• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2021 - Qatar GP - 19-21st November 2021

football forum

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Gasly is starting on the softs, I'm not sure about Alonso but he might be as well. There's a non-zero chance of them interfering with Lewis at the start. Max needs a good start from 7th but he's at least on the clean side. I don't think Bottas holding him up is likely to he a massive factor. Either overtaking will be possible and Max will get past him without too much trouble, or overtaking will be limited like Mexico and he won't be able to get close enough. Whether it's Bottas or not won't be of huge concern.

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

*Ferdinando 

xD

I thought I misheard that until Ralf made fun of it. xD

Don't like that Austrian guy who does the data thing. He talks like a sleeping pill. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

I thought I misheard that until Ralf made fun of it. xD

Don't like that Austrian guy who does the data thing. He talks like a sleeping pill. 

Ralf was taking the piss for the rest of the race afterwards xD

Yeah, I can't stand him either, very annoying voice.

• Subscriber

So if Lewis wins the next race too while Max finishes second again, we'll go into the final race of the season with both on equal points or with one of them having a very slight advantage, depending who gets the fastest lap. This is soooo good. Best season by far in a long, long time. 

14 minutes ago, nudge said:

So if Lewis wins the next race too while Max finishes second again, we'll go into the final race of the season with both on equal points or with one of them having a very slight advantage, depending who gets the fastest lap. This is soooo good. Best season by far in a long, long time. 

Lewis needs the win and fastest lap. Max comes second and it's level points. But Max does have more wins. Can Bottas throw a spanner in the works next race?

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Lewis needs the win and fastest lap. Max comes second and it's level points. But Max does have more wins. Can Bottas throw a spanner in the works next race?

Hopefully, not. I really want to see the two of them fighting them out on their own. But Jeddah will probably be a massive win for Hamilton; with the new engine and the track looking mostly like it's one long fast straight, I don't think Red Bull will be able to challenge him there. Abu Dhabi should be closer, but Mercedes were always strong there, and the layout changes should favour them even more. I'd consider Lewis a big favourite to win the title now, unless something unexpected comes into play. That said, Jeddah looks pretty narrow with almost no runoff, and the tarmac should be very fresh, so a few crashes and red flags could be a real game changer.

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Stan said:

was this a good race?

Missed it. Alonso in P3 is a massive surprise.

Not extraordinary, but better than I thought it would be. Overtaking was a bit easier than expected, so there were quite a few nice battles in the midfield throughout the race. Max had a great start, but couldn't really match Hamilton's pace and was about 9 seconds behind for the most of the race, so there was no real excitement in the front, and then the rest of the field were so far behind that the two of them could pit numerous times and get a cup of coffee. Three drivers got tyre punctures which added a bit of drama late in the race. Overall, a pretty decent one.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Not extraordinary, but better than I thought it would be. Overtaking was a bit easier than expected, so there were quite a few nice battles in the midfield throughout the race. Max had a great start, but couldn't really match Hamilton's pace and was about 9 seconds behind for the biggest part of the race, so there was no real excitement in the front, and then the rest of the field were so far behind that the two of them could pit numerous times and get a cup of coffee. Three drivers got tyre punctures which added a bit of drama late in the race. Overall, a pretty decent one.

Just a thought regarding the final race. If they're level points or Lewis is 1 behind. Max could take him out first turn and win the title lol. Wonder if that crosses his mind? 😀

• The topic was unpinned

Archived