talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Junior Firpo Joins Leeds United from Barcelona

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Not surprised he's left Barca. He's looked average and inconsistent every time i've seen him. Maybe Leeds can get something from him but i don't think he has what it takes at the very highest level.

Looking how Bielsa has got the best out of players who've plied their trade in the Championship I'd have every confidence he has the ability to get something more out of this lad. 

Barca signed him for a reason, maybe the move was too big for him at the time. 

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

I haven't seen him play, no idea what he's like, but it's rumoured this could be close.

@Carnivore Chris may know more.

He's a talented player but he doesn't get chances. It would be a good move all-round. Leeds would get a player who would likely improve them, Barça would get another player off the books to free up wages and Junior would actually be playing.

19 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

He's a talented player but he doesn't get chances. It would be a good move all-round. Leeds would get a player who would likely improve them, Barça would get another player off the books to free up wages and Junior would actually be playing.

Nice one, sounds promising. That'll do for me. 

Hopefully he's a big upgrade on Alioski because ultimately that is who he is replacing.

Just hope he can handle hard work and running, lots and lots of running.

On 30/06/2021 at 14:22, Lucas said:

I haven't seen him play, no idea what he's like, but it's rumoured this could be close.

@Carnivore Chris may know more.

He always looked pretty good for Betis when he played and I'm not surprised he caught the eye of Barcelona when he did but the reality was that looking back that move to Barca wasn't right for his career. He'll suit the Premier League and Bielsa's style which I imagine is one of the reasons why he's signed and I think he'll be a decent signing, one that could go under the radar. He has great potential and it's just a question of whether he'll fulfill it and stay fit. This is the right move for his career, working under someone like Bielsa who should get the best of him. Of course, there are lots of young players with potential but not all go on to make the most of it so we'll see how he does but on paper, it's a decent signing.

2 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

He always looked pretty good for Betis when he played and I'm not surprised he caught the eye of Barcelona when he did but the reality was that looking back that move to Barca wasn't right for his career. He'll suit the Premier League and Bielsa's style which I imagine is one of the reasons why he's signed and I think he'll be a decent signing, one that could go under the radar. He has great potential and it's just a question of whether he'll fulfill it and stay fit. This is the right move for his career, working under someone like Bielsa who should get the best of him. Of course, there are lots of young players with potential but not all go on to make the most of it so we'll see how he does but on paper, it's a decent signing.

Cheers for the summary, as I said to Chris, he's a complete unknown quantity to me.

General jist I've picked up is he went to Barca too soon and was never getting ahead of Alba. His confidence has gone a little but there is no question talent is there. Seems to love to attack, has no worries with running and workrate which is a big deal to us, defensively can be clumsy and needs work in that area.

We'll see. If he's anywhere as good as say Raphinha was for his meagre price then we've bagged a beauty.

Archived