talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Southampton 1-0 Aston Villa - Friday 5th November, 2021

football forums

• Administrator

Kick-off 20.00

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-FC_Southampton.svg.png     vs     1200px-Aston_Villa_FC_crest_(2016).svg.p

Last 3 Meetings
30/01/2021 - Southampton 0-1 Aston Villa
01/11/2020 - Aston Villa 3-4 Southampton
22/02/2020 - Southampton 2-0 Aston Villa

Recent Form
Southampton - WLDWL
Aston Villa - LLLLW

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a big game for Villa now. 4 straight defeats, 12 goals conceded in that time and the pressure will be building on Dean Smith given how well he's been backed.

Got to fancy Saints tonight in this one on current form surely.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Lucas said:

This is a big game for Villa now. 4 straight defeats, 12 goals conceded in that time and the pressure will be building on Dean Smith given how well he's been backed.

Got to fancy Saints tonight in this one on current form surely.

5 in a row now.

Armstrong's early goal enough for Saints.

• The title was changed to Southampton 1-0 Aston Villa - Friday 5th November, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned
4 minutes ago, 6666 said:

When does the discussion over Dean Smith's future start? Lost Grealish but they did bring players in and improve the overall squad.

Feels like they shot themselves in the foot and shoehorned an extra player into that attacking line up

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

When does the discussion over Dean Smith's future start? Lost Grealish but they did bring players in and improve the overall squad.

For me, it should be a very real discussion among the owners right now.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Feels like they shot themselves in the foot and shoehorned an extra player into that attacking line up

Yes, he has had injury problems. But there's been just as many times his team selections have seemed too defensive or too exuberant.

Grealish ended up on the wings because he wasn't suiting the CAM No10 spot. He has been trying Buendia there.. and it has not really looked like working.

20 hours ago, 6666 said:

They’ve got Brighton and Palace next. I can see maybe one point from those games the way they are playing. If I’m the owners, I’m expecting at least 4 point from those games, anything less and I’m sacking him. 

Archived