• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Schalke Relegated from Bundesliga

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2021 at 21:23, Tommy said:

Condolences to our Schalke fans. See you next season. :52_fearful:

Hopefully, Tommy, you will - twice, once at yours and once as my guest in the Veltins.  I have waited to see what the TFF response would be - not to the relegation - which has been obvious for some time, but for the action of those who waited on Tuesday night in Gelsenkirchen.  Their response was totally expected - that is what they always are and have always been - the decent fans stayed away and sat quietly and sadly at home.  The idiots were also not the ultras but the management - knowing that they were waiting and taking the players straight back home.  The players are not responsible for this - OK, so some are not up to the standard the BL requires, but they do not pick themselves - nor do they pick any one of the 5 so-called coaches we have had this season.  I do not believe that all 13/14 or so who took the park on Tuesday went out to play badly - not to try - or simply to walk through the 90 minutes!  Young Becker may not be International Standard, but he has tried his hardest everytime he has played and to see his reaction at the end of the game was awful - after having to sit there and not help or be asked to do so!  Uth has been dreadful all season and still gets sent on - he tried, but his efforts were painful to watch.  Harit ran his socks off and Huntelaar was still able to cause some problems - where was his younger help - sat on the bench all game.  More and more errors almost as if the inevitable had been accepted so lets just get the 90 minutes over. A few weeks in charge at Darmstadt and Bochum 2nd team is no qualification to be offered the 04 position - that and not even able to recognise some of the players say everything about those upstairs.  Probably they have spent the last few weeks trying to persuade the Europa Premier League guys to invite them for next season - that level of intelligence would just about be correct!  I am not angry - just very sad, and look forward to some sense next season when the team can be rebuilt by someone who knows what the heck he is doing!  I am old enough to have been through this relegation situation more than a few times - 81 and 88 were the worst when not only did we fail to win a Pokal game, but were not able to compete in the play-offs and stay up.  Whilst I do not wish relegation on any team, if Koln join us perhaps they will let young Max come home and start to help the rebuilding process - at least the prats that caused him to leave are no longer there!  With the virus giving the players time to settle down a little and wait 10 days for the next game they will not even have to play in their own stadium with some of those from Tuesday bawling outside.  It has been a weird week for European Football and a sad one in Gelsenkirchen - we've been there before and sorted it more than once - we can do it again.  Thanks to those who have refrained from posting smiley faces - I'm sure you know that this 04 guy would never do that if you were in this position.  Perhaps there could be anew phrase to guide the future - Downwards and Upwards again!

Tschuss und, wie immer , sei nett!

Archived