• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 2-1 Aston Villa - Saturday 10th April, 2021

football forum

• The topic was unpinned
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldnt tell if the liverpool goal was offside or  not. Personally I think they should give the benefit of the doubt to the striker but for some reason they disallowed it. Maybe there was a reason but I dont know what it is 

13 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I couldnt tell if the liverpool goal was offside or  not. Personally I think they should give the benefit of the doubt to the striker but for some reason they disallowed it. Maybe there was a reason but I dont know what it is 

It was pure guesswork. The images don't show the moment the ball leaves TAAs foot 

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

It was pure guesswork. The images don't show the moment the ball leaves TAAs foot 

Its not guesswork mate that have ways of working out what is more probable. Its extremely unlikely the players will be exactly level when the ball was passed. If the defender  is running faster they can estimate that if they are level when the picture is taken the attacker probably was ahead because the defender has caught up. That's just one way. However it doesn't prove it so I would personally like to goals like that given because there is a lot of doubt.

@LFCMike I think in Holland they have thicker lines and if the attacking player crosses that line it is offside. I would prefer that because then you know the player is definitely offside and you are not going on probability. IFAB don't like it though but most fans would probably prefer it as they want the benefit of the doubt going to the attacker 

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Its not guesswork mate that have ways of working out what is more probable. Its extremely unlikely the players will be exactly level when the ball was passed. If the defender  is running faster they can estimate that if they are level when the picture is taken the attacker probably was ahead because the defender has caught up. That's just one way. However it doesn't prove it so I would personally like to goals like that given because there is a lot of doubt.

I honestly can't be arsed getting into this with you because you just make all the excuses in the world for officials

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I honestly can't be arsed getting into this with you because you just make all the excuses in the world for officials

It’s cause his dad is Mike Riley. 

15 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

No I just do my research 

13 minutes ago, Rick said:

It’s cause his dad is Mike Riley. 

No he isn't  but I really wish I had a time machine so I could give your dad a condom 

26 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Do the refs not use the time stamps on the angles? 

Yeah but they cant get the exact moment the ball  moves away from the players foot because it is so fast if you want to get really exact. The reason is it happens faster than can press the button to pause the frame.  Theres loads of information if you look for it. Like I said it would be better I think if they used the Dutch system so you can say definitely if its offside. At the moment they are looking at frames and going on probability but I think most fans would rather give the benefit of the doubt to the attacker. It's not the referees fault it's what they are told to do I'm sure a lot of them dont like it 

33 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Are they using 30hz monitors?

Buy some fucking 120hz screens if the frames per second is the fucking issue.

What it is I think is when they press pause, the ball has already moved by then because it moves so fast.Think about trying to pause your tv the millisecond the ball leaves the players foot. Its very hard. I think monitors are actually in super high definition they can see things we sometimes cant.  I understand your frustration and I use to moan about referees all the time. However I watched a documentary about it about ten years ago I think and then I realised how complicated it was at times and how things that seem simple can be harder than you think. After that I tend to assume there is a reason why mistakes that seem simple are made. And then generally I found out later there were reasons.  Doesn't mean I dont get annoyed or sometimes wonder how certain mistakes are made though.  A lot of it is protocol mate not the referees or var referees. They wouldn't be allowed to give that goal for you. They may want to but they have to do what they are told.

4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

What it is I think is when they press pause, the ball has already moved by then because it moves so fast.Think about trying to pause your tv the millisecond the ball leaves the players foot. Its very hard. I think monitors are actually in super high definition they can see things we sometimes cant.  I understand your frustration and I use to moan about referees all the time. However I watched a documentary about it about ten years ago I think and then I realised how complicated it was at times and how things that seem simple can be harder than you think. After that I tend to assume there is a reason why mistakes that seem simple are made. And then generally I found out later there were reasons.  Alot of it is protocol mate not the referees or var referees. They wouldn't be allowed to give that goal for you. They may want to but they have to do what they are told.

Idk I’ve done video editing before, I don’t think it’s that hard to find a particular frame in the amount of time they have been fucking around with their monitors putting lines everywhere

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Idk I’ve done video editing before, I don’t think it’s that hard to find a particular frame in the amount of time they have been fucking around with their monitors putting lines everywhere

They have to do it to the millisecond though mate. I'm  no expert I cant remember everything that was said but I know it is something like that. This is why it would be easier to have a system where it has to be proved. Like with the thick lines in holland 

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

They have to do it to the millisecond though mate. I'm  no expert I cant remember everything that was said but I know it is something like that

I wonder if the refs just aren’t properly trained with the technology at all.

I do question why on field referees have to be the same people that are in the VAR room.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I wonder if the refs just aren’t properly trained with the technology at all.

I do question why on field referees have to be the same people that are in the VAR room.

I dont know mate. I'd rather not have a var debate with you though mate. We get along and once people have var debates  they dont tend to get along after :P

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

I dont know mate. I'd rather not have a var debate with you though mate. We get along and once people have var debates  they dont tend to get along after :P

It’s not really a debate, I just wonder if part of the reason they struggle with VAR is just because they struggle with using the technology.

I do think there’s other issues though that are purely personnel based and you probably don’t agree and that’s fine.

But in my opinion there need to be a lot of extreme changes from the top down with referees in the country.

I think it should be possible to pause the footage accurately. Plenty of sports identify differences of tiny fractions of seconds.

Obviously if you're trying to pause the game live with your TV remote that's impossible, but the refs aren't doing that. They can wait, rewind, pause, and speed-up/slow-down the footage. With relatively normal technology, it should be possible to capture the moment when the ball has been played forward.

3 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

No he isn't  but I really wish I had a time machine so I could give your dad a condom 

Fair play 😂

What’s more believable; that the technology is that shite and old that it’s too slow to determine when the player made contact with the ball or that the officials we have are just fucking shite and have no idea how to use it properly. I’m voting for the latter. 

41 minutes ago, Rick said:

Fair play 😂

What’s more believable; that the technology is that shite and old that it’s too slow to determine when the player made contact with the ball or that the officials we have are just fucking shite and have no idea how to use it properly. I’m voting for the latter. 

I have no interest in what you think at all. Dont really to me i dont want to have a conversation with you. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It’s not really a debate, I just wonder if part of the reason they struggle with VAR is just because they struggle with using the technology.

I do think there’s other issues though that are purely personnel based and you probably don’t agree and that’s fine.

But in my opinion there need to be a lot of extreme changes from the top down with referees in the country.

Nothing personally mate. I've just seen things that make me think different than most 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I have no interest in what you think at all. Dont really to me i dont want to have a conversation with you. 

Yeah but tell us how you really feel...

Archived