Last 3 Meetings
04/10/2020 - Leicester 0-3 West Ham
22/01/2020 - Leicester 4-1 West Ham
28/12/2019 - West Ham 1-2 Leicester

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

West Ham Team News:

🗣️ David Moyes says that he "doesn't think" Michail Antonio is going to recover for the match against Leicester City but the Hammers are otherwise not "too bad" on the injury front. 

Leicester City Team News:

🗣 Brendan Rodgers on Caglar Soyuncu: “We’re hoping by Sunday when he’ll do his test, it will be negative and we can get him back. We decided to keep him there where he could train and so he wouldn’t have to isolate over here."

🗣 Brendan Rodgers on James Maddison: “It was really good to get him back on the field. He’s a bit away from where his level would be. It’s important to have him back.” 

• Administrator

Probably stick with a back-3 and wing-backs to accommodate the front 2 of Kelechi and Vardy...

Kasper

Amartey - Fofana - Evans

Ricardo                                     Castagne

Ndidi - Tielemans

Maddison 

Iheanacho - Vardy

If Maddison is still half-fit then Perez will slot in there. 

Bonus for us with Rice & Antonio being out. Lingard is doubtful as well apparently...

45 minutes ago, Stan said:

Probably stick with a back-3 and wing-backs to accommodate the front 2 of Kelechi and Vardy...

Kasper

Amartey - Fofana - Evans

Ricardo                                     Castagne

Ndidi - Tielemans

Maddison 

Iheanacho - Vardy

If Maddison is still half-fit then Perez will slot in there. 

Bonus for us with Rice & Antonio being out. Lingard is doubtful as well apparently...

How will Maddison and Barnes returning impact Kele?

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

How will Maddison and Barnes returning impact Kele?

The honest answer is I have no idea!!

It's a good conundrum to have, I guess. It might be that Vardy plays fewer games - which is likely given his age and the demands of 2-3 games/week next season. 

Might end up returning back to 4-3-3 with Iheanacho as the front striker with Barnes/LW either side. But then Iheanacho has really struggled as a 'lone' striker whenever he's played there. The other option would be to stick with 2 up front and have Barnes supporting Iheanacho, and Maddison still playing centrally behind them...

• Subscriber

I'd change to a four in light of Soyuncu being out again, although admittedly, that does beg the question how do you keep Vardy and Iheanacho in the side.

• Administrator

Rumours going around that's a select few players have been up to some mischief and won't be in the squad. Apparently Hamza, Pérez, Maddison are 3 of them. 

Infuriating that players can't just behave normally. 

• Subscriber

I got told that Rodgers pretty much got them together for a meeting on the back of the Soyuncu situation and said basically spend this next 6 weeks behaving like monks, and a day later a few of them go and do that. It is poor.

Firstly, it goes without saying that it's no surprise that West Ham have been the most surprising performers this season given how toxic there fan base have been since moving to The London Stadium.

I fancied Leicester to win this game prior to this off field incident. Pelechi Iheanacho masterclass would be great for FPL purposes. I went for him after @Stans political answer to my question.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

No he hasn't. 

Should do better there though. 

We all have our opinions mate, no need to get snappy xD. He used to be one of the best in the league - thought he would have replaced De Gea at Manchester United if he left to Real Madrid, he's a bit of a liability now. 

8 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I'd say Leicester getting dragged into a battle for 4th is better for us

Yup.

West Ham bound to drop points against clubs that sit back. The more points Leicester drop before us, United, and Spurs....the better. 

Archived