• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 2-1 Aston Villa - Saturday 10th April, 2021

football forum

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Its a weird gameweek because Chelsea, West Ham, Leicester and us really do have to keep the momentum going or there could be some serious position swapping come the end of it. Pleased with that result and I hope we stay consistent now.

I haven't seen the offside but it will probably be one of those ones that is offside but liverpool fans dont think it should apply to them 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

No way we’re catching up to you xD

As if 4pts haven't been overcome before. 

What reasons would you not catch us up? Hardly an insurmountable gap... 

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

As if 4pts haven't been overcome before. 

What reasons would you not catch us up? Hardly an insurmountable gap... 

I think we look shite, for us to basically need to be perfect (already unlikely) and have you slip enough that we can catch up... I just think it’s incredibly unlikely

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think we look shite, for us to basically need to be perfect (already unlikely) and have you slip enough that we can catch up... I just think it’s incredibly unlikely

Look at our last 3 fixtures. 

Look at your run-in. 

It really isn't out of the question. You may have looked shite but you've just bagged 3 points. So you don't need to be perfect? 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Look at our last 3 fixtures. 

Look at your run-in. 

It really isn't out of the question. You may have looked shite but you've just bagged 3 points. So you don't need to be perfect? 

Our run in doesn’t matter when you look at the sides we’ve been shit against. When I say perfect I mean getting the 3 points in all of the games remaining in the season.

That’s a big ask for a good team in good form. It’s an even bigger task for a team in historically bad form.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Our run in doesn’t matter when you look at the sides we’ve been shit against. When I say perfect I mean getting the 3 points in all of the games remaining in the season.

That’s a big ask for a good team in good form. It’s an even bigger task for a team in historically bad form.

Yeah but your logic doesn't work when you say you'll play shit... You've done that today (well, under-par anyway) and still got 3 points and closed the gap. 

Tomorrow's game is hardly easy for us either. I don't think you can say your run in doesn't matter when it clearly does. You don't necessarily have to get 3 points in all the games considering we are quite unlikely to do so, either. 

Your last 3 are West Brom, Burnley and Palace. 

Ours are Chelsea, Man Utd and Spurs xD

Very unlikely we'll get maximum points there so there goes the 'we'll need 3 points in all games remaining' angle... 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Yeah but your logic doesn't work when you say you'll play shit... You've done that today (well, under-par anyway) and still got 3 points and closed the gap. 

Tomorrow's game is hardly easy for us either. I don't think you can say your run in doesn't matter when it clearly does. You don't necessarily have to get 3 points in all the games considering we are quite unlikely to do so, either. 

Your last 3 are West Brom, Burnley and Palace. 

Ours are Chelsea, Man Utd and Spurs xD

Very unlikely we'll get maximum points there so there goes the 'we'll need 3 points in all games remaining' angle... 

Our worst performances in the league this season have come against clubs like the ones we play in the run in...

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Our worst performances in the league this season have come against clubs like the ones we play in the run in...

Yeah and one of them you smashed the side 7-0 xDxD

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yeah and one of them you smashed the side 7-0 xDxD

I just think it’s a ridiculously low probability that we catch up to you with a 4 point gap and a game in hand.

We just beat the team that beat us 7-2 xD

51 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I haven't seen the offside but it will probably be one of those ones that is offside but liverpool fans dont think it should apply to them 

Just one of them that I don't think should apply at all, to anyone, to be honest

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I just think it’s a ridiculously low probability that we catch up to you with a 4 point gap and a game in hand.

We just beat the team that beat us 7-2 xD

It's not ridiculously low though xD

If it was 7 or 8 points I'd probably reluctantly agree. 4 points is quite simply a win and a draw in any 2 games where we don't win. Hardly beyond the realms of possibility! 

As for the 2nd bit, precisely!! You've beaten a lesser team that you succumbed to earlier on in the season... 

22 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Just one of them that I don't think should apply at all, to anyone, to be honest

Like I said mate I haven't seen it. I will see it later. However I know that fans have a habit of saying the decisions are wrong if they dont understand then. A lot of fans just think when they draw the lines they just make it up but I watched this story on sky sports about how they work it out. Just because fans dont understand doesn't mean it's wrong 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

If it was 7 or 8 points I'd probably reluctantly agree. 4 points is quite simply a win and a draw in any 2 games where we don't win. Hardly beyond the realms of possibility! 

As for the 2nd bit, precisely!! You've beaten a lesser team that you succumbed to earlier on in the season... 

I think the issue at centre back is always going to mean we get inconsistent results though. It's not the two lads fault who are filling in there, but they are way short of what's required and it does have a knock on effect

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

With the game in hand it basically is 7 points tbh

• The title was changed to Liverpool 2-1 Aston Villa - Saturday 10th April, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived