talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2021 - Qatar GP - 19-21st November 2021

football forum

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Panflute said:

Someone random mentioned that Hamilton is using his old PU from Turkey today and will be using the one from Brazil tomorrow and during the race. Does anyone know if that's true?

Yes.

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

is that even allowed?

Yes.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Worth a try but giving a 5 second penalty or something a week later would have been scandalous if it had affected the points standings. I'm 99% sure that if he'd been given a 5 second penalty during the race he'd have kept the buffer to Bottas above that gap and kept 2nd place anyway, so you'd be hard pressed to convince people in a neutral camp (those precious few of us) that justice would have been done had they gone ahead with that.

• Subscriber

Red Bull making noises about protesting the Mercedes rear wing this weekend and actually seem to have produced some evidence of the rear wing flap flexing at high speed based on a mark on the rear wing, or something. Everyone's favourite part of the title battle, the mind games playing out in the stewards' room...

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Will 3rd be a bad place to start? Could they get a good towe like in Mexico?

Desert tracks it's often good to start on the clean side of the grid in theory because sand gets on the track overnight and only gets cleaned off the racing line. Doesn't always seem to work out that way in Bahrain and Abu Dhabi though so not sure. As for the tow, the run to turn one in Mexico is spectacularly long but it isn't here. I'd imagine you'd be pretty happy overall to start 2nd rather than 3rd.

• Subscriber

I think Red Bull will be closer in qualifying than they were this morning but Mercedes still got a great chance of a lock out. Red Bull to take another step closer in the race, might be juicy again between the two contenders but barring any off track rear wing shenanigans it should be Hamilton's to lose. Verstappen in that case has to make sure he gets second ahead of Bottas.

• Subscriber

Hamilton Verstappen Bottas on mediums followed by the rest on softs. Start will be interesting, doesn't look like we'll get much overtaking though. Hamilton should be able to cruise it to be honest if he keeps the lead on lap 1. Bottas should be able to get 2nd off Max but I don't expect he will.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived