in your example I guarantee there's more to it and that there is another side to the story. Not a dig at you with this as your relationship and friendship is only unique to you. But you state it's the 1000th time something has happened and surely there's more to it than just 'congratulations' and kindness and then being blocked.

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

It's funny and very ironic you say 'more needs to be put in to mental health awareness' when you're so dismissive of someone who admits they've suffered for 15+ years with depression. Maybe the first step for you, looking within, is not to be so dismissive of someone in that position. 

As with anything, in your example I guarantee there's more to it and that there is another side to the story. Not a dig at you with this as your relationship and friendship is only unique to you. But you state it's the 1000th time something has happened and surely there's more to it than just 'congratulations' and kindness and then being blocked.

Just because you suffer mental health issues, does not mean you can mock others for their mental health issues. Very hypocritical for you to defend him at all.

I'll put my story in a bit later.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Mpache said:

53 minutes ago, Tommy said:

53 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Practice what you preach, @Mpache. 'why not take it seirously?' 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Just because you suffer mental health issues, does not mean you can mock others for their mental health issues. Very hypocritical for you to defend him at all.

I'll put my story in a bit later.

How is it hypocritical? Explain that one please? 

Just because you suffer MH doesn't mean you can dictate how others manage and cope with their own. You manage yours different. Other people manage theirs differently. That's just how it is. 

Just because people haven't come in here sympathising with you, saying you're right and your friend is wrong doesn't mean you can then be 1) dismissive of other people's MH and 2) decide what's hypocritical or not. 

32 minutes ago, Stan said:

Practice what you preach, @Mpache. 'why not take it seirously?' 

I never once mocked his mental health prior to that post. It's called a taste of his own medicine.

This thread can be locked if you wish. I posted this in a livid mood. I'm angry that people just don't take this seriously. We'll keep seeing suicides in that case, in the same manner of Avicii and Morro Garcia.  

One day I'll make sure to take part in one of these mental health awareness campaigns, because I am just sick of it at this point.

• The topic was locked
2 hours ago, Mpache said:

That was my reaction because I knew it would eventually turn into another one of your "me me me me me me" topics. 

Just now, Stan said:

Bore off Brian. You have no control over what we say and do. No matter how much you think you do. 

We understood, we tried, you ignored, you focused on the 1 other thing you could have ignored too. No point trying any more when you come out with shit like that. Take a break as @Whiskey said cos as much as we're trying to help you, it doesn't help when you're not willing to listen. 

I can't control what you do. But you will come across as very hypocritical if you do lament someones suicide death, with the way you're defending someone who clearly mocked my mental health.

It's not that I "ignored". I was going to reply to Cicero and Machado with genuine answers. I said "in a bit" because I was busy writing my song and didn't want to lose momentum. I will ignore you if I know you're wrong. I'm sorry, but you presented no proof and only theories to defend Tommy. I posted links to mental health pages who had genuine scientific facts. You hated me doing that and decided to ignore it. I also posted a link to the other time Tommy mocked my mental health, and again, you chose to ignore it.

Having people in packs doesn't mean anything. I could get my friends to do the same thing about the earth being flat. Doesn't mean it's right.

Archived